Australia Food Guide, Restaurants, Eating Guide and Reviews - HGW
Search the site
Profile
Reviews44
Displaying 1 - 3 of 44 review(s)
Centennial Parklands Cafe (Centennial Park)
Overall
Food/Drink

22 Feb 2015
This was chosen as a central meeting place for 5 couples and their kids. Two words… oh dear. My muscles were off. I tried 3 but they were so putrid smelling, I just couldn’t do it. I asked for them to be removed immediately. I got numerous apologies but that didn’t reinstate my appetite to take up the offer of a replacement meal. Everyone else’s meals were ordinary. For example, crispy skinned barramundi where the skin was soggy. Big letdown. Can’t say I found it very funny when the muscles were on the bill at end.
Moon Park
Overall
Food/Drink

01 Feb 2015
This the first time I’ve actually had Korean outside of Korea. Being lucky enough to have eaten numerous times in Seoul and surrounding areas I was particularly curious to see if it truly was the taste of Korea. It was indeed. Starting with the service, it… was… flawless. The food was also absolutely incredible! On the menu, there were three dishes that had been altered due to a shortage of ingredients – I have a love hate relationship with this type of situation. Love that it reinforces a high turnover of ingredients which can assume the ingredients are always fresh. Hate that you get your hopes up about something that you can’t then entirely have. There’s one part I’m a little confused about. We ordered off the menu. You can see we had a feast. Absolutely pleasantly stuffed after and that came to $45pp (there were 5 of us) including at least one pot of tea per person. So, with the banquet being $65… I’m not sure as to what the exact benefit is in term of cost or volume of food? Last – service finished as fabulous as it started. No issue making payment across 3 credits and cash.
Sagra Restaurant
Overall
Food/Drink

31 Jan 2015
Can’t stop singing the praises of here! I flagged my partner’s shellfish allergy through the online booking form and the level of initiative and care taken to accommodate the allergy in a way that we could both try each other’s dishes (without me missing out on my shellfish friends)… it was like being looked after by family. Looking at the menu, you’d think choosing would be a cinch from such a small menu, but no. Once you see the dishes floating past to other diner’s tables, you’ll find yourself in an ordering dilemma. The bill for our four courses, pre-dinner drinks and a good bottle of wine came to just $222.