Meat & Wine Co, The

Open on New Years Eve

Corkage per bottle $30.00

Specialties

• Exclusive line of beef - Monte Beef
  • Signature Fillet - 300g Monte Gold fillet served with oven-roasted vine tomatoes, baked filo parcel with mushroom ragout, crushed chat potatoe, peppercorn sauce and a black cherry jus

Diners

Parking

Parking Station
Parking Suggestions
Harbourside Car Park, Murray St Pyrmont

Overview of The Meat & Wine Co

The Meat & Wine Co is a string of restaurants renowned for their impressive servings of South African cuisine. They have a variety of menus on offer that cater to different occasions and dietary requirements. They have ala carte, lunch sets, halal, marina, and degustation menus. These can easily be adjusted for private and business functions. Most favoured by meat lovers in their offerings are their steaks and skewers.

To match their remarkable offerings, The Meat & Wine Co beefs up their fit out like no other. Their Darling Harbour branch is huge enough to have separate areas for different diners. The interiors use an interplay of dark hues brightened up by fixtures of pale wood and lots of lighting coming through the ceiling high glass windows and numerous spotlights. Their kitchen counter seems to be the piece de resistance of the entire design as it features buff limestone boulders underneath hanging steel racks of empty yellow bottles for décor. The Meat & Wine Co is definitely the place to go for celebrations with peers and loved ones for lunch and dinner.

Add a Review for The Meat & Wine Co

User Reviews of The Meat & Wine Co, Darling Harbour

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Impressive, food, ambiance & service were all impressive.

Mobile Review Sep 23, 2014

Went here for my 5th anniversary. Table was not prepared on the time of our booking. Staff was not very attentive. It was a tuesday night and it was full house. Their meat are always well charred and have good flavour in it. The let down is that on a big plate, they only serve 1 side with the meat. Veggies are extra side dish, really? Despite that, it has a good ambience and good view to the darling harbour fireworks.

blogRead more on my blog

Apr 13, 2014

Meat and wine was good, although the mushroom and pepper sauces were way too sweet and inedible. Also chargrilled pork was a little burnt.

Mar 05, 2014

Food was good, service was so so. Will go there again.

Jan 26, 2014

Have only been here 3 times since its quite expensive. Despite the prices, the quality of steak is pretty good. Service is sometimes lacking as the restaurant is usually full at night and staff are trying to get everybody's orders in and out of the kitchen which makes you wait at times but the food makes up for it.

Jan 03, 2014

Last week after a terrible dining experience at the Meat and Wine Co, I sent a letter to their functions team and head office. 5 days later, I have still not received a response and so... I thought I would share my complaint with everyone and advise you all, that when choosing a restaurant at Darling Harbour - you have so many choices, stay away from the Meat and Wine Co.

As for my night... It was highly disappointing and completely ruined the night. A 30th birthday is an important occasion and with family travelling down from the coast for a dinner out, it was terrible. I spent so long researching restaurants we could dine at and have been saving for several months so we could really lash out and enjoy the night.

To start with, 3 guests received their pre dinner drinks. They had finished their drinks before the remaining 3 drinks reached the table (or does it start when I received a text message confirming a booking for 2 people, when it should have been 6 people... for a table I booked 6 weeks in advance?)

We ordered entrees and mains and wine. Wine was good (the second bottle we ordered, as they had none of our first choice left) and entrees were good.

As for the mains... my sister ordered the fish. It didn't arrive with all the meals, but a waiter came over and said it would only be a few minutes. 15 minutes later it arrived - so much for rushing it through the kitchen as the waiter said. 6 minutes at best to cook a piece of fish. I would have said that the table had finished eating, except my meal and my dad's meal, we barely touched.

I ordered the beef and prawn skewers - medium - as recommended. They came out very well done, chewy, tough and horrible to eat. My dad ordered the steak and rib combo - medium rare - came out much closer to medium-well. We ordered sides for the table - these arrived late too and not all at once! Lucky the beans and mac and cheese were good, because that was what I ate. Odd, that I visited a steak restaurant and the only thing that was cooked well was vegetables and pasta!

I asked 3 times to speak to the restaurant manager - after 25 minutes he finally made his way to the table and offered dessert and coffee to compensate - an insult really. We asked for the bill so we could leave. I waited 20 minutes for the bill before heading the main wait stand to pay.

I have worked previously as a hotel manager in Sydney, and this level of service would not be accepted from my staff. When you are paying nearly $50 for a main meal, if the waiter comes to the pass and only 5 of the 6 dishes are ready, with a 15 minute wait on the 6th dish, then nothing comes out! Pre dinner drinks with the bread - should all arrive at the same time.

The restaurant manager even asked me once we started our meals, did anyone come to check on us, see how it was all going - no! We pushed food around the plate and waited for the fish to arrive, and none of the staff come to see if we were okay. But if they are following the example of the restaurant manager who took 3 requests and 20 minutes to come to the table, why should the floor staff do any better.

My advice, do not eat here!

Dec 02, 2013

This is where we have lunch and blow the regular budget - bit expensive but always quality all round.

Mobile Review Oct 31, 2013

Quite expensive for what we ordered. All three of us had the beef and prawn skewers very ordinary. Waiter was good however when we went to pay, the lady at the counter said we could only pay credit! She pressed the wrong button and I guess she couldn't be bothered to correct the transaction. Don't think I will ever go back to the meat and wine co Darling Harbour.

Sep 17, 2013

Steak: Very good.
    Service: Good.
    Ambience: Fantastic.
    Cost: Pricey.
    Would I go back? Yes.

Had to rush through dinner as on our way to Jesus Christ Superstar...

Sep 15, 2013

Compared to the old Parramatta restaurant, the food and service here is below the mark. Visited here twice recently, once for dinner and once for lunch. At lunch I felt the waiter was extremely pushy and wanted to order all my food for me. At dinner, the waiter was rather inattentive. Quality is ok but menu range isn't that broad in terms of fish options. Nice position and nice internal ambience although a bit loud downstairs.

Sep 14, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The Meat & Wine Co, The