Thai & I Restaurant, The

Prices $

Average Meal Price $22 - based on one entree & main course only

General Price
Desserts $6.50
With stunning views and by-fold walls, The Thai and I is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beachside atmosphere. Our light, traditional Thai cuisine is all cooked to order.

Desserts $6.50
We offer lunch specials every day.

Desserts $6.50
Our ingredients are handpicked by our expert chefs for their freshness and taste. We only use the highest quality meats and seafood in our dishes.

Prices last updated:  12/2010

Bookings

Bookings are preferred
We are a small 50 seat restaurant, so, to avoid disappointment we suggest booking in advance at all times.

The Thai and I
Restaurant hire available upon request

Mon to Sun Noon - 3am
Mon to Sat 3pm - 10:30pm
Sun 3pm - 10pm
Remarks
Monday to Saturday - 12:00pm to 10:30pm
Sunday - 12:00pm to 10:00pm

Available

Specialties

• MASSAMAN CURRY BEEF - Sweet mild coconut cream curry cooked with potato, peanuts and onion
  • HANGLAY CURRY PORK - A savoury & sour northern Thai curry with pork marinated in chilli paste, then cooked with ginger, onion & tamarind sauce
  • PAD TALAY - A selection of fish, prawn, mussel and calamari cooked in oyster sauce with garlic, chilli, fresh basil, onion capsicum and broccoli
  • PAD THAI - Flat rice noodles stir-fried with chicken, egg, bok choy, sprouts and crushed peanuts

Serves

Serves Lunch
Serves Dinner
Serves Takeaway
Food Delivery

Delivery

We offer home delivery to local areas.

Business Facilities

EFTPos

Parking

Ample or Convenient Parking
Parking Suggestions
Amply non-metered street parking on surrounding streets

Notes

Our recently renovated beachfront restaurant offers diners the perfect place to relax and refuel. Dine in or order takeaway and enjoy it on the beach.

Overview of The Thai & I Restaurant

Welcome to The Thai and I

Ideally positioned right on The Strand in Dee Why, with views of Dee Why beach and beyond, our recently renovated restaurant provides you comfort and great Thai cuisine. Indeed, The Thai and I has been offering diners traditional and modern Thai cuisine for the last 15 years.

Why not dine in and experience true Thai hospitality in a relaxed and friendly setting.

Takeaway and Home Delivery
We also offer diners takeaway and home delivery for your convenience. Our full takeaway menu can be viewed and printed on this website. When you're ready to order, simply phone your order through to us.

Why not combine a walk on the beach with our traditional cuisine so suited to the beach scenes of Asia.

Reservations
To book a table, please phone us to arrange a time and date.

We look forward to serving you and your friends in the near future.

The Team
The Thai and I

Add a Review for The Thai & I Restaurant

User Reviews of The Thai & I Restaurant, Dee Why

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Good location and good food. Would have to be the best Thai around the Dee Why area. Staff are friendly and good value for money. Would highly recommend going here.

Mar 03, 2013

My mum, daughter (4 y.o.) and I came in on a Sunday afternoon, around 5pm. The place had plenty of seating, inside and out, and a couple of tables were taken. I think this place has been refurbished at some point but the new layout is really bad in terms of seating, it's crowded, with backs of chairs touching each other...

We chose our own seats as the waitresses were busy and didn't seem to care where we go. We ended up in a corner right next to the staff desk. It was cosy and we had a nice view of the ocean.

We asked for a child seat, and were told they only have one and it's already given to another child! What a laugh. Then mum saw the other child had pens and paper and we asked for the same for my child and the waitress brought out a pen and a piece of paper the size of the order slip... we laughed again.

We ordered the food, the waitress struggled with English a bit, and when she walked away, my child asked for rice, so I got up and asked the woman at the desk to add the fried rice to the order, and she ignored me and pointed to the waitress with her eyes. In the course of our meal, I had to get the staff's attention a couple of times and every time this woman at the desk gave me the same reaction - no smile, no words, just looking in the waitress direction! I found this to be so rude, she seemed to think she was in charge and so didn't have to deal with pesky customers! What shocking attitude.

The food arrived quite quickly, was hot and fresh but lacking in flavour and the noodles (pad see ewe) were way overcooked. The vegetarian fried rice was good with a lot of different vegetables. I asked the waitress not to put any shallots in but the rice had plenty of them, so she did miss that request or maybe chef did.

The chicken satay was flavoursome and had lovely creamy peanut sauce but the size of the chicken pieces on the little sticks was huge and hard to bite, manage, considering you never get knives in Thai restaurants. It was especially challenging to share this chicken with a little child... I had to tear the pieces with my bare hands, and ended up with satay sauce all over me.

Overall, an average Thai, not special or outstanding. Expected more from the only Thai on Dee Why beach. Might visit again but not likely.

Feb 12, 2013

This place is always good. Six of us had 6 mains, beers, corkage and a tip and it came to $50 a double. The food is fresh and tasty and the service friendly and efficient. The Hanglay Pork was sensational! We will be back... (Yet again!)

Feb 03, 2013

Without a doubt, the best Thai restaurant in Dee Why and most definitely a top contender for the entire Northern Beaches area.

Consistently excellent food. Every dish, every time, just beautiful. Dishes are authentic, excellent quality and very fresh and servings are a good size.
    Ambience inside the restaurant is nice, outdoor seating is a little more casual.
    The elder members of staff are incredibly polite hosts, always smiley and friendly. Sometimes the junior staff are a little negligent though (perhaps, some extra training would be good?).

We have ordered a variety of dishes from Thai and I compared them with other places in the area. We can confidently say that we will always order from Thai and I. They are definitely the best, we've now thrown out all our other thai menus.

Aug 11, 2012

I have been to a great deal of Thai restaurants in Australia and Thailand. This restaurant is on the top of my list. The cuisine is great, service always friendly and what a surprise, parking only metres away!

Betel leaf parcels are heavenly and I've tried most dishes on the menu. I don't recommend the pad Thai and papaya salad but their curries are the best, any which, you just can't go wrong. I'm there at least once a week!

May 02, 2012

I've been eating at Thai & I for over 5 years now. The food and service has been consistently good for as long as I can remember. This is one of the best Thai restaurants on the northern beaches. Value for money is also great. The family & I have just finished yet another fantastic meal from the Thai & I and I thought is was about time I write a review to give credit where credit is due.

Jan 17, 2012

Been here a few times with the boyfriend just because it's convenient, but we haven't been back in ages because the food is just not worth it. Sauces on stir fries are always really watery and the vegetables, which include non traditional Thai ingredients like celery and capsicum, are hardly even cooked.
    Disappointing every time, which is a shame since the location is so nice.

May 14, 2011

We eat here now and again when we are at the beach. Food is pretty ordinary, obviously made with sauces out of a jar. I have never found any fresh Thai herbs in any of the dishes. What annoys me is that you always have to check the bill! Every time we have dined there, they have jacked up the prices, eg charged $16.90 for a dish that is $15.90 on the menu.

Jan 16, 2011

An extremely small, modern Thai eatery, situated across from Dee Why beach.
    Although I'm not a big Thai food fan, I found the food nicely presented and fresh tasting. The "Jungle Curry" blew my head off and the "Garlic Prawns, "Duck Salad" and "Fish Cakes" were great too. The prices are in the moderate range.

The service, although friendly and prompt, none of the waiters bothered to ask our party of 5 once, throughout the whole night, if we required anything or even give us a sweets menu. We ended up having an icecream cone at Macca's!

Being such a small, busy establishment, it would be smart to book. The parking isn't great, but there is a parking area around the corner which is free after 7.00 pm. There is seating out-side and inside. We sat inside, on a cushion bench, which I preferred. All in all, we had a great, relaxed night and I will be back.

Feb 01, 2010

We have been going to this restaruant for over 10 years.

It certainly has blossomed over the last several months, with a complete internal and external makeover which has, unfortunately made it too popular.

Never-the-less, the food is always very good and the menu has just expanded with some new traditional Thai dishes.

Well recommended - must book!

Jan 13, 2010

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The Thai & I Restaurant, The

Special Offers for The Thai & I Restaurant

Special Offers Special Offer The Thai and I Lunch Specials - 7 days a week - $9.90!

Only pay $9.90 for a selection of mouth-watering Thai dishes from our Lunch Specials Menu. Choose from Red or Green Curries, Stir Fries, Noodle dishes and more.

To view our latest menu visit our website on http:www.thethaiandi.com.au . Our offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions.

How:
    To book a table in advance, phone us on (02) 9971 4755 and mention this website.

Print Special Offers for The Thai & I Restaurant Print Offer  |  Terms & Conditions