Fresh User Reviews for Wheelchair Access in Sydney

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 594

Restaurants, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian

Overall 7.6  28

4 of us for dinner. Service was satisfactory but was off putting to see 3 waiters chatting at counter for quite a few minutes as if they had nothing to do. Pleasant modern restaurant and being able to sit outside in open air was lovely. Decided to order banquet at $55/head with the addition of a muhammara dip and the cabbage rolls. Flat bread and fried flat bread came out immediatley with dips to follow. Wow - they looked great. The fried flat bread was a bit stale (obviously cooked far too early). Hommus was hommus, lovely smokey flavour to the babaghanouj, labne was good. Big disappointment was the muhammara. Maybe personal taste, but it was spicier than I've ever had, missing the roasted capsicum & walnut flavour. Could have been anything. The fatoush & tabouli were standard fare. I've had better. Again, nothing to really complain about, but the falafel, vine leaves and fried cauliflower were also mediocre. All of the 3 types skewered meats were overcooked, dry, unappetising and tasted all the same. The cabbage rolls were awful. Cannot believe people gave this restaurant a "10". They either don't know good lebanese food (even if they are lebanese) and certainly have never eaten at Chic Pea (now closed). I mean it wasn't all terrible, but certainly below average food wise. Took all the left over meat home for the dog. Wouldn't go back and certainly not for $70-75/head - outrageous - I expect amazing food for that.

Feb 28, 2015

John Dory reviewed Hugos Bar Pizza, Kings Cross

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Child Friendly

Overall 7.2  71

We shared a tasting plate comprising calamari, fresh fig salad, Italian Meatballs and Sydney rock oysters, all of which were very tasty, especially the fig salad and calamari. For mains, we decided to order the Pumpkin and Chorizo pizzas. They were served with a light crisp base and the flavour was most pleasing. Service was prompt from the moment we arrived and the number of patrons increased rapidly. Ambience is pleasant with low level lighting and background music. However, ambient noise levels rose as numbers increased, which was detrimental, if you like a quiet venue. The prices for food and drinks were reasonable for this type of environment. Overall, we had an enjoyable dining experience during our stay.

Feb 26, 2015

littlebites reviewed Winery, The, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Tapas, Has Bar, Licensed

Overall 7.4  101

Don't mind going back again and again.. but just for drinks.

littlebites reviewed Flying Fish, Pyrmont

Restaurants, Seafood, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.1  339

I had a special yet simple evening at Flying Fish. The food price was very much reasonable for the atmosphere and quality. I wouldn't say it has the best food.. but the overall push it well above average.

Eric C. reviewed Record Crate, The, Glebe

Bars, Burger, Comfort Food, Modern Australian, Pizza

Overall 8.5  1

Drinks  8      Ambience  9      Service  9      Value  8

Fantastic venue! Excellent atmosphere, good value pizzas and decent beers on tap.

Restaurants, Pubs, Modern Australian, Pizza, Family Dining

Overall 6.7  21

Food  7      Drinks  4      Ambience  5      Service  6      Value  6

Honest clean pub food. If you like a schnitty you need to go friday lunch as they have a very good schnitzel special friday only.

HeavyHeart reviewed Grano, Wetherill Park

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6  22

As a frequent customer, our family decided to book a function at Grano. 2 and a half weeks prior to the function, an unforeseen death occurred in the family which lead us to having to cancel the booking. A $400 deposit was made. With 2 and a half weeks notice, we called Grano to advise of the situation and were advised that none of our deposit would be returned! This is a very poor response considering we are regular customers and they were given enough notice to seat more people on the function evening. We are disgusted by their heartless response and will never ever be returning here, and will be letting everyone know about the situation. We would have been happy with even half the deposit returned to be able to use it for the funeral, but it was non negotiable. You have lost us forever!

Mobile Review Feb 23, 2015

rockindoc reviewed Plonk! Beach Cafe, Mosman

Restaurants, Cafes, Takeaways, Modern Australian, Family Dining

Overall 7.5  80

Food  7      Coffee  8      Ambience  8      Service  8      Value  7

Great place for a lazy weekend lunch. Reasonable selection of food, seafood platter was OK without being brilliant (may be limited by what fresh produce is available at the markets!). Good wine list, minimum bottle price round $40.

Feb 23, 2015

ChocChip reviewed Spanish Tapas, Glebe

Restaurants, Seafood, Spanish, Tapas, Vegetarian

Overall 5.9  151

Food overall was good, much better than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed the crumbed mushrooms, garlic prawns and chorizo and servings was decently portioned and priced. My least favourite dish was probably the patatas bravas, as the cubes of fried potatoes were too soft like it had been sitting in the tomato sauce for a while. The sangria was not to my liking either. It seemed like there was too much soda/ lemonade in the mixture, making it rather unpleasant to drink after the first glass. Wine is the better choice.

Ambience at the front of the restaurant is lively and open, with upstairs being a bit more romantic. The flamenco dance being performed on Friday and Saturday nights was good too. Only downside, we once came on a 50% off food special and even though there were tables at the front of the restaurant, we were seated in the back area with only a few other tables. There was absolutely no ambience and it felt like we were kind of just shoved into the back because we were dining on a special, and therefore not "real" customers. If I had paid full price and was seated in the back, i would not be very happy. Service seems a little tired at times, with food being plonked onto our table without any passion or pride.

Feb 23, 2015

ChocChip ChocChip
'NOM NOM NOM'

eatout2weekly reviewed Restaurant 317, Parramatta

Restaurants, European, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy

Overall 6.8  224

Price for what you get is high, service is very slow and not very friendly, we had 10 people at our table all left disappointed, local beer is $7:50 was not cold. Meals are very very small. Would not recommend this restaurant, Parramatta has some great restaurants this is not one of them. Nutella Pizza was like cardboard.

Feb 22, 2015

kg52 reviewed Cavallino Ristorante, Terrey Hills

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Air Conditioning

Overall 6  113

Food was very substantial. Cooked well but not very flavorful- had the spatchcock which was a little plain. Service was slow and the table next to us received our food so we had to swap.

Mobile Review Feb 21, 2015

antoine67 reviewed Binario Uno, Concord West

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, BYO

Overall 8.1  3

I know there's a lot of nice things being said by other contributors but my experience was dreadful. High on expectation, I was really looking forward to eating here. Having done so, I'd suggest a name change to whatever 'don't stop here' is in Italian.

Started badly with the waitress handing the menu and mumbling something about the pizza menu. We turned the menu over and there were the offerings as listed on their website. But no, only the pizzas were valid as we had to choose off what we took to be the specials board. Which we did, only to find that they didn't have most of those available. After a load of stuffing us about, we selected a pizza to share as an entrée and mains were up-sized entrées.

The pizza was, and I'm being kind here, ordinary. Extra thin with a strong tomato paste like Leggo's tomato concentrate. An over abundance of mozzarella which made the cheese ultra stringy and the ham was cheap sandwich ham. And tasteless except for the tomato base. Lucky we quizzed the mains because my BBQ occi would have been served with boiled potatoes and beans as would have been my partner’s battered calamari. We asked for salad which we got.

To the Cook, BBQ occi suggests the occi would in fact be BBQ'd. The occi was pickled in vinegar and had never been introduced to a grill. Half a cup of olive oil and my dinner was done. COLD and unappetising. My partner’s calamari not much better in that it was fried but tasteless. The number of times I've left food on my plate I can count on 3 fingers, this was one.

To the owner, if there was any ambience, it was obliterated in the cigarette smoke wafting into the dining room from outside from the diners outside and your good self. The TV entertaining us with music videos might be a hit in the boonies but a total mood killer here. And asking diners every 5 minutes how they are enjoying their food is another turn off. You honestly expect a public dressing down on how bad your cuisine is?

Disorganisation befitting a share house kitchen, the ambience of coffee break out the front of a government office at smoko time, the quality of a Year 7 cooking class and a proprietor who must have been trained by the Jehovahs makes for a bad experience.

Pennysou reviewed The Honey Bee Restaurant, Peakhurst

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Brunch, Good for Business Dining

Overall 7.8  10

Great little restaurant in local area. Great food reasonable prices. Mid week specials. Highly recommended.

Mobile Review Feb 21, 2015

Isabella67 reviewed The Magician's Cabaret, Paddington

Restaurants, Modern European, Family Dining, Fine Dining, Good for Business Dining

Overall 8.9  21

Awesome night out. We are on holiday in Sydney, it was my sister's birthday and I wanted to offer her something special... and I can honestly say I did it! Amazing venue, excellent food and wonderful cast. My sister had the possibility to take pictures with them and be shown some magic tricks :) We got a very nice table and we'll be definitely back!

LuvFood2000 reviewed Berta, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Italian, Licensed, Serves Dinner, Serves Late Dining

Overall 7.3  37

I've been wanting to try this place being a big fan of 121BC. Unfortunately it was a letdown. There are 2 seatings, which is a bit annoying and I know some restaurants are moving this way. However, I think it's bad form when the waiter tries to pressure you into ordering everything up front and says "What, I can't take your main orders now?" I didn't see the point, especially when they brought out all of our small plates within the first 5 minutes of being seated. So it was made very obvious to us that they were trying to turn tables over as quickly as possible. This really lessened our enjoyment of the meal. The space itself is kind of cool, and makes you feel like you've found a secret spot. But they've really packed in the tables and you can barely get in/out of your seat without asking your neighbour to move over a bit. It's too bad as I think they've gone for quantity over quality. The food was good, but not great. And given all the issues, I won't be going back.

Onara reviewed Ester, Chippendale

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Good For Groups, Banquet, Good Wine List

Overall 9  5

Pretty much a flawless meal. Innovative, creative flavour combinations, great produce, wonderful wines, cool staff. May be a bit young & noisy for some, but I guess that's the market for which Ester is aiming.

miffy7 reviewed El Phoenician, Walsh Bay

Restaurants, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Licensed, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.9  17

My family came here for an early dinner and as it was initially empty, we were well looked after and the staff are all nice and friendly.

We started with their mixed dips which were so good! Followed by their falafel (yum), tabbouleh (way too salty) and eggplant (very oily). This was followed by the lamb and chicken shish which was well cooked and tasty and even better with the accompanied garlic and spicy tomato sauce. Even though we were so full we decided To end our meal with baklava and lady arms but they were both disappointing as I have had better baklava and lady arms wasn't really our thing.

While the restaurant is pricey, it would be nice for a special occasion. (My score is high for value as we booked with Dimmi special)

Feb 20, 2015

Benzyl reviewed Abhi's, North Strathfield

Restaurants, Indian, BYO, Citibank Dining Program, Has Bar

Overall 7.1  187

Pass it up. Minimal contents. Mediocre flavour. Top price. Very disappointing. I'm prepared to pay for quality I expect something decent. Every other restaurant in the area that I have tried has better food and better value.

Mobile Review Feb 20, 2015

Only reviewed Ottimo Italian Kitchen, Hunters Hill

Restaurants, Italian, Family Dining, Good For Groups, Romantic and Intimate

Overall 6.9  28

As locals, last night was only our (group of 5) second visit to Ottimo Italian Kitchen. The first time we went (around oct/nov last yr), we really enjoyed it so much that we wanted to go again. There was a pleasant atmosphere with very good food and attentive service. It's a pity the experience wasn't repeated. In fact, I almost wondered if the restaurant has been taken over in the meantime.

To start with, the service was very sloppy. The waiter seemed totally disinterested. We brought a bottle of champagne and a red wine. The waiter had no idea how to open the red to let it breathe (was a vintage 2002). He opened the champagne and we had to ask him to open the red. There were several times had to ask for various things. After we asked for the dessert menus, he just plonked down five menus on top of one another on the table rather than distributing individually. The large group next to us were served well before us despite arriving and ordering much later.

Two people had the carpaccio special & enjoyed it. I had the barbecue octopus. It was a good-sized entree and nicely charred but a tad tasteless and the octopus overcooked. My main of pasta with crab was nice but not great and the crab meat scarce. My husband's pork, he said, was average. A brûlée not up to par but another ricotta dessert was good. The BYO charge was $6/bottle. While for 4 entrees, 5 mains, and 3 desserts the total was $300. It was expected but a bit $$ for what you get (or don't get). Just generally disappointed after our first great experience. Food certainly nowhere near as good and service terrible. We won't be back.

Feb 19, 2015

Restaurants, Greek, BYO, Outdoor Dining, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.3  122

I have dinned at Kafenes Greek Restaurant several times. I have always been looked after. The service was quick and the restaurant was clean. The food was always delicious. I am recommending it to all my friends. I would prefer to hear nice Greek music songs with soft bouzouki to match the atmosphere. Keep it up.

Feb 19, 2015