Trebob Seafood Restaurant

5.4

Trebob Seafood Restaurant doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 4 reviews

7.9

Oatley NSW 2223

Trebob Seafood Restaurant Contact Info

Add a Review for Trebob Seafood Restaurant

User Reviews of Trebob Seafood Restaurant, Oatley

I attended Tre Bob with trepidation the other day after reading the reviews on this website. Dispite living in Oatley for most of my life, I have never tried the restaurant, but decided to give it a go when my son had a sleep over and we only had to pay for one of the kids.

I had the chilli/garlic prawns as a starter and my wife had the chowder, both were fantastic. For our 7 year old daughter, we got her the entree portion of Calamari rather than a kids menu meal (which I believe they have).

We were not expecting much as we have never really heard much of a buzz around this place, but we were really impressed. So much so that we ended up having to go back again with our son as he felt he had missed out on something. The second time was a Sunday, and we were the only ones in the restaurant so it was a bit quiet, but again the food was wonderful. My son had the tagaletti crab entree as his main, and this time I had the surf and turf. We even shared a few desserts.

Not a cheap place, decor a bit outdated, but both times the food was wonderful and the service good. Will go back for special occasions rather than a quick weekend meal because of the price. I scored it high on value as I don't mind paying a bit more money for really good food.

Jun 12, 2012

The food was great and tasty...and that's about it. The woman who is probably the owner or manager is the rudest person I have ever come across in any restaurant. I don't think she understands the meaning of manners nor social etiquette. She would dismiss me with a flick of her wrist when I raised a hand to order, glared at me when I smiled at her and when we left, I said a friendly "Thank You" which resulted in a disgusted grunt from her.

Oh and she would loudly dump our plates in front of me and my partner when the food came out. It's such a shame because I had wanted to celebrate my upcoming birthday there and she just lost a potential 30+ customers. Maybe because I was the only other Asian patron while everyone else was Caucasian so she thought I was a lesser being than everyone else.

My goodness, I would not recommend this place to anyone. I wouldn't even subject my dog to the behaviour from this woman. Totally ruined our evening.

Sep 25, 2011

My wife and I had three courses for dinner using a discount voucher. It was our first visit to Trebob and we will be back soon.

This place has quick, friendly and timely service with fantastic, fresh and interesting seafood using a delicious fusion of Asian and modern Australian flavours (I strongly recommend the john dory).

Great food and service way beyond what you'd expect from this small suburban shopfront. After one visit, Trebob has become our favourite local seafood place. Highly recommended!

Aug 05, 2011

I went to Trebob last Saturday night with my fiancee and we had the worst seafood buffet ever! Talk about lack of food (quantity) and variety. There were no fresh prawns, no blue swimmer crab, there was one tiny piece of octopus and a piece of squid which was so rubbery I feared I might choke on it! For $135 it is definitely a rip-off and we certainly won't be returning.

Jan 17, 2011