Warrimoo Wood Fired Pizza

Pizza

Add a Review for Warrimoo Wood Fired Pizza

User Reviews of Warrimoo Wood Fired Pizza, St Ives

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Everything was so-so, nothing on the menu seemed to stand out so I left a friend to order for the both of us. I believe we had a seafood pizza (with smoked salmon), another pizza with steak and a garden salad. It was just your average, slightly marked up, gourmet wood fired pizza. The salad dressing was quite acidic, with an almost metallic taste at the end, it was actually burning my mouth towards the end of the meal. I would probably take away next time, and avoid the salad.

Jun 13, 2013

Great pizza with fresh toppings that don't give you the greasy feeling of mainstream pizza.

Oct 24, 2012

I love this place and I'm definitely going back. The service was great, all the wait staff were nice and lively. The Toolang pizza could be one of the best I ever had, and the roast pumpkin fussilli was also a delight - both dishes bursting with flavor! The place was like a little gem hidden in St Ives.

Oct 08, 2011

I expected a slightly bigger and fancier establishment based on some previous reviews but its really a fairly small place and with bare tabletops and paper napkins not very fancy, but their menu is very interesting and varied. I fear we chose badly because whilst the pizzas themselves were fine they just didn't roar. I had a Richmond with bacon, chicken, onion, pineapple and jalapenos.

It came loaded with good topping, if anything too much so. I think we've learnt over the years that a few quality ingredients is often better than a ton of them, so nothing wrong with the quality but maybe a bit too much quantity. And definitely too much chicken. Every now and then I try a chicken pizza only to remember why I don't get them often. I just don't believe chicken meat is conducive to pizzas. It gets too dry. Maybe thigh meat would work but everyone uses breast. My wife chose a vegie pizza with some really nice vegies on board but with no tomato base it was too dry.

I will get back there some day to try some other ones. The steak and chips pizza sounds interesting. The bases are thin and firm and I think if I choose better next time I might find them to be really good.

Jul 29, 2011

'Dining out again'

The food here is fantastic and great value, you have to try the steaks. It was unfortunate that we had to dine with spoilt little St Ives bratz. The management did their best in keeping these kids quite and requested on a number of occasions for them to consider others (the waitresses are not child care works), while the whole time the parents (if you could call them that) sat there and did nothing like it was normal. But don’t let the comments below deter you from dining in otherwise you miss out on the tasty food on offer.

Mar 12, 2010

Although the menu looked good, the pizzas were not satisfying at all and it was not a clean place as the tables were not wiped down before we sat. Thank goodness there is a new delicious pizza place on Monavale road St. Ives, definitely will be a regular there.

Feb 02, 2010

Not sure where some of these earlier reviews are coming from but find that they are unneccessarily harsh in their reviews. Have been going there for at least 6 years and have taken a number of friends with me who all have loved the place and are regulars over there. Yes, there is a bit of a wait (normally 30 minutes) but then this is not pizza from a quick express shop but properly wood fired pizzas.

The service is fine but the pizzas are just terrific. Will recommend it to anyone who wants to relax, are not overly fussy that the food has to be on the table within 10 minutes of arrival and understand that this is a family restaurant/pizza joint. If that is not ok, then there are other more fancier options but you will miss out on the best pizzas in Sydney.

Dec 29, 2009

We used to go here all the time and after an absence, returned here for dinner with the family. Just because I have children doesn't mean I expect them to be able to "run amok", in fact they are expected to behave, mind their manners and keep noise to a minimum, however, regardless the attitude and atmosphere is family unfriendly (odd at a pizza place) and not much more friendly to adult dinners. My children have eaten at 5 star establishments in the city that are more family friendly!

Sep 25, 2009

The food is good, really long waiting times for pizzas, I went with friends and we waited over 1 hr and a half, wanted to split the bill, they weren't prepared to give us change and with all of us only having $50 bills paying was a huge problem, they wouldn't swap notes or be of any help, there was nowhere to exchange our bills and we ended up having to owe each other money.

Terrible staff, they were rude and when we were ordering rudely pushed past us to get to the kitchen. They really aren't kid friendly, being a family restaurant they should be! They are quite obnoxious towards their customers and very unhelpful or willing to compensate for any problems you have had with the meal.

Apr 16, 2009

We dined there 2 weeks ago, with some friends from overseas. We have had takeaway pizza from here before and it's great. Having read the earlier reviews, where children were expected to behave, we thought it may be a nice place to dine-in. The service was excellent, as were the pizzas. However, the management did nothing about the children who seemed to think it was a McDonalds playground, running around and screaming.

Neither did the parents. even after a few "loud comments" from other diners. I mentioned it to the waitress when I paid the bill, but she didn't really seem to care. Then, to top it off, they tried to overcharge me for the corkage. Definitely great pizza, but I can't recommend dining-in.

Apr 02, 2009

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals