Yukis At The Quay

Water View

Add a Review for Yukis At The Quay

User Reviews of Yukis At The Quay, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Unfortunately I booked a table Saturday night at Yuki's for my friends birthday, the restaurant is small and the decor dated.

We were seated at the service entrance to the kitchen and therefore it was noisy and chaotic. The staff appeared to be inexperienced, meals were dropped and drinks were spilled.

I had high expectations for Yuki's given its quay side location and high cost of the menu items but was completely underwhelmed. I certainly wont be returning or recommending Yuki's.

May 26, 2013

Had a dinner (special chef course) with my wife last Monday to celebrate her birthday. All the food were fresh and delicious. We love the white fish caluppcio with citrus vinegar, big portion of half Lobster with tartar sauce and stunning birthday version of homemade dessert.

The service was excellent, and we had a great evening enjoying the view. The only thing was the place is quite small. I recommend this restaurant, quite expensive but it's worth it to spend private evening and quality time with your partner.

Dec 21, 2012

Food  2      Ambience  2      Service  2

Wow what a let down! saw this place on sydney wknd so wanted to try. being a sushi chef I looked at reviews also it appeared to be authentic. Yes the sushi sashimi was great! very very good sushi sashimi not worth the cost!

Made booking over the phone I asked at least 5 times (do you have a high chair?) I am booking for two adults one baby (pm) early in case our bub was out of sorts) not wanting to annoy other diners. Then I got a confirmation call at almost 9pm the night before (bit late in my eyes) I again ensured a baby chair yes I was told. Well turned up! guess what? no baby chair. After 20 minutes waiting still no table water offered, the restaurant was so hot no air con on! o I finally had chance to order a drink and requested table water too.

Hey 20 min later out comes drinks still no table water, out came food we had ordered. Beef carpaccio (terrible) thick only flavour was oil! salmon salad good but that price for few leaves 6 slice salmon and what tasted like bottled dressing? hmm sashimi assorted (salmon belly way too chewy not enough scoring) the cuts I expected better for cost! but decoration very amazing! (japanese authentic) sushi well at last some thing good to eat! (well done here) I can understand poor service (although polite friendly) if the place is busy but there was only us and another table of Two! also be ready to eat in a rush once the food came it was like a race to get in on the table.

I don't recommend this place for anything but sushi (but take your wallet) sorry but doubt I go back.

Nov 19, 2012

My family went to Yuki's to celebrate my Dad's birthday and everything was perfect. The food was fresh and well presented, the wait staff were friendly and attentive. Thank you to the Yuki's team for an enjoyable night out.

Nov 03, 2012

This place was fantastic! Beautiful fresh food, great views of circular quay and opera house, friendly and efficient service for a great night under $200 for two with a top bottle of wine. Quite impressed. Appears to be a favourite with Japanese tourists, but little known to Sydneysiders. We'll be back.

Sep 09, 2012

Situated at the Overseas Passengers Terminal, Yuki's has fantastic view of the opera house and the water.

I was too lazy to find the elevators, so we walked up 2 flights of stairs to get to Yuki's, don't do this when you're eating with your aging mother, take the elevator. Upon entering, we were greeted by a lovely japanese waitress who took us to our table, the restaurant was fairly empty, with only one other table occupied in the entire restaurant.

We opted for the $29 lunch special with an entree, 7 pieces of sushi + 4 rolls, and dessert. The entree was a deep fried salmon with a citrus vinaigrette served cold, that was decent. Shortly after, the waitress came carrying our miso soup and a big square japanese plate filled with our sushi.

The rolls were average, they were a simple salmon and cucumber rolls, but the nigiri was absolutely outstanding, the fish was so fresh and I just didn't want to finish my last nigiri. Although I have to note that they are a bit heavy handed with the wasabi, beware, or maybe I'm just weak.

Dessert was a Blancmange with whipped cream and a few fruits, this was actually surprisingly tasty. I do have to also point out that the drinks are quite pricey, though I guess you come to expect that dining at the quay. A soft drink was $5.50, and an iced green tea (we're talking about powdered green tea in water with ice) was $4.50.

When it came to asking for the bill, it took a substantial amount of effort to get the attention of the waitresses, one was too busy tending to another table, and one was fiddling with the computer at the counter, it got a little frustrating after a while.

All in all, a good experience. If you want a quick lunch with amazingly fresh sushi, hit up Yuki's.

I am keen to try their other special courses, $65 harbour course, I'm looking at you. Their roast duck looks delicious too!

Aug 23, 2012

Take the elevator to the top floor of the Overseas Passenger terminal in Circular Quay and you will find a little Japanese restaurant with fabulous views of the Opera house.

I decided that this would be a great place to try considering the consistently good reviews. I'm glad we did.

Mama E and I were greeted with the very friendly staff and quickly taken to our reserved table of two. Seated next to the mirrored walls, we took in the view of the Opera House. The restaurant is lovely and quiet thanks to the carpeted floors. It would be perfect for those couple who would like to just get out there for a quiet romantic night.

As mentioned in a previous review, the toilet is located behind a hidden door, only found out that it was right behind me halfway through dinner. As we have not tried this restaurant before, we opted for the $65 Harbour Course. The course started with an Assorted Japanese Antipasto plate, more a tasting plate of what they had to offer, this had a Pacific Natural Oyster with eschallot and citrus-pepper vinaigrette, deep fried salmon and white fish in Japanese sweetened vinegar dressing and wagyu beef tataki served with thinly sliced radish and carrot. All good.

The deep fried salmon and white fish, however, were cold. Different, but do believe that this was supposed to be the case. This was followed by a plate of fresh sashimi sliced thickly and presented on a bed of ice. Nothing can go wrong with fresh sashimi. However, in saying that, the tuna looked like it may have been swimming in a little water as it looked a little pale. Other than that it was perfect.

The steamed egg custard with crab sauce was quite a tasty and comforting dish. We loved this silken tofu like egg custard so much that we swore to return to the restaurant just to eat a bowlful of it!

The pan fried rolled asparagus with wagyu beef and sesame garlic sauce as well as the grilled miso marinated cod were both lovely. The Wagyu beef came on a small bed of mash potato. The smooth buttery mash went so well with the Wagyu sweet sticky sesame garlic sauce. The cod had soaked up the sweetness of the miso..tasty.

We ordered the chicken teriyaki and seasonal veg as our main as well as the assorted tempura. The teriyaki came on a bed of the same buttery mash potato. Cooked perfectly and served with vegetables. Nothing fancy, just consistent with all the values of a good teriyaki. The assorted tempura I would have to say is probably one of the better ones that I have eaten.

The chef had taken what I believe to be soba noodles and deep fried for a garnish. Lovely touch to the dish. An oyster tempura was also part of the dish, this I didn’t expect. Delicious with the fish broth dipping sauce. The meal was finished off with a homemade crème brulee beautifully presented alongside a thinly sliced radish wrapped around a tea candle served with a small fruit salad and a tad of whipped cream.

Service throughout the whole period was great. Timing between courses went quite smoothly. All in all we were pleasantly surprised. We paid about $75 each. This included a softdrink, glass of wine and some green tea. The staff are lovely and accommodating. Can’t go wrong with this restaurant and with a view like that, I’ve promised the manager to take my family over, the tastes are already on my mind.

Jul 30, 2012

We had lunch at the amazing place today. 4 courses for $35 is a real win for this spectacular place and great views. The staff are all lovely and really nice from the moment you walk in. White linen gives it that crisp clean sopshisticates look. And the Food? ... Well let's just say its hard to get my boyfriend to eat sashimi but he ate every piece of it and you can taste how fresh everything is.

The soft shell crab salad is a must have. Presentation is remarkable! I would definitely be back! Love this jap restaurant! Great job guys! Keep it up!

May 08, 2012

The reason we dine at any Japanese restaurant is for the sushi. We've tried several places around, some which we considered quite good. Then we decided to give Yuki's a go, simply for the great view from the tables.

Well, the view was fantastic, but the meal even more so. It appears that there is a sushi chef, possibly the owner, who knows what he is doing. But not only the sushi, the entrée we had was simple yet enjoyable with three different things in one dish.

The service was fine, due to the low number of tables which allowed the floor staff to adequately deal with each table. And the price was very reasonable, comparable with many Japanese places around Sydney.

Currently when we have something to celebrate we go to this place.

P.S. The W.C. is behind a hidden door.

May 03, 2012

Excellent Japanese food and service. Views of city and harbour.

Sep 29, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Yukis california roll Yukis california roll Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay Yukis At The Quay « 1 of 10 photos »