Australia Food Guide, Restaurants, Eating Guide and Reviews - HGW
Search the site
Profile
Reviews9
Displaying 1 - 3 of 9 review(s)
Kedai Satay
Overall
Food/Drink

07 May 2012
Went here on business trip last month. Tried the Nasi Uduk Komplit (Coconut Rice Complete package) and Soto Jakarta. The Nasi Uduk need a bit more flavour and aroma, the combination is a bit strange, which comes with Grilled chicken, plain boiled egg, fried potato and peanut and... Mee Goreng! The soto jakarta taste similar to one of the one you can made using pre-made seasoning powder, but still taste good. Anyway, the ambience is nice (but a bit confusing cause you have to order on the counter even if you seat on the 2nd floor), but the waitress are nice though. She's friendly and helpful with the menu.
Mamak
Overall
Food/Drink

17 Apr 2012
Waiting in line for 30 minutes, check. Seated and asked to order within the first 5 minutes, check. Food comes out after 2-3 minutes, check. Ok, it seems that my first two sentences are reporting Mamak's negative marks and the third is for their positive mark. But No! All three above are their negative marks. Queuing for a while and then got asked to order quickly has never left me a good feeling. And then we order some dishes (kangkung, fried chicken, satay chicken) and they all came out after just 2-3 minutes. Even the grilled satay! This actually makes me wonder. Are all the food pre-made and just need to reheat? There are 3-4 tables that got seated 10-15 minutes before us (we've chat with this other table on the queue), order just when we sat down and got their food around the same time after they ordered (2-3 minutes). Well, for the price they listed, pre-made or frozen food is not good enough! Taste, it was ok for pre-made food, but you can taste that the meat was frozen (especially the satay chicken). Service is really quick (from "asking" our order to "cleaning" our table after we just finish eating) until you try to call the waiter to get some water. Overall, we are impressed by how this restaurant manage to get the long queue every day. But no, we will not come back to this one. Maybe try the Chatswood branch one day, but certainly not to this one.
Adriano Zumbo Patissier (The Star)
Overall
Food/Drink

05 Mar 2012
We bought a decorated chocolate fondant cake for my bday and some macaroons... The cake was basically just chocolate... not liquid chocolate like on normal fondant, it just big block of chocolate that too rich for anyone... Even for a chocolate lover like me! The macaroons was terrible! Out of a dozen that we bought, only 2 that I like. The rest is too goey, too swet or too oily! And when we asked the staff member which one is a good one, the replied was "All of them is good, just pick some because we are busy." What kind of attitude is that? I fell in love with Zumbo's patisseries since watching his magic on Masterchef, but never realise that his store and quality is at this low level.
Load More