Tai Pak Restaurant

Chinese

Delivery, Pick Up and Catering
Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Order Delivery or Pickup from Tai Pak Restaurant
  • Free to order with no markup!
  • Cash or credit | Instant confirmation
  • Over 1 million meals delivered!
Order Now

Add a Review for Tai Pak Restaurant

User Reviews of Tai Pak Restaurant, Chester Hill

Very pleasant experience. The food was very good and the staff friendly.

Apr 28, 2012

We have been regulars at Tai Pak for over 4 years and after a few 'hit and miss' experiences we have decided to try out another local restaurant (which turned out to be better).

The quality of the food is average, and most of the dishes come with just "onions" as vegetables. We ordered a Garlic Combination and got accidentally served Garlic Prawns. The food was quite bland and we have seen them done a lot better in the past. Overall we think that the quality of the food has gone done over the period that we have visited Tai Pak.

The prices are reasonable, tho I think for the very limited "vegetable pallette" they are a bit too high. The take away is very fast and the orders are ready within 10 minutes after placement by phone. The service is friendly and good.

Apr 23, 2012

I love Tai Pak, best chinese in the west/sydney! Every other chinese restaurant is compared to this. The dishes are excellent, large and the people who work there are very professional.

Mongolian lamb = 10/10, satay chicken = 10/10, sang choi bau = 10/10. Love Tak Pak! beautiful!

Feb 13, 2012

The Shadow steak is amazing, get it every time I go to Tai Pak, lovely little restaurant.

May 03, 2011

We've been regulars a Tai Pak for 3 years now and they never disappoint. The food is excellent and extremely good value.

Service is always efficient and quick, and Jenny treats you like one of the family. Some of the other staff can be a little impersonal but still get the job done. Can get quite busy on weekends so it is best to book.

The short soup is excellent and a bargain at $3! Other favourites are the dim sums, chicken pancakes and sizzling mongolian combination (not actually on the menu but they always make it for us!).

The fruit, fortune cookies and wet towels are a nice way to end the evening. Take away is also very good and often includes free dishes. Delivery available too which is handy.

May 24, 2010

Its very seldom to get a restaurant where the value is a perfect 10, but Tai Pak pulls it off. I've been eating at Tai Pak for several years and they seldom disappoint. Tai Pak serves the best modern Chinese food I have tasted. Their Mongolian combination and Mountain Chicken is second to none.

I've never been too keen on their fried rice, in fact I haven't come across a fried rice at any Chinese restaurant lately worth noting. If their fried rice was good, I'd have given them 10 for food. I also like their prawn cutlets, and prawn toast.

The service can be a little indifferent on some occasions but that isn't a major concern, because you come here for the best food at reasonable prices. The service is a bonus and on most occasions its pretty good. Last time they brought out a special ice bucket on a stand, and a second one for our rice so we had more room on the table. The owner Jenny, is always friendly.

For such a humble establishment its one of my favourite places to eat, and one where you can have an entree and 3 mains plus dessert for around 25 dollars per head. Their fried icecream is good too. I don't like a huge thick crust on my battered icecream, and this 1 is nice and thin, with a nice coconut infusion of flavour.

They always finish with a modest serving of fruit, fresh wet napkin and a fortune cookie. Fortune cookies seem like a dying race these days. One of my top restaurants!

Sep 16, 2009

Always great. I have tried many chinese food places and this is the best, I keep coming back. Even when I mention it to friends, everyone knows it as the best. The prices are low as well and the specials are great.

Aug 02, 2009

We've only ever ordered take away so I can't really comment ambience, however, the service on the phone is always polite. Shanghai fried rice is the best fried rice I've every eaten along with the chicken satay skewers, awesome!

Feb 07, 2009

A good range of dishes. The specials are tasty e.g. capital chicken. I am never disappointed when I dine here. Great for takeaway also - quick with orders.

Dec 05, 2008

Great food & service is friendly, and quite quick at lunch when we go most times. Yes Jenny is very nice & helpful. The Tai Pak Special & the Capitol Chicken are great.

Sep 17, 2008