Fresh User Reviews for Wheelchair Access in Sydney

Displaying: 1 - 20 of 817

alexb reviewed Pizza Capanna, Manly

Restaurants, Takeaways, Italian, Pizza, Family Dining

Overall 6.2  4

Very good pizzas at this casual place. Service is friendly but orders can take a long time when its busy.

Nov 22, 2014

kat__is reviewed Hilltop Phoenix, Castle Hill

Restaurants, Chinese, Yum Cha, Family Dining, BYO

Overall 5.6  119

Love coming here for Yum Cha, they have a great selection of dishes to chose off the trolley. The ambience is nice and child friendly. Hilltop Phoenix is let down by its less then average customer service but the food is delicious, quick and reasonably priced, so that does not bother me. On average each yum cha dish (usually with 3-4 piece) is $6.

kat__is reviewed Blu Watergrill, Hornsby

Restaurants, Italian, Modern Australian, BYO, Outdoor Dining

Overall 5.9  145

The food is tasty and modern. And the coffee is good. The ambience is nice and the staff are friendly. I think this restaurant is let down by their prices. It can be expensive but also lack value for money with small sized meals.

ateabiliy reviewed Home Thai Restaurant, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Thai, Hip and Trendy, BYO, Serves Dinner

Overall 7.7  77

Food  3      Ambience  3

Absolute worse wait staff ever -- Plain rudeness. When did people forget to bring basic manners to a service orientated business?

What was once a great gem, has now let it's popularity get the better of them. Left the most bitter taste in our mouths and definitely overshadows the food. With a war chest of great Thai places in Sydney, this one deserves a miss.

Ken K. reviewed Ester, Chippendale

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Good For Groups, Banquet, Good Wine List

Overall 8.1  4

Yes you're in fashion this month but this does not mean that you can tell your patrons as soon as they sit down that they must order within five minutes so that you can have a dessert before you leave before 8.15pm. This is incredibly rude and I suggest that your staff learn some manners!

mangia reviewed Courtney's Brasserie, Parramatta

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Bistro/Brasserie, Citibank Dining Program, Licensed

Overall 8.2  77

New setting is not very nice. Looks like a low budget cafe. Food is very good and very big portions which was very surprising.We were too full to get dessert unfortunately. Entrees were the highlight of the night. I had the wallaby which was divine. Mains were very close to being very very good. I wish wish wish (like Manu Feildel) that chefs would give you more sauce with your meals. Don't know what they're afraid of. My beef fillet would have been incredible rather than just satisfactory if more of the divine sauce was on the plate. Too scared to ask for more in case the chef's professional integrity was compromised. Would just like to know when, where and how a 'smear' became a sauce?! Our waitress was brilliant.

auschi reviewed Manta, Woolloomooloo

Restaurants, Seafood, Steak House, Family Dining, Fine Dining

Overall 7  127

A couple of weeks ago we joined friends for a table for four at Manta. It was a reasonably busy night. Service was very slow due to possibly staffing and being very busy. Our waiter was very good. Our total cost was $650.00. We had a bottle of expensive french champagne and a couple of glasses of red. We had five entrees and three main courses. We had four desserts. One of the dishes was the trout which was virtually inedible. The servings were very small. The presentation was poor. Some of the food was very good - i.e. the scallops entree and the main of the eye fillet was good as well. The lemon meringue dessert was so small that it fitted in one spoonful for a cost of $17! All in all a disappointment and terrible value for money. There are far better choices of restaurants almost anywhere in Sydney. It is a shame because the location is wonderful. We will not return.

Kermadec reviewed La Beirut, Killara

Restaurants, Lebanese, Family Dining, Air Conditioning, Buffet

Overall 10  1

Great, authentic food. Quick and friendly service. Great value for money. This one is going to be one of my regulars :)

Jeric V. reviewed Bravo Trattoria, Crows Nest

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Vegetarian

Overall 7.2  101

This is my favourite italian restaurant. Best woodfired pizza, very accommodating and friendly staff.

Mobile Review Nov 21, 2014

Rachie122 reviewed Mojo's Tapas Bar, Bondi Beach

Restaurants, Spanish, Tapas, Licensed, Outdoor Dining

Overall 7.5  99

Love this place. So much choice, the menu is about 9 pages long. The specials never disappoint. The fried chicken and beef ribs were delish! Sangria is yummy too!

margaretAT46 reviewed Popolo Sydney, Rushcutters Bay

Restaurants, Italian, Has Bar, Licensed, Serves Breakfast

Overall 7.3  35

Our A Table for Six members in the 30-40 age group dined here on Saturday evening. They all stayed chatting until midnight so that was a very good sign. Their feedback on Popolo was excellent. They all raved about the service, the food and the atmosphere. They were very accommodating as I had made an error in the bookings for that night (a bad slip up on my part). And they found a table and made our members feel very welcome. I can't thank them enough.

Here is feedback from one of our members on the evening:

I would rate a scale of 9 out of 10 for the restaurant with the food being delicious and the service was fantastic. I would rate a scale of 9 out of 10 with the dining experience with everyone at the table warm and friendly.

TastingtheWorld reviewed Manta, Woolloomooloo

Restaurants, Seafood, Steak House, Family Dining, Fine Dining

Overall 7  127

My friend and I went to this restaurant on a breezy wednesday evening as part of a last minute decision. And we do no regret our spontaneity. From the moment we sat down, the service we were greeted with was warm and welcoming, and our waiter, Miro (I hope I got this right) was very accommodating.

The menu was interesting without being too overwhelmingly complicated. We could not quite decide what we wanted, because we wanted to try a lot of the items in it. So in the end we ordered a tasting menu for two, which ended up to be a good value for what we get.

We started of with freshly shucked oysters from three different regions. I, admittedly, was never a big fan of oysters. But boy, those oysters rock! Coupled with apple and spring onion sauce, I can now say I appreciate and like them. The pumpkin arancini that came after was light and crispy, and the heirloom tomato and mozarella salad was fresh and tasty.

But wait! here came the seared scallops with pork cheek raviolo. That scallop was to die for. If only they could serve scallop like that but in a much much bigger portion (Not quite fine dining, but who cares!). For main, we had whole grilled king prawns and eye fillet that were succulent and tender. And we completed our dinner with coconut macarons and banana cream mini pastries for dessert.

The wines we had were excellent, and the fact, that the restaurant was by the water made the whole experience wonderful. The only downside, however, at dinner time when the row of restaurants, including Manta, got busy, it could get very, very noisy. Otherwise, highly recommend it.

mickM reviewed La Giara, Leichhardt

Restaurants, Italian, BYO, Citibank Dining Program, Licensed

Overall 4.1  39

As a group of 4 or 6 we've been several times to the forum and in this restaurant. Sometimes just for pizzas and occasionally for more serious eating. We always enjoyed this little place with friendly people and with a nice ambience. But last week, as usual after a movie, we decided to order their Sea Food Platter for 2 @ $59. Being 3 couple we ordered 3. The wait was quite long, apparently they were quite busy and we were told "platters" are a lot of work. Finally they arrived, and it was well worth the wait. We all found it excellent and plentiful. It also included a bowl of chips and another of salad. As one us commented it's so nice to see the chips separated from the plater as they don't go all soggy. Well done and thank you "La Giara" Mille Gracias!

Restaurants, Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Family Dining

Overall 7.9  48

Hit or miss sums up Luigi's but tonight was a massive miss.

After disappointingly noticing Oysters were off the menu due to cost cutting we decided on skipping entree except for some pretty ordinary garlic bread and garlic cheese pizza and I ordered the Beef Medallions which had sold out.

This was the second time out of 4 that I had been here that the meal I had ordered was unavailable. Under pressure to order I foolishly ordered the seafood platter for 1.

What I received for $46 was a pile of cheap BBQ seafood piled on top of the worst tasting chips I have ever eaten. I say hit and miss because on two of the three previous occasions I have been here I couldn't rate the place highly enough.

Perhaps the owner should go more for quality rather than quantity but having said that the place was very full even on a Wednesday so he doesn't need my advice. Good luck if you attend - if you order with any ambition at all it's heads or tails whether you enjoy or not.

PS we to on one previous occasion like another reviewer here was given a table in a very inappropriate spot and we too walked out also.

gourmetsinner reviewed Vini, Surry Hills

Restaurants, Italian, Mediterranean, Family Dining, Child Friendly

Overall 7.6  110

Classic and Inventive Italian food. I dined here on Saturday night for the first time and always love the idea of no menus. Knowing this place was the sister restaurant to Berta, I knew what to expect in terms of the changing menus written on the walls and the great selection of Italian wines. The proscuitto was amazing (almost as good as Spanish black pig) and the waiter explained how someone associated with the restaurant had raised and also smoked the pigs from start to finish themselves. The pasta was also delicious, goat lasagne and a broad bean ravioli with prawns, cauliflower and raddichio was an interesting combination which still had me thinking about it the next day. The espresso caramel panna cotta is a must for dessert. Service was also excellent. I would recommend this place if you are in a loud and talkative mood, although maybe not ideal for a date as we felt like we were dining with the couple next to us on the next (extremely close) table.

Cherry123 reviewed Rocks Teppanyaki, The, The Rocks

Restaurants, Japanese, Good For Groups, Hip and Trendy, Private Room

Overall 5.9  49

Awful food. - Oily food. Not good meat quality. Amazingly soggy fried rice with too much garlic. Unbelievable. No entertainment - Just firing hotplate. No impressive knife work. Just sauteing bean sprout and spinach... Did I really pay the amount for this 11 course? No value for money with heartless service.

Maree K. reviewed Pie Tin, The, Newtown

Cafes, Takeaways, Bakeries, Pie, Wheelchair Access

Overall 7  26

Love this place there's nothing else like it. Generous portions, affordable, quick service, great variety and friendly staff. Tried all the sweet pies. Oreo, tim tam, brownie and peanut butter are my favourites.

Mobile Review Nov 19, 2014

natanitteb reviewed Quay, The Rocks

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Vegetarian, Fine Dining, Citibank Dining Program

Overall 8.2  319

Bring cash with you on the day! While the food, service and views are quite spectacular it comes with a premium. When we got our bill they will charge you a credit card fee which is around $7 for a tasting menu for two people. That is a fee that is substantial and not necessary.

Nov 18, 2014

schellack reviewed Pei Modern, Sydney CBD

Restaurants, Modern Australian, Family Dining, Good for Business Dining, Good For Groups

Overall 7.7  2

Thoroughly impressed by Pei Modern. I loved all the food. Some standout dishes worth a mention:

- Surf clams with smoked butter and fermented corn. Save some bread to mop up the amazingly flavourful sauce!
- Lamb shoulder in chamomile. The serving is huge. Not to everybody's taste, as some found the chamomile a bit too much. Also beware the meat is not supposed to be "pull apart tender" but is "carve tender". I enjoyed it this way but some preferred "fall apart" style.
- Salt cod croquettes. I just came back from Brazil where bolinha de bacalhau are religion but these trump any I had over there. Superb.
- Salmon tail. Beautifully cooked with a just-cooked rosy blush inside. I love samphire too so this was a treat.

Service was excellent. Our waitress was highly attentive, friendly and provided excellent recommendations with the ordering. If I'd caught her name I'd give her a special mention.

This is a "foodie" restaurant. I'd recommend against taking any fussy, conservative eaters here. There are some pretty bold ideas and unusual ingredients on the plate that they will struggle with. On the other hand if you're an open-minded eater who appreciates Michelin star-worthy cooking, this place is for you.

Holmbrae chicken with yams and saltbush Salmon tail with samphire and rouille Surf clams with smoked butter and fermented corn Sorrel sorbet and honeycomb Duck egg sauternes custard Whole lamb shoulder in chamomile

Nov 18, 2014

schellack schellack
'So ... full ... can't ... breathe'

thesydneynoob reviewed Hoochi Mamma Cafe, Newtown

Cafes, Burger, European, Italian, Good For Groups

Overall 7.3  19

Average food, slightly overpriced. That premium is for your own table and space and is definitely a foodie-destination. The speed of food could be improved. Not going back in a hurry.

@thesydneynoob

blogRead the full review on my blog

Nov 17, 2014