Thai Spice

Thai

Delivery, Pick Up and Catering
Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Order Delivery or Pickup from Thai Spice
  • Free to order with no markup!
  • Cash or credit | Instant confirmation
  • Over 1 million meals delivered!
Order Now

Add a Review for Thai Spice

User Reviews of Thai Spice, Stanhope Gardens

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Wow so where do I start.

We ordered take away Thai Beef salad, pad thai and massaman curry and what a disappointment and what a rip off.

Thai beef salad was less then 3/4 full, beef was very chewy and flavours were ok at best.

Pad Thai was very dry, barely any sauce, noodles were all clumped up and the chicken was bone dry, probably one of the worst I have ever had.

Massaman curry was quite bland and the broth was not very rich like others we have had at other places. The meat was tough as rubber to the point where my wife chucked the piece of meat out as she could not eat it.

This disaster cost $41 and to top it all off, they do not take eftpost (savings), only credit but for this pleasure they charge a 1% surcharge.

I will not be eating here again. This place is an absolute rip off and the food is below average. I definitely will not be recommending this place to any of my friends or family.

Jan 19, 2013

We've been to this restaurant several times and never been disappointed. Their Tamarind fish was delicious as was their custard and sticky rice dessert. The best of the thai restaurants in the hills district. Would definitely recommend!

Oct 06, 2012

Average. Prawn entree far too sweet and completely overpowered by coconut. Mains lacked flavor. Service was attentive but annoying.

Sep 09, 2012

Seriously, don't bother. So much around that is way better. Dishes ordered and forgotten, very average meals, uninspiring. Poor service. Go somewhere else instead!

Jun 23, 2012

Just like the Quakers Hill Thai Spice restaurant, the portion sizing is so small! When you get around 6 small peices of chicken in the green curry and loads of sauce it is really disappointing. Food tastes nice but would not come back, food over priced for the amount given. Service and ambience ok.

Dec 15, 2011

Terrible bbq octopus and slightly below average green curry. The vegetables in the green curry and basil stir fry tasted as if they were simply from a microwaved frozen package. The peppercorn and garlic beef stir fry was the only thing they could do right but the portion was undersized. The service and atmosphere were adequate. Do yourself a favour and stay away from the chicken basil stir fry.

Oct 29, 2011

We dined at Thai Spice for dinner & we very disappointed with the food & service. We called to make a reservation for 2 plus a pram. We arrived to find we were crammed in a table for 2 with no room for our pram. My husband ordered a meat dish & half the meat was fat. My meal was bought to the table 10mins after my husband had finished his meal & when I asked about my meal they rushed off and I waited a further 5mins for nothing. We gave the place a second chance but never again.

Jul 16, 2011

Overall, the meal was overpriced and not great. All the servings were tiny! and they expected 15 or so dollars for it.

We had a Thai beef salad which made my nose cringe with how sour it was. If they put more salad in it to make the portion bigger, it could have even out the taste. The beef in the salad was too chewy as well. I pulled it out of my mouth with my fingers. The pad thai and panang curry were also too sweet.

The only good thing about the place was how quickly everything came out of the kitchen. However, if they took longer to make the food, it probably would have tasted a whole lot better.

Jun 26, 2011

The food came out really quick, within a few minutes. That is impressive. Food wise though, its the standard thai food I'm use too. It's reasonably priced but I noticed eating there at lunch (they do have lunch specials) that it was a lot warmer inside than outside, the a/c on would have been good.

Apr 02, 2011

We've eaten at the restaurant and ordered in, both time the food was ordinary. The dine in experience was just a meal, nothing special and not what we hope for though the servings were generous in portions. When we ordered in the servings were small, $70 for 4 small containers half filled with what was supposed to be our order.

Spring rolls were made the night before and the satay chicken was like chewing a shoe, bbq lamb grill was merely a lamb chop seasoned. And the pad thai, I asked for a duck pad thai but had to settle for chicken of which was missing the chicken, should've ordered $70 worth of pizza...not impressed.

Feb 06, 2011