Yiamas Greek Taverna

Corkage Per Person $2.00

Add a Review for Yiamas Greek Taverna

User Reviews of Yiamas Greek Taverna, St Peters

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

A group of us have a monthly Around The World in 80 Dinners and for July we had been recommended that we try Yiamas Greek Taverna. The recommendation was well worth it.

We had originally planned for 20 but that got reduced during the day to 14. Upon arrival I had to advise that we had had a late booking so had to increase by 2. Not a problem for them. That staff were friendly and accommodating. You certainly did not feel like a customer. Even after we had all been seated another person arrived. Yet again the staff were accommodating.

We had pre-arranged the menu and it was plentiful and tasty. The mixed meat platter was succulent and tasty. The atmosphere and ambiance was brilliant. Yiamas is definitely a place I would recommend and will be going back to.

Jul 10, 2014

For that authentic Greek experience, Yiamas is the place to go. The noise, the hustle and bustle, the male outnumbering the female waiters 4 to 1, the chequered table cloths and the bazouki blaring away. We experienced the same atmosphere on a recent holiday in Greece.

I have mixed feelings about the food. For entrées, I had the grilled octopus while my partner had the prawn saganaki @ $18- each. The octopus was crispy on the outside, tender in the middle. But it lacked flavour. The saganaki was the stand-out, the sauce light with citrus overtones, not like the usual napolitana sauce overloaded with cheese.

For mains we shared a lamb souvlaki plate @ $26-. The lamb was overcooked, gristly and a chore to chew. The chips soggy, the salad miserable but the tzaziki was brilliant. Food quality is not the objective at Yiamas evidenced by the wasted mountains of meat left on plates as tables were being cleared. But for 2 hours, I was back in Greece.

May 10, 2014

Salt salt and more salt, complement the fat. Mousaka with chips? Like a Greek Hog's Breath. When will we learn in Sydney that restaurants can't give us overpriced slop?

May 08, 2014

We love this place! Best Greek food in Sydney. The staff are welcoming and attentive.

May 13, 2012

I have only recently been introduced to this restaurant and I have been back once a week ever since.

It is such a treat as the food in simply the best Greek food I have ever come across in Sydney. I am Greek and never really attend Greek restaurants as I know my family can always do a better job at the food. Not in this case. Every time I have been it has been with my family so usually around 10 adults, we never order mains only a variety of entrees to all share. We can never finish the food!

The serving size is extraordinary and the flavour is like nothing else. The pita bread and Greek dips as well as the saganaki plate and haloumi is to die for. We also love the fried zucchini and meat platter. Simply delicious! I think the decor could be better and needs to feel warmer and more like a taverna but hey as soon as your food comes trust me you won't be looking around you.

Apr 10, 2012

Love this place! Visiting Yiamas for the first time a few weeks ago I have been back every week since then, tried out there Wednesday night Tavern night and we had a ball, great value, and awesome atmosphere with loads of tasty food, so much we couldn't finish it and doggy bagged it for lunch the next day! not to mention the entertainment were also great! Place to be if you want to taste authentic food and get a feel of greece! Great work Yiamas.

Mar 15, 2012

Being a regular at Yiamas both dining in and taking away I have never left the place disappointed everything I have tried is perfect, and cooked to perfection with very large portions! Everyone has a bad day and being a restaurant with such high demand its expected for them to run out I'd rather that than to have meat reheated and served to you the next day like most greek restaurants in Sydney. Yiamas keep up your great work and I'll still come in as a regular! Place you feel at home and staff are great.

Mar 14, 2012

Great staff and service, generous platters. A pity the meat is so overcooked. We won't be back.

Feb 05, 2012

I seriously don't understand the positive reviews here. The dips were lovely and the service was good, but everyone on our table found their mains overcooked/tough to the point of being inedible, and thus extremely overpriced. $23 for charred octopus with no marinade or flavour and a side salad? I ended up leaving most of the meal.

The service was very nice and I would love to give this a positive review, but honestly, I would never have wasted my cash on this place had I realised how poor the food was.

Nov 17, 2011

Very good food and well cooked. Excellent service. There could be a little more variety with the desserts. Live music nice but getting too loud towards the end, it's a restaurant, not a night club. Lucky we were not sitting near the band. Finally, the cups of tea are too small and they only filled the cup halfway. Come-on guys, it's only water.

Sep 29, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals