Ventuno

Outdoor Dining

Add a Review for Ventuno

User Reviews of Ventuno, Millers Point

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Cannot recommend this restaurant enough. When I booked I mentioned it was a celebratory dinner so if I could have a nice table that would be fantastic. Not only did we get a nice table we got two glasses of complimentary sparkling on arrival. How nice! The food was amazing! We had a tiny tiny issue one of the pasta dishes that was not only rectified promptly but they took that item off the bill. Completely unnecessary but very appreciated. Lovely evening. Lovely food. Great staff. Beautiful venue. Thank you Ventuno!

Mar 18, 2013

We recently chose Ventuno to host a large party of 60 people in its bar area. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough. They have warm and attentive service, delicious food, cocktails and wine. It's extremely good value and a unique venue. The meals were a standout--mega cicciona antipasti boards, pasta, pizzas (with gluten free options) and desserts. And the great wine list and bellinis went down a treat.

Our guests had a wonderful, memorable night and we can't thank Ventuno enough for hosting our special occasion. I would highly recommend this place for anyone looking for an intimate function venue with delicious food, wine and atmosphere.

Mar 05, 2013

I booked a party of 12 friends at Ventuno Restaurant in Walsh Bay and I can't fault the fantastic service and food. When I rang to make the booking, the head was very helpful and was able to accommodate any particular dietary request without any issue. We ordered the $50.00 banquet option and it was incredibly generous and delicious.

When we arrived they had reserved a lounge area for us outside overlooking the water and had set up for us to eat inside. But when I asked if we be moved outside because it was such a lovely evening, they didn't hesitate and reorganised it. The staff were mostly all Italian and charming. The location was wonderful on the Harbour and still feels like a best kept secret. I would wholeheartedly recommend Ventuno to anyone but in particular for groups--it has all the charm of a traditional Italian family traverna but with glam of a modern Australian restaurant and a knockout location.

Mar 03, 2013

Great location, ordinary pizza when compared to places like Lucio's Pizza in Surry Hills. The service is decent but too expensive for food that you would find anywhere else.

Jan 07, 2013

Great pizza and pretty good pasta, but tinned peaches posing as poached peaches for dessert really doesn't cut it.

Jan 05, 2013

Was there last night and the restaurant was packed. Our calamari entree was Ok, not particularly mind-blowing. Shell pasta was delicious, the cream wasn't overwhelming and the mushrooms were very fresh. The La Ricca pizza was very good and the wine list was reasonably priced. We had a good time.

Nov 22, 2012

Monday night. 2 adults, 3 kids. No desserts, 3 glasses of wine all up. Bill over $500. Spaghetti with seafood: 1 prawn, 3 cold mussels tasting of fridge, cherry tomatoes tasting of bin juice. You'd reckon an Italian restaurant would get the tomatoes right. Half the food was left uneaten, but god bless the waiter, he didn't notice. Location is one of my Sydney favourites, but lately the food has been a shocker.

Oct 13, 2012

It was the boss’ shout at a work dinner with overseas guests and he took us to Ventuno Pizzeria Birreria Enoteca at Walsh Bay. The dining room may be a bit too dark for business.

We ordered plenty of anti-pasti to start with and I particularly enjoyed the mozzarella with tomato. For main course I had the fazzoletti pasta (or the ‘handkerchief’ – think extra-large size ravioli) with a sausage and pumpkin filling and burnt butter sauce. The sweetness of the pumpkin worked very well with the sausage. Despite the generous serving I polished the 3 handkerchiefs in no time.

@bitesizereviews

blogRead more on my blog

Oct 11, 2012

3 of us Dined for lunch there on Saturday and have to say that the View was spectacular overlooking the water. Unfortunately, that was the only good thing about Ventuna.

The service was very slow and the restaurant wasn't even half full. If you do go expect to pour your own wine and you will need to wave down a staff member anytime you want to order the food or order wine. Our waiter didn't tell us about the specials, so when I asked him what the lady was having in the next table he said 'it's fish of the day' but had no idea what fish it is. The specials aren't on the menu and not advised.

The food was very plain and oily. All 3 meals were tasteless. My partners pasta was so oily he could only eat a quarter of it. When the plates were removed the waiter didn't even ask how were the meals. They just don't care.

I wouldn't waste my money or time dining here again.

Aug 26, 2012

The good to very good pizza wasn't quite enough to make up for the appallingly bad service I've received both times I've been to Ventuno. The first time was post theatre (around 9:30pm) when four of us wanted a glass of wine, coffee and desert.

After a being ignored at the entrance for 10 minutes, we were finally seated. Another eternity and a rude waiter took our order. He looked at us in utter contempt when we said we'd already eaten earlier and wanted a leisurely supper, saying he'd have to check with his senior staff if that would be okay. The senior staff gave us equally contemptuous looks, but bestowed upon us the privilege of staying.

Second visit a few days ago was a repeat of Ventuno's horrid service. Ignored for 10 minutes at the entrance. Finally someone acknowledged us only to say that my booking for 5 had magically turned into a table for two. Again senior staff was summoned.

Some 10 minutes later after the senior staff insisted on making sure it wasn't actually My fault that they'd ruined up the booking (Apology? Round of drinks on the house? Professionalism? Nil) we were sent to a sofa out in the cold until a table was ready. 15 minutes later drink order taken with the question "what table are you at?" Response: huh? Eventually a table was found for us where we waited an age again until someone could take our order, over an hour after we first walked into the restaurant.

Food actually came out quickly and to be fair, it was good. The last straw was the old refrain of "sorry but there's a surcharge if you really must pay with Amex". Better Pizza of this style and better service can be had up somewhere else for the same price or less and without a serving of Basil Fawlty.

Jun 10, 2012