Uccello

2012

SMH Good Food Guide 2012 - One Chef's Hat

more…

Overview of Uccello

Uccello welcomes new head chef David Lovett who brings with him a passion for fresh produce and authentic Italian techniques, after many years living in his adopted homeland.

Uccello’s crisp, homey yet contemporary ambiance brings to mind beautiful shared dining memories with loved ones. Uccello's overall theme of freshness and simplicity consistently trickles in the manner they cook and serve rustic Italian food.

Lunch and dinner at Uccello offers mouth-watering dishes of regional Italian food such as generous antipasti platters and hearty polenta dishes, all perfect for sharing.

Uccello sits within the ivy complex, adjacent to the complex’s rooftop pool, giving guests the perfect setting for a special meal.

Add a Review for Uccello

User Reviews of Uccello, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

I have been to Uccello a few times - both for lunch and dinner. The atmosphere is always excellent and the new menu is really good and well priced.

I would definitely recommend Uccello for groups, especially at weekends when you get the added bonus of people watching at Pool Club!

Jul 16, 2013

I recently dined here for dinner and loved every aspect of it. We were entertaining guests from the UK and they were very impressed. The service was so friendly and attentive. Entree I had grilled prawns which were so tasty and main course I had scotch fillet 250gm which I am going to say was the best steak I have had in ages, so tender and cooked perfectly. My husband had 12hr cooked lamb pasta and lasagne which he enjoyed too. All in all I would recommend dining here.

Mobile Review Jul 16, 2013

Don't believe the hype, beautiful decor, very average food!

Jul 02, 2013

I went to uccello for the first time last night and was blown away by the experience. The service was lovely and friendly and I was treated like a regular.

I started with some focaccia which is baked fresh daily, grilled prawns and fresh vegetables served with an anchovy dip. The dip was so addictive and silky, I could have had two bowls.

We followed with a number of mains to share so we could try a little of everything. The polenta with fungi was smooth and very warming but the surprise dish of the night was the tripe. I had my doubts about something that is effectively stomach lining but it was served with a beautiful tomato based sauce and very tender. It's quite a popular dish in Italy I was told and definitely something I will order again.

I also loved the roast carrots with shaved ricotta salata, a simple dish that I could probably make at home but beautifully executed. Ben the sommelier matched our food to a lovely Italian wine, I didn't recognise the grape but it was nice to try something out of the ordinary.

All the desserts sounded gorgeous so we ordered two and the stand out was definitely the torta di Verona. It looked unassuming but was the perfect combination of amaretto soaked cake, marscapone and berries. And Ben matched it to a lovely dessert wine, again from Italy.

Now that I've discovered uccello I will be going back. It's not a cheap restaurant but considering you're sitting next to a rooftop pool and eating top quality food I don't think it should be.

Jun 12, 2013

Warning, if you ever go here. The prices you see on the menu for the pasta are actually entree prices. If you choose to have it as your main, they will charge you $10 extra for each dish. I was surprised to see the bill. There should have been a warning. I would have ordered an actual main instead.

Apr 24, 2013

I can't make lasagne. No matter how I try, it always collapses and ends up looking like bolognaise sauce with some pasta floating in it. I certainly wasn't expecting the lasagne I ordered at Uccello to arrive looking worse than my home-cooked effort. It had obviously done a quick turn around the microwave because it was nice and hot, and the sauce congealed around the plate. The appearance could have been forgiven if the flavour was superb, but it wasn't even as tasty as the aforesaid collapsed lasagane disaster casa mio.

I asked for some parmesan cheese - it wasn't offered - but it made little difference. My entree of brains was passable: they were a little overdone but still creamy. Choices for my vegetarian friend were very limited but she had the gnocchi which she said was quite good. The radicchio salad was very ordinary and arrived without servers. Wines by the glass are also quite limited. At $170 for two this meal was disappointing and not worth the money.

Apr 23, 2013

2 couples Saturday night. Both couples ordered the chicken dish for 2, there was no difference in taste from a $10 chicken at a local chicken shop. It was dry, and the sides or dried up carrot and potatoes was nothing special.

When I looked around everyone had the same sides and most dishes we saw were average.

Staff are average for a 1 hat restaurant and when asked about the tasteless chicken apparently the 1 hat chief had not much to say, except no one has said that before.

Dessert 4 of us ordered 4 different deserts again nothing wrong with it, just thought u might get more than a slice of normal cake. Tasteless.

Basically glorified pub food for $120 a head.

Mar 10, 2013

Nothing special. Pomodoro, basil and bread entree was quite good, simple but good. Primi Piatti dishes were very average for the prices and the claim of a 1 hat restaurant. The wood fired beef lasagna had little to no beef in it, but overall tasted quite good. The porchetta main was quite tasty if a little oily. The veal cutlet was horribly disappointing and simply a crumbed and then fried cutlet served on its own on a plate. Definitely not worth the price. An average restaurant charging much more than its worth due to its location.

Mar 01, 2013

Food was slightly disappointing for a 1 hatted restaurant. However service was great and vibe was cool. Worth the experience.

blogRead more on my blog

Feb 23, 2013

Uccello is NOT a one hat restaurant! Both food and service are average. Only visit for the funky vibe.

Feb 14, 2013