Fresh User Reviews for Wheelchair Access in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 881

frizzles reviewed Cibo e Vino, Castle Hill

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 7  114

New location at Rouse Hill. Eaten before when at Castle Hill and was okay. But I have no idea what happened between then and now. I wish that I had read these reviews before throwing my money away. Zero ambience. (pity there is no zero star) The mains were satisfactory... just satisfactory, as for the dessert - well, I didn't finish it. I work really hard for my money. I expect the same when I give it to somebody else. They also hammered us 4 bucks pp for corkage while they wait for their grog licence. We will never return.

spj reviewed Il Lago, Baulkham Hills

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.4  51

The seafood linguine had very little seafood in it! Maybe half a scallop and one prawn chopped up, 4-5 small mussels and 4-5 pieces calamari. Tasty, but definitely not good value. The pizza my husband ordered was "mediocre" - doughy tasting, not crisp on the edges. Service ok, but not great. A shame, as we have always been impressed here before.

spj spj

Steve S. reviewed Coco Rice Thai Restaurant, Denistone East

Restaurants, Japanese, Thai, Family Dining, Air Conditioning

Overall 8.9  4

I ordered food from this restaurant online using menu log. The food did not arrive on time, the staff was rude on the phone and hang up on me after refusing to deliver and keep on claiming there was no order. Several calls back went straight to answering machine. Disgusting service, I am not even going to ever bother with this restaurant.

zabazaba reviewed Rubino's, Willoughby

Cafes, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 9.4  5

Food  10      Coffee  10      Ambience  9      Service  10      Value  9

Been past a few times but went here for the first time today with my wife & 2 year old. Just brilliant! The food was great - good flavours and presentation (eg prawn salad and tiramisu both quite original in serving). The waiter was genuinely very helpful and charming and nothing was a problem to help including with our daughter (extra plate, spoon etc). Love the look - simple, elegant, clean and all without being "arty". This is our new favourite cafe, and we will come back very soon!

Jay D. reviewed Sura by Ku, Woollahra

Restaurants, Asian Fusion, Good For Groups, BYO, Licensed

Overall 7.3  6

Entrees were reasonably presented and acceptable. The main course foods was tough, stringy and poorly presented. Generally inedible and in most cases, returned almost untouched. Service got lost in space and drink orders failed to arrive. Drinks, particularly beer, when and if it arrived, were generally an unknown brand with max pricing. No well known local or brand name imports available. I will not be returning and will make my thoughts known to friends and acquaintances. Very disappointing.

Restaurants, European, Japanese, Modern Australian, Family Dining

Overall 7.3  38

A friend and I dined here last night and was surprised to see the restaurant not at capacity as the meal we thoroughly enjoyed was delicious, elegant and we were left feeling very satisfied (but not the gross feeling you get when you eat a pizza).

We shared two entrees - gyoza and soft shell crab taco - yummy! Then proceeded with the Seared Salmon with Teriyaki (they served this with miso and pickled veges) and my friend had the wagyu beef. Both loved the meal and decided to continue the feast with dessert - Brownie and trio of mousse. The brownie is made in house and was not the usual sickly sweet and overly indulgent brownie that I am used to seeing. This was light and didn't require any ice cream to offset the sweetness. It was just perfect.

I am at odds as to why I am reading the bad reviews at this restaurant. Yes, I admit that is costs more than your average dinner at a local Thai place, but if you want to dine at a restaurant that delivers wonderfully fresh food with a focus on great produce, then this is bang for buck.

Best of all, it is also on the entertainment card. Where can you dine at a nice establishment for three courses with drinks for under $40 each?
I have been dining out a lot as I love food - would I go back? Definitely.

Oct 23, 2014

Laurel reviewed Winery, The, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Tapas, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.5  98

Whilst The Winery is very expensive both food and wine, the ambiance and service is fantastic and certainly makes up for it. We had Matt and Jess look after our group for the whole afternoon and we truly enjoyed ourselves. They are adding a caviar and champagne specialty area which sounds exciting. Will definitely return.

Oct 23, 2014

Have A Great Day reviewed Temasek, Parramatta

Restaurants, Malaysian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, BYO

Overall 5.9  224

I went there for dinner with family, we have been there a number of times before but this time was probably the best in terms of food and service. The dishes that I liked most were the Lemongrass King Prawns and Garlic Eggplants, really yummy! Friendly and efficient service. We finished our meal within one hour. Overall a very pleasant experience.

JohR reviewed Abhi's, North Strathfield

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Citibank Dining Program, Has Bar

Overall 7.1  186

Very tasty food and great service. We arrived just before closing but the service was top class. Would definitely recommend.

Kulfhi

Mobile Review Oct 22, 2014

Alex M. reviewed La Grande Bouffe, Rozelle

Restaurants, French, Family Dining, BYO, Child Friendly

Overall 7.6  129

Great menu, loved the snails and the slow cooked pork neck will delight the lovers of good cholesterol. As for the wines, they have a good variety of French as well as Australian that are priced quite reasonably.

Alex M. Alex M.
'politically incorrect (I cannot lie)'

Davidash reviewed El Phoenician, Walsh Bay

Restaurants, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 8.4  16

This has to be one of the Best Lebanese Restaurant in Sydney. Although I haven't been to the Walsh bay branch as yet.

Davidash Davidash
'Saffron Nougat nuts from Isfahan'

aulung reviewed Thim Thai, Granville

Restaurants, Thai, BYO, Licensed, Serves Takeaway

Overall 8.1  14

Had the $8 special Penang curry. Good portion and best value for money in the area.

Mobile Review Oct 22, 2014

lanceheng reviewed Parma, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining, Good for Brunch

Overall 7.6  43

Service  1

Had a disaster of an experience with a booking made through the Dimmi website.
Turned up last night for a dinner for two. First disaster was that they couldn't find the booking. Eventually they did and sat us down. Before you know it, was asked to take a phone call from the owner. On the phone he said that he was unable to honour the Dimmi deal. Had the booking printed out but he still refused to honour the booking. The whole time he was aggressive and not friendly at all. The booking was for a half priced meal deal and was even happy to buy drinks etc. The place was close to being empty and he was willing to lose two customers who had no problems spending money. Worse of all he was rude and unfriendly through the whole experience! Left to find somewhere with much better service. Got a call from what I believe was the owner making threats at me for the review that was made. The review was fair and it reflected the entire awful experience. There was no lies or anything made up.

Ash R. reviewed Olio, St Leonards

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Modern Australian, Good For Groups

Overall 7.5  43

Service  1

This place has never been the same since Simone, Sydney's best barrista, left. I just bought a coffee and I had to throw it out because it was dreadful. The guy took about 5 seconds and seemed as though he didn't care. Never, ever coming back here. You've lost a valued customer. So disappointed.

Mobile Review Oct 21, 2014

ChocChip reviewed Temasek, Parramatta

Restaurants, Malaysian, Vegetarian, Family Dining, BYO

Overall 5.9  224

Restaurant isn't in an ideal location - in the middle of nowhere outside Westfield and in an alley way, but surprisingly really packed when we went for lunch on a weekend. Nothing spectacular about the interior of the restaurant and the service was just average. The noodle dishes we ordered were quite nice though and servings were good. Bit pricey for lunch in my opinion, but overall not too bad.

ChocChip ChocChip
'NOM NOM NOM'

Alex M. reviewed St Honore Sourdough Bakery, North Sydney

Cafes, French, Serves Breakfast, Serves Lunch, Serves Takeaway

Overall 6.2  6

Food  9      Coffee  4      Ambience  5      Service  5      Value  7

Their service may be lacking and there is plenty of room for improvement in their coffee, but their bread keeps me making long trips to North Sydney. The batards have are crusty with a thick consistency that is seriously lacking in the everyday Australian bread. Their palmiers are crispy, sweet and delicious, the best in Sydney.

Alex M. Alex M.
'politically incorrect (I cannot lie)'

Yihui L. reviewed Rockpool, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Seafood, Fine Dining, Licensed

Overall 7.9  123

I'd compared several restaurants which were still not booked out when I thought of giving myself a birthday dinner with my partner, and it turned out that Rockpool, which was highly awarded, was surprisingly among one of them. After this dinner, I think I've finally known the reason. Basically, it doesn't deserve that many consumers. I was expecting that they might make us some surprises after the fact that I told them that we would like to celebrate my birthday here when they asked whether we had special requirements. However, our birthday celebration was totally ignored thanks to their thoughtful reservation records.

Let's talk about the courses. They looked not bad and they were served extremely slowly as a result of well prepared and treated by chefs if this was an understanding explanation. The problem was, their taste didn't quite match their appearance. Some of the courses were way too unreasonably salty, while some of them were not flavored at all. They tried to fuse different kinds of cuisines together but sadly every single fusion was not as good as the authentic version. The sushi they cooked was not even close to a 10-dollars street sushi box. The Mapo Tofu, which was supposed to be one of the most famous Chinese dishes was neither Chinese flavored nor westernized. The bread was hard as rocks and the mains, well, were so tiny-sized which could be almost swallowed within one bite.

Let's sum it up. The chef team maybe took too much time on how courses looked instead of how they tasted. The sensation of accomplishment of various kinds of courses seemed overwhelmingly more important than the opinions and advice by customers for them. If the degustation sets could be 100 dollars or less, then I would be probably still likely to come again. But based on the 165 dollars pricing fact, they are not worth any cent.

ho_fame reviewed Lashings, Drummoyne

Cafes, Burger, Gourmet Chicken, Salads, Air Conditioning

Overall 5.7  7

Food  8      Coffee  4      Ambience  7      Service  6      Value  7

Great place for a quick, easy and delightable burger... Good on a summer day.

Mobile Review Oct 21, 2014

saludos reviewed 21Thai, Rozelle

Restaurants, Thai, Family Dining, BYO, Child Friendly

Overall 7.1  4

We walked past and decided to go in on a whim. Well the food was great! Tasty, very fresh and not greasy. There were many coconut based sauces so not the ideal balance but I guess lots of people like the coconut cream base or they wouldn't be on the menu. Wait staff were faultless, charming and attentive. The atmosphere is quiet and calm despite the restaurant being nearly full. Good value as well.

Oct 20, 2014

reme_rinc reviewed Namaste Bondi, Bondi Beach

Restaurants, Indian, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 6.1  5

As locals, we've tried to give this place a few chances, in order to support our local restaurants. But after one too many letdowns, we'll never order from here again.

Tonight our rice tasted 'dirty' and off, the curries we ordered were bland, as though they hadn't been cooked sufficiently. Previously we haven't had correct food delivered, and the 'free coke and dessert' deal offered when you order over $50 almost never included... coke and dessert.

You can make excuses for those things, but when food is delivered that's likely to make you sick, you draw the line. When a refund was requested and we don't even get a call back- that's when you write reviews like this!

Oct 20, 2014