Table For 20

Has Bar

Add a Review for Table For 20

User Reviews of Table For 20, Surry Hills

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

By the time you spend the enforced hour in their sticky bar buying expensive drinks you end up paying way over the $70 per head. They charge booked numbers rather than heads on the night, because of some line about fresh seasonal produce bought only on the day: its not, its readily available and freezable. This is also their excuse for refusing to give you any menu (but expect you to commit to thousands of dollars for a large table). Why would anyone would book here instead of a restaurant where you can choose between a range of dishes a la carte is beyond me.Their cash only policy because of some charity excuse is a bit dubious to say the least...

Dec 14, 2013

Super average especially when you look at the bill. Mandatory predrinks upstairs, mandatory speech before eating, long wait times for the courses, food nothing special. Do not bother.

Apr 15, 2013

Table for 20 is actually table for 40. 4 of us really enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. Didn't actually get to talk with any of the neighbouring diners as they all seemed caught up in their own conversations, but I understand some chance meetings have led to weddings - so be v careful!

Food is not haute cuisine but is nice Italian country style fare and plentiful. I could taste Umbria in the pasta dish. I would not like to be there if there was a loud and raucous group at the table, but you take your chances in life! Not sure how much it cost but I think it was good value.

Jan 08, 2013

They refuse to let you drink your own wine for the first hour by making you buy alcohol in their Sticky Bar, adding considerably to the already expensive $70/head. Why would you spend $70 a head for inexpensive shared meals, rather than going to a nice restaurant where you can order individual dishes from a menu.

They also refuse to give details of the menu so you must be prepared to hand over a few thousand dollars cash for who knows what. (They say they cannot give details of the menu because the chef shops for seasonal produce, though on the night we were served food available year round. They also take cash only supposedly because of donations to charity (though this does not make sense as donations need to be accountable for tax reasons). Do yourself a favour and book into a proper higher end restaurant for the same price!

Dec 10, 2012

20 of us went to a friend's 30th birthday. As a vego, they catered for me without any problem. We had a lovely meal and enjoyed the live music.

Oct 11, 2012

Came here with a Lime and Tonic voucher after hearing good things from friends. Normally when you arrive with a voucher you have a different experience or are treated sub par, but this was not the case with Table for 20.

We arrived early and had a drink in the charming Sticky Bar, it was really busy but we got served quickly and the cocktail was delicious. The room where you eat is lovely, very large with 2 x long tables. It can get noisy but it's not unbearable. Nice dude playing guitar in a corner added to the ambience.

Entree was a pappardelle with cavolo nero pesto, delicious although I am not sure that the pasta was fresh as they claimed. There was plenty of it as well.
    Main was a really lovely veal backstrap in a tomato sauce with baked potatoes and caesar salad. It was all lovely but I think it would have been better with a less heavy side like some steamed veg maybe? The veal was great though and again, there was plenty.

The dessert was a rhubarb crumble, it was ok but not amazing. What was amazing was the homemade limoncello at the end delicious!

The waiter even asked us for feedback when we left which was great as I think this really shows that they care about their place and want it to grow. We will be back!

Jul 12, 2012

I thought I was literally going to a table for 20 in someone’s lounge room from reviews I've read, it’s not exactly the case. The food comes out in platters so you can have as much or as little as you like and it’s no prob if you’re like me and don’t eat red meat. You find out on the night what you’ll be having. For the night I was there, entree was pasta (pictured) ... see my blog for more info and pics

blogRead more on my blog

Jul 01, 2012

Came here for a friends birthday. The drinks upstairs are awesome and there was a great atmosphere to boot. We had the standard set menu with entree, main and dessert. After hearing so many good things about the venue, I was pretty disappointed to be honest. Pasta for entree that my mother would have served up for a quick sunday meal. For $70 a head, that's a bit rich in today's climate.

May 08, 2012

Have been many times, I always feel the value and it always to be genuine. Live music, different grub and hospitable staff. Great way to dine small or large groups. Truly about people the table as the host says and nice charity initiative also, love the gnocchi!

Feb 01, 2012

I was coordinating the corporate function that filled most of the seated area. As an ever considerate human I ask the small group not apart of the function if we could run an awards ceremony. Kindly they were happy for us to announce award winners and hand out awards. On top of that one of them asked if I could include one of their friend in the announcement of course I did. T20 is awesome - I will definitely head there again!

Dec 16, 2011