Fresh User Reviews for Wheelchair Access in Sydney

SydneyguyRojoe reviewed Cafe Sydney, Circular Quay

Restaurants, Cafes, Modern Australian, Seafood, Family Dining

Overall 7.1  452

Food  5      Coffee  5      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  4

It's a nice view but your paying for it, the food was below expectation,service was above average and prices expensive. Would come here for a romantic date and enjoy the view, but not the food

Kat S. reviewed Deck on Bent, Moore Park

Restaurants, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Child Friendly Menus, Has Bar

Overall 5.5  26

Had my birthday party there, a group of 26 we were. Pastas, Salads and garlic bread. Great portions, creamy delicious pastas and the best garlic bread. Excellent service and exceptional coffee. The whole crew came out and sang happy birthday for me and shouted me a glass of bubbly which really made my night. The only downside was that we couldn't book the deck as they had other reservations.

poppy_korn reviewed Athenian Greek Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Greek, Seafood, Steak House, Family Dining

Overall 6.6  137

My fiancé took me here proclaiming it to be the best greek place ever. it was just awful! The ambience is great - high ceilings and beautifully decorated, it takes you back to another era of dining. The food however was horrible - I ordered the lamb shoulder which just lumped on the plate as a huge chunk with a side greek salad. The meat was smelly and lacked any seasoning or flavour. I couldn't eat it and thankfully I had the salad to munch on. I also had a look at my fiancé's plate and he had lamb with spaghetti - it was horribly presented and didn't look one bit appetising. The only good thing was a pastry like dessert which we had with our tea which was the only saving grace of the whole evening. Service is excellent - but the food is just so so so bad. It's also very expensive for what you get. There are plenty of other places I would rather go for a good Greek feast but this isn't one of them.

Food4allandme reviewed Prato Cafe & Diner, Abbotsford

Cafes, Fusion, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.7  11

Food  3      Coffee  5      Ambience  7      Service  1      Value  2

I am (have been) a regular user of this local cafe for a few months - giving it ample time to improve its customer service, menu and quality! It is getting worse instead of better! The coffee is 'hit & miss' - sometimes great & just as requested & sometimes bearable! The service is often slack & The quiet times are the worse - we felt like we were interrupting the conversation last time we went - fetched our own water and went inside to order as we got tired of waiting. No apology - just business as usual & they continued the conversation after reluctantly serving us!

Kantanasrin reviewed Janani, Strathfield South

Restaurants, Indian, Sri Lankan, BYO, Licensed

Overall 6.6  86

I was desperately looking for a good Dosa shop for a long time and one of my friends recommended me to try out Janani. I went to Janani last month with my family and we have enjoyed not only the nice dosas but also every single item. I would say, Janani is the best restaurant in Sydney. All authentic south indian dishes are available there. In addition, there are a variety of yummy yummy dishes ranging from mild to extremely spicy. Moreover, there are a lot of parking spaces which makes it more convenient to pay frequent visits without worrying to find parking. I would recommend all friends to go to Janani and enjoy your meal with reasonable prices.

Lea B. reviewed Ablaze Grill & Bar, Moore Park

Restaurants, International, Mediterranean, Steak House, Tapas

Overall 5.8  23

We went there Sunday after a movie. Service was apathetic, luke warm coffee and the dessert was terrible! Not going back...

Marrissa M. reviewed Deck on Bent, Moore Park

Restaurants, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Child Friendly Menus, Has Bar

Overall 5.5  26

Was there on the Saturday night with my partner, had the steak and the lamb cutlets. One of the best meals we've had in a very long time. The food was delicious, fresh and hot. Definitely recommended.

1gg reviewed Cucinella, Coogee

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Vegetarian

Overall 6.7  15

Had breakfast at Cucinella on Sunday. As soon as we sat down a waiter came over and cleaned our table - although promptly forgot about us. We had to get our own menus and chase someone to take out order. It took about half an hour for a milkshake and a very weak coffee to reach our table. Shortly afterwards our very small portioned meals came out. My fiance got the salmon which was apparently quite nice, although you only get one piece of small toast with a little bit of salmon on top. I ordered turkish toast with a side of avocado - $4 for four thin slices of avocado and $5.50 for a half a turkish roll. We both left unsatisfied... we will not be back!

1gg 1gg

foxbat003 reviewed Bills Surry Hills, Surry Hills

Cafes, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Hip and Trendy, Bistro/Brasserie

Overall 6.3  202

Food  8      Coffee  5      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  9

Had to wait in the queue for 40min, turning up 10AM in Sat morning, hopefully that will give a bit of an idea, however which was expected. Food was good, four of us tried four different breakies, bit pricy though, but nevertheless well deserved, nice ambience and wish it wasn't busy! Everyone should try at least once.

Rebecca B. reviewed Blackrock Brasserie, Sylvania

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Fine Dining, Good for Business Dining, Romantic and Intimate

Overall 6.8  8

I must admit I was a little sceptical coming here because of previous reviews from other customers but I was pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff greeted us at the door, all courses arrived to the table without us waiting too long & all courses were a decent size. Charcuterie entree had a nice selection including a delicious chicken liver pate & truffle salami (but the proscuitto was just ok). The main course rib-eye on the bone was perfectly cooked to medium rare & very tasty but more Bearnaise was definitely needed. The risotto had a great combination of flavours. Their hand cut chips were really nice & crispy, zucchini flowers were excellent but the baby carrots needed to be glazed with more honey. Well presented restaurant. We will definitely be coming back to try more dishes on their menu.

Nat Z. reviewed Pasha's Lounge, Bondi

Restaurants, Turkish, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 5.1  11

We have been coming here for a number of years, the food is always fresh & very generous portions. Try the chiken shish & the yogurt beef. Always friendly staff & owner. Highly recommend.

cscottaiton reviewed Otto, Woolloomooloo

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.5  238

We had a disappointing experience at Ottos. Food service was awful, we were rushed in and out the door. Our waitress was extremely rude and very unwelcoming. The food was ok but not worth the $200 bill our expectations were a lot higher. It's a shame as it was a special occasion and we thought Ottos would be a great place to celebrate, instead we were in and out the door in under an hour with bad service.

Shelley0569 reviewed Blackrock Brasserie, Sylvania

Overall 6.8  8

The food was excellent. The steak was cooked perfectly and the night's special (silver dory) was delicious. The servings for mains were adequate size. The beer was good - perhaps not to everyone's taste but it was great to go somewhere where you could try something different. The service was pretty good although a complaint would be why would they sit us right outside the toilet doors when there were other empty tables? It really put us off.

Phoenixflame reviewed Taste Gallery, Parramatta

Restaurants, Chinese, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.8  3

Was led here by my partner who enjoyed their dining experiences here previously. The ambiance is fantastic and the service wasn't shabby. Given that it's a Western take on Chinese cuisine, I wasn't expecting very much, but was pleasantly surprised by the full flavours and 'authenticity' of some of the dishes we ordered. The starter of San Choy Bau was a good rendition of a classic. I would say this would be a place most people would be happy to come to. However, not all the time, as the prices aren't friendly to your hip pocket.

caseybrik reviewed BAR100, The Rocks

Restaurants, Bars, Nightclubs, English, Italian

Overall 7.3  14

Food  10      Drinks  10      Ambience  10      Service  10      Value  10

As a group dining out it’s not always a simple process to find somewhere that can accommodate you easily in their restaurant and provide a suitable menu. When we called to book we were hoping we could order from the regular restaurant menu but were advised that groups need to choose a set menu. I was hesitant at first but after chatting to the friendly staff over the phone it seemed very reasonable. It was $45 for a 2 course menu which is actually quite cheap for a group of 20 people! The dishes were so delicious as well - I had the roast pumpkin salad for entrée and snapper fillet for main. Both were very generous sizes and tasted great! All in all really good value for money. Very happy customer - I will definitely be back!

miffy7 reviewed Otto, Woolloomooloo

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.5  238

With the rainy week we were having, I wasn't sure if we were going to Otto for lunch as we had a bub in tow but luckily today it was sunny!

With the dimmi flash special, I booked Otto over a month ago and it did not disappoint! We came here for lunch and it was mostly customers having business lunches/meetings but they mostly sat outside. As it was windy, we sat inside and I rang to see if they had highchairs (which they did).

To start, we shared the truffle & pecorino soufflé with hazelnuts & mushrooms which was small in size but rich & delicious. The scallops with Jerusalem artichoke puree, black pudding & farro was cooked perfectly.

For our mains, I tried the beef cheeks in Marsala, Jerusalem artichoke purée, grape salsa which again cooked perfectly as it was falling apart tender. My mum had their pasta of the day which she really enjoyed.

We were both so full but thought we would share a dessert as I have read so much about how good it was but it wasn't meant to be as the restaurant got really busy and it was hard to get anyone's attention. So since we had a bub who was starting to get restless we got the bill.

Overall, great food and im glad the sun came out so we can have a lovely lunch.

Truffle & pecorino soufflé with hazelnut, mushroom Seared scallops with Jerusalem artichoke, black pu... Beef cheeks, Marsala, Jerusalem artichoke purée, g...

Aug 28, 2014

Katherine K. reviewed Bianco Kitchen, Brighton-Le-Sands

Cafes, Italian, Family Dining, Hip and Trendy, Air Conditioning

Overall 6.8  17

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  10      Service  9      Value  9

I dined last night at Bianco Kitchen with some friends and was amazing as always! Love everything about it. The service is spectacular and our Italian waitress is gorgeous and professional every time. The food is amazing, especially pasta! The atmosphere is superb! Def highly recommended!

Mobile Review Aug 28, 2014

szkut reviewed Essen Cafe & Restaurant, Campbelltown

Restaurants, Cafes, English, Family Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.3  3

Just had lunch here. It was a weekday so was not busy and had no issue getting seated. Ordered and good came pretty quick. We got the burger, pumpkin salad and lasagne. All were good and pretty decent size servings. Dessert menu also looked good but were too full to try any. Definitely one of the better places to eat in the Campbelltown area.

Mobile Review Aug 27, 2014

David T. reviewed Infuzions, Cammeray

Restaurants, Asian, Asian Fusion, Tapas, Family Dining

Overall 7.3  36

Booking:
Table of four, 6.30pm, Saturday night

Food:
The Thai-dominant, pan-Asian food was generally of a high standard.

Larb salmon entree was a standout: superb fresh flavours and an intriguing twist on more regular chicken or beef larb dishes. Chicken satay salad came with unannounced medium-hot chilli dressing over the whole dish which was a shock to my low-chilli-tolerant wife.

Of our main courses, the salt and pepper duck was also an intriguing combination but lacked a vegetable to accompany the duck, superb fragrant rice and slice of grilled pineapple. Duck was well done throughout, so not ideal for those who want a pink centre. Wagyu beef chilli basil stir fry and massaman osso bucco were well received.

Ambience:
As the restaurant filled up, the noise level reached uncomfortably high and made chatting difficult. Hard floors, walls and ceilings made everything reverberate. A definite negative for our party.

Service:
Service was excellent and attentive, capped off by the offer of a replacement entree for my wife, when it proved too spicy for her, with the offending chilli dressing on the side, at no extra charge.

Value:
With an Entertainment Book voucher for 25% up to $30, our bill came to about $115 for three entrees, four main courses, additional rice and corkage.

Parking:
Plenty of spaces at the carpark behind the restaurant, with no charges or limits after 6pm.

Return Appeal:
Would not go back at a busy time because of the noise. Plenty of other dishes appealed for a return visit at another time.

Aug 27, 2014

Mushnik01 reviewed Toros, Darling Harbour

Restaurants, Seafood, Spanish, Tapas, Has Bar

Overall 5  18

This restaurant is in a beautiful location, and we were treated royally by wonderful friendly staff. All were attentive to our needs, and the service was perfect. The food was great. We came back for breakfast and another dinner, after our first visit. As there are many good restaurants within 20 metres in each direction of Toros, so this is saying something.

We had food from the Tapas menu our first visit, and steak at our second and all was great. We had eggs benedict when we had breakfast here, and it was all cooked to perfection. We recommend Toros to everyone.

Aug 27, 2014