Bistro Jinja

Asian

Add a Review for Bistro Jinja

User Reviews of Bistro Jinja, The Entrance

Food  3      Ambience  5      Service  7

Food was bland, ordered nasi goreng, curry and satay chicken as on the menu it was mixed satay but only had chicken that day. All family agreed food wasn't that hot and a bit tasteless, will not be back. Service was ok and location nice.

Sep 14, 2014

As a local we are there for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner on any given day. love it. Great food and sterling service.

Apr 16, 2014

Truly awful food with high prices! We tried this place based on all the good reviews but we are very disappointed. We had a mixed satay main which had 6 small skewers of microwave reheated meat that wasn't fresh for $24.00! a lamb massuman curry that was flavourless with perhaps 7 pieces of fatty lamb in the bowl, and a pad Thai that tasted nothing like pad Thai should, even if the meals had been half that price I would have been upset to pay for them, I recommend choosing the Italian place down the road instead.

Feb 09, 2014

- Food was below average.
    - Staff is super friendly and put a good effort into it but it's not hospitality trained standard.
    - Location is pretty but if you sit at one of the verandah's tables (I did) your plate, drinks n cutlery shakes annoyingly every time someone walks through the promenade deck.

After several frustrated experiences, home cooking is my best for great food at the entrance.

Mobile Review Feb 08, 2014

Fresh and very tasty food. Friendly and efficient service. Lovely spot very enjoyable lunch in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Dec 16, 2013

The first time we ate at Bistro Jinja we chose them by chance from among the other eateries in the area. How happy were we! Great Food and atmosphere from the entrees we shared to all our mains. There's always something different and tasty on the dessert menu too! Have been back a few times since and never disappointed.

Oct 08, 2013

I have been to this bistro several times and yes, at a bistro you do need to order and pay at the counter although the last few times we have been we had waitstaff take our order.

The food and helpings a very generous esp the Nasi and Indonesian rice with shredded duck, amazing. The sesame prawn entrees are a brilliant starter and the coconut stir fry prawns I've had 3 times now are my favourite. I've seen largish groups there and at times had to wait a little, but the view you can't beat and I've never had cause to complain about any dish I've been presented with.

I went to a pub the other day where the meals were on av $2 more for a lot less and yes, you had to order and pay at the counter. Highly recommended if you want to impress your friends.

Nov 04, 2012

Highly recommended, food was excellent and fresh. Service was quick and friendly and location is probably the best at The Entrance.

Have been here 3 times and it has always been an excellent experience.

Aug 04, 2012

My partner and I went here for dinner last night and loved it! The service was perfect, friendly and casual and nothing I could fault!

The food was so yummy, we started with the Crab Prawn and Pork Roll, and steamed dim sums. A great way to start! The Nasi Goreng was a winner and serving size was large but I devoured it! We also had the Stirfry Prawns which was delicious!

Overall a winner in every way! I think the value for money was spot on for the delicious produce and overall experience! Would definitely go back and recommend to anyone.

Jun 03, 2012

Man o man, this is the worst restaurant I've ever been to. I've never had to put salt on Singapore noodles, they should try soy sauce. The fish curry, terrible the chicken curry just as bad. The fish was very old.

Very disappointing.

Apr 05, 2012

Subscribe to the The Entrance and Surrounds newsletter for deals, specials and news!