Yiamas Greek Taverna

Corkage Per Person $2.00

Add a Review for Yiamas Greek Taverna

User Reviews of Yiamas Greek Taverna, St Peters

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

We love this place! Best Greek food in Sydney. The staff are welcoming and attentive.

May 13, 2012

I have only recently been introduced to this restaurant and I have been back once a week ever since.

It is such a treat as the food in simply the best Greek food I have ever come across in Sydney. I am Greek and never really attend Greek restaurants as I know my family can always do a better job at the food. Not in this case. Every time I have been it has been with my family so usually around 10 adults, we never order mains only a variety of entrees to all share. We can never finish the food!

The serving size is extraordinary and the flavour is like nothing else. The pita bread and Greek dips as well as the saganaki plate and haloumi is to die for. We also love the fried zucchini and meat platter. Simply delicious! I think the decor could be better and needs to feel warmer and more like a taverna but hey as soon as your food comes trust me you won't be looking around you.

Apr 10, 2012

Love this place! Visiting Yiamas for the first time a few weeks ago I have been back every week since then, tried out there Wednesday night Tavern night and we had a ball, great value, and awesome atmosphere with loads of tasty food, so much we couldn't finish it and doggy bagged it for lunch the next day! not to mention the entertainment were also great! Place to be if you want to taste authentic food and get a feel of greece! Great work Yiamas.

Mar 15, 2012

Being a regular at Yiamas both dining in and taking away I have never left the place disappointed everything I have tried is perfect, and cooked to perfection with very large portions! Everyone has a bad day and being a restaurant with such high demand its expected for them to run out I'd rather that than to have meat reheated and served to you the next day like most greek restaurants in Sydney. Yiamas keep up your great work and I'll still come in as a regular! Place you feel at home and staff are great.

Mar 14, 2012

Great staff and service, generous platters. A pity the meat is so overcooked. We won't be back.

Feb 05, 2012

I seriously don't understand the positive reviews here. The dips were lovely and the service was good, but everyone on our table found their mains overcooked/tough to the point of being inedible, and thus extremely overpriced. $23 for charred octopus with no marinade or flavour and a side salad? I ended up leaving most of the meal.

The service was very nice and I would love to give this a positive review, but honestly, I would never have wasted my cash on this place had I realised how poor the food was.

Nov 17, 2011

Very good food and well cooked. Excellent service. There could be a little more variety with the desserts. Live music nice but getting too loud towards the end, it's a restaurant, not a night club. Lucky we were not sitting near the band. Finally, the cups of tea are too small and they only filled the cup halfway. Come-on guys, it's only water.

Sep 29, 2011

Not sure why the last two reviewers had such a poor experience, but when my wife and I went last night we enjoyed a good meal. The portions were generous; so generous we took the leftovers home and they fed our whole family for lunch the next day. And we'd only ordered the pita bread and dip, platter for two, and a salad (which featured a massive block of fetta on top). Some of the meat was a tad overcooked, but not all. The roast lamb offcuts were tender inside, and deliciously charred. The service was fantastic.

Aug 07, 2011

I really tried to like Yiamas, the part time kitchen staff promised several times to 'fix it' when we went in (on 4 occasions). The 2nd time we went in they ran out of Lamb, despite booking in for 7:30 pm on a Friday. I've taken my friends here and promised them a great Greek night out but sadly I was disappointed and embarrassed that I had let them down. Their comment still rings through my ears at the 3rd time I promised them again that Yiamas would be great greek feast.. they said 'I'm still hungry, anyone fancy a stop at the Yeeros shop on the way home?'

This is the first Greek restaurant I've left hungry from despite ordering the 'platter for 5' and additional calamari. (it was more like a platter for 3 at any other restaurant). What sort of Greek Restaurant runs out of Spit Roast Lamb on a Friday night? I mean really? I know it's Greek but please get some proper wine glasses. 4 strikes and you're out Yiamas, I'll be trying Parea tonight.

I have to agree with the other reviewer on here, they don't make their own dips (I'd put money on it being Black Swan from Woolies) and the grilled Souvlaki was tough and overcooked. (Oh, we were given a free Souvlaki when they ran out of Lamb on the spit, and told the proprietor we felt hard done by with the amount of food on a $100 platter for 5. Seriously, take a walk up king st and visit somewhere else.

Jul 24, 2011

Having read good reviews of this taverna, I was so disappointed by it that I could have sailed away without looking back. The meze platter that was served on a cheap tin plate was the worst it has ever been my misfortune to come across, the pies were soggy, lukewarm and tasteless, the dips were bland and uninspiring and the dolmades not as good as those that I. Have had from a can.

The main course souvlaki was tough as old boots and the salad tired and dispirited. The venue was like a car park and the service was poor. We paid well over the odds for what was cheap tat. I was truly appalled. I will definitely put the word about that this place is to be avoided at all costs.

Jun 10, 2011