Twelve Spices Lao & Thai Cuisine

EFTPos

Add a Review for Twelve Spices Lao & Thai Cuisine

User Reviews of Twelve Spices Lao & Thai Cuisine, Canley Heights

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Some of the Laotion dishes were good. The service was a bit of a let down. Worth coming back again.

Nov 05, 2013

Being a hills local I was hesitant to travel so far for what is around the corner, however after constant word of mouth suggestions I decided to head south for their Thai and Laos cuisine.

What can you say about large servings, apart from feed the man. The value for money is amazing compared to my local spots, and then the quality matches . The soft shell crab was more than divine and enough for anyone and not venturing to far from my staple the chicken Pad See Ew is easily the best I have had in Sydney and i eat a lot of food.

The menu easily suits anyone of any age, and you can personalise any fruit shake you want - That's a tip for all you other spots out there. I suggest Pineapple, Lychee and watermelon.

The atmosphere is fun, fresh, and has an amazing personal family connection. Even though this spot was full and we didn't make a booking the staff were more than friendly and accommodating.

I suggest if you want an authentic Thai Laos meal with a twist of what makes Australia great then head on down to Twelve Spices.

Oct 19, 2013

Service  1

Service here is atrocious. No comment on food as we left without dinner though not without being subjected to some attitude and absolute rudeness from the waiter.

After waiting outside for 5 minutes with two other couples without being served, we walked in and asked how long the wait will be for a table. The waiter stuck a finger at us and told us to wait while he ran in and out of the kitchen, cleaned tables and proceeded to to do his best to ignore us. Sensing we jumped the que, we went back outside and after 15 minutes we were still waiting with the other couples without being served.

During this time, one of the couples walked it, made a complaint and left. A few minutes later and completely fed up, I walked back in and told the waiter how rude it was to ignore his customers. His response was unbelievable. He stood up straight, looked me in the eye and literally said "look here, what's the problem?". How absolutely rude.

I have to say that they were flat out. The shop was packed and they seemed understaffed. However, it is not excuse for being arrogant and rude. I think he was particularly rude to us as we had the audacity to ask for a table after rather than silently waiting for them to be ready to serve us like the other couples.

We left and went down the road where the Thai food was amazing and service even better. There are so many Thai restaurants around, I wonder how they think they can afford to treat customers the way they do.

Aug 15, 2013

We went there with some friends and we were met with such friendly attitude and smiles all around. After our beautiful lunch, the crispy chicken with chilli basil sauce was to die for, even the good old chicken green curry was amazing! My favourite is the Lao sausage with Nam Jim sauce. We tried the pandan fried ice cream and the size fed 4 of us, that's how large the serving is - great value! We will definitely go back there again and again.

May 03, 2013

I've been to a few Thai/Laos places in the area and this is my favourite by far! Service needs a bit of work (staff need to be friendlier). But food comes out quickly, fairly big portions and yummy! Crispy chili basil chicken, massaman beef curry and Laos sausages would have to be my favourite.

Fruit drinks are amazing. I always found it hard to choose which flavour I want (usually lychee or watermelon). Fried ice cream dessert comes in unique flavours such as pandan and green tea. It is huge and I need to share this with someone! Takes me an hour to get here but always worth the drive!

Apr 23, 2013

I called up the restaurant 30mins prior to my arrival to make a booking. The staff who answered the phone assured me that they were not busy and a booking would not be necessary. Thus, I trusted the staff member and arrived to the restaurant later.

I was then greeted by a waiter on arrival, who informed me that it'd be a 15 minute wait. I explained to him about my call earlier on, to which he replied with, "Well, the reason why we didn't take your booking was because we're actually booked out. It's totally up to you guys whether you want to wait or leave though." Extremely disappointed at our first point of contact already, as there was not an apology and this waiter was obviously not concerned about losing this sale, we were not even informed about the restaurant being booked out in the first place.

Overall, the food was average (nothing special, we didn't finish half our food). Service was extremely poor, though we did encounter one friendly female waiter. And the reason we decided to visit this restaurant was because friends of mine had been raving on about their dessert. However, as we were finally about to order our dessert, we were rudely informed that they were out of dessert.

As we went to pay for the bill, the waiter who greeted us from the beginning, shoved in front of us and casually said, "Excuse me dude, just need to grab this chair," even our last point of contact was extremely disappointing. We will definitely not be returning to this restaurant again. Extremely disappointed and upset about our experience.

Mar 24, 2013

So myself along with a group of 7 are regulars. Like weekly regulars. The lovely young lady who runs it is very friendly and warm. The staff also are friendly and fun.

Food: Amazing. It's hard to find an authentic Lao and Thai restaurant and this is what I've been looking for. I am addicted to their Chicken Pad See Ew, Oh and their Salt and pepper Calamari, Oh and their satay sticks. Oh and their pad see ew, and their ox tounge and uhh everything. The food is delicious. Not to forget their irresistible fried ice cream. Yum Yum Yum!

Value: Awesome value. Drinks are cheap and so is the food. Absolutely love this place!

Mar 21, 2013

Fantastic food! The service could do a little work, staff should ensure meals are bought out all together. Fantastic fruit drinks. Overall, value for money and great food.

Jan 29, 2013

Ambience  1      Service  1

This place is ridiculous beyond belief! No management and the waiter has an attitude. There is too many Thai and Laos restaurant in the area to choose from I don't need to put up with the attitude. I was left standing outside waiting for a table despite having a booking already. There were several empty tables of 2. 2 waiters was lifting up tables and shuffling it around, only to create the same number of seats. After a long while I just left, without even an apology from the waiter just a cocky Ok and simply cross my name off the bookings.

Oct 15, 2012

I had dinner here with a friend two weeks ago and we ordered the chicken skewers, ox tongue and chicken and pineapple fried rice. The skewers was nice, but it was nothing special, ox tongue was a generous portion and grilled nicely. The fried rice was delicious and between the two of us we were only just able to finish the plate.

Their fried ice cream roll ($9.90) was absolutely packed with ice cream inside with your choice of sauce (I think the one I had was caramelised pear). It was delicious and much cheaper than I had expected!

The service was okay during my visit, we had asked for water when we ordered and had to ask for it again when it had not arrived after the food was brought out. We also had to ask for the bill to be brought out a second time as it seemed like the waitress had forgotten.

The total bill was $40.50 which is pretty average pricing.

The place got pretty loud during the peak dining times and my friend and I had to half shout to each other during our meal.

Will be back for the ice cream if not for anything else.

Aug 29, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals

Twelve Spices Lao & Thai Cuisine Homemade LAO SAUSAGES Vanilla Fried Icecream with Berry Champagne Sauce Pandan Fried Icecream with Pandan Sauce Mussaman Beef Curry Durian Fried Icecream with Coconut Sauce Mango Fried Icecream with Coconut sauce Thai Papaya Salad (Som Tum) Black Sesame Fried Icecream With Berry Sauce Crunchy Rice Ball Salad (Nam Khao) Crispy Chilli Basil Chicken Lao Papaya Salad (Tum Mak Hoong)