Australia Food Guide, Restaurants, Eating Guide and Reviews - HGW
Search the site
Profile
Reviews11
Displaying 1 - 3 of 11 review(s)
Local Bar, The

28 Mar 2012
Wow - accidentally stumbled upon this place walking to the Oaks one night. I seemed to have missed the star power ownership fan fare on this one but then I don't read the local rag too much. I am loving this small bar phenomenon, even more now that it seems to finally penetrating the Lower North Shore. Stopped in for a nibble and a few glasses of vino before heading to that stalwart of Japanese restaurants Kyushu, where there was a big crowd in. The boys, however, managed to get us on a high table outside on what was a pleasant night where we secured some barstools, glasses of wine and the chorizo small plate to nibble on. Turns out the plate wasn't that small! Service was smooth, patrons were suitably 30+ something suave without being pretentious, it all felt quite right. One more reason to stay living on the LNS as the small bar revolution takes hold.
The Mayor Bar & Dining
Overall
Food/Drink

28 Mar 2012
Finally a classy joint to drink in on the Lower North Shore. With the small bar excitement that's been hitting the city and inner west us poor LNShore'ite's have been missing out, until now. The place has a cool laid back vibe, a good mixed crowd where everyone makes the effort to dress up a bit without going overboard. And when I say mixed you have the cooler hip 20'something crowd happily sharing space with the 50's plus who haven't lost the groove. Some great signature cocktails, food is good, though there is a bit of difference in serve sizes for the prices, staff are polishing their act and the Maitre D' George keeps things humming with a kiss and a smile for all. Go if you want a more sophisticated experience on the LNS, stay away if you think Hotel Cremorne is a good place to drink.
La Pesa Trattoria
Overall
Food/Drink

08 Jul 2011
From the moment we walked through the doors into the charming, dark wood surrounds I knew we were on to a winner. With a warm greeting we were seated and from then on in we just placed ourselves in the capable hands of the husband and wife team who made food suggestions, selected complimentary wine and generously took care of us. It was fabulous. I had out of town guests who were blown away. Go there if you want a cosy, relaxed, intimate experience that's as warm as home and as polished as the top end of town. I'll be back.
Load More