Australia Food Guide, Restaurants, Eating Guide and Reviews - HGW
Search the site
Profile
Reviews3
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3 review(s)
Citron Modern Asian Restaurant
Overall
Food/Drink

09 Dec 2011
This is a terrific little gem hidden in the suburbs. The food is always fresh and the menu changes with the seasons. The service is always good, only on super busy nights has it ever slipped. The modern take on Asian style food is fantastic. The flavours are always huge, fresh and punchy. They also are friendly to kids and serve a great kids meal, much better than the usual fried "chicken" nuggets and chips. The service has always been good. We've been coming here for fours years and it's been consistently good. It's also not expensive for what you get. It is only slightly more expensive than the local greazy pasta and pizza places (both of which are exceedingly average!) and for a really lovely meal it's well worth it.
Il Centro
Overall
Food/Drink

09 Dec 2011
The food and service at this restaurant has been consistently good for the last four years that I have been coming here. The only possible thing I could say negative about this place is that it's a little noisy inside, sounds like a dining hall. Apart from that it's a great Brisbane favourite and I'll keep on coming back for that Sandcrab Lasagne! I know people who come all the way from Sydney to eat that dish, it is amazing!
Mandarin Master Chinese Restaurant, The
Overall
Food/Drink

09 Dec 2011
Food was reasonable, atmosphere was good, but the prices were a bit high. The portions were much smaller than they appeared in the pictures, which was disappointing and for $4.80 a plate it turned out to be an expensive lunch. Also $3.50 for a small post mix soft drink that was mostly ice - seemed a lot to me! The service was friendly but not attentive. We had to keep getting up to get the waitresses attention so we could order more. Not sure if I'll be back.