Sushi Tei

Mon to Sun 5:30pm - 10pm

Specialties

• Dragon Roll, Phoenix Roll and Aburi Salmon Roll
  • Wagyu Selections
  • Kaminabe (Paper Hot Pot)
  • Homemade Ice-Cream (Salt with Caramel, Tomato, Pumpkin, Banana, Fuyu, Sweet Potato, Edamame)

EFTPos
Diners

Overview of Sushi Tei

Sushi Tei – Where pristine culinary skills and incisive expertise with an innate appreciation of nature come together to inspire and enhance the experience of true Japanese dining.

We have combined the best that the expansive Japanese cuisine has to offer, marrying the intricacies of sashimi to the theatrical flair of teppanyaki with an innate intuition of local tastes to forge an inimitable identity of our own.

Sushi Tei is no ordinaire dining restaurant, notably we believe in providing an ethereal with an alluring ambience more than a dining experience just for you by setting ourselves apart from the norm.

We present an assortment of scrumptious and creatively designed Japanese gastronomy - appealing to the delight of aficionados of Japanese cuisine.

Our menu features Japanese offerings and innovative dishes illustrating the emerging influence of Asia on modern Japanese cuisine. A revolving selection of appetizer, dinner, sushi specials guarantee a new experience with each visit to our restaurant outlets.

Add a Review for Sushi Tei

User Reviews of Sushi Tei, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Poor. Bad service, ordinary food, and expensive. At least get one thing right.

Mobile Review May 13, 2014

Great selection of food on the menu. Dishes can be hit and miss but mostly above average. The decor and vibe are great.

blogRead more on my blog

Jan 23, 2014

Wouldn't come again.

The food is average, there is better quality and prices elsewhere. The softshell crab rolls were okay, a bit soft. The wagyu and eggplant was pretty good but the teriyaki salmon was tough and over cooked. The mixed vegies were a bit disappointing and mostly onions.

We got the corner 4-seater right by the entrance so it wasn't the best position, primarily because initially we had a family next to us with a pram and then another family with kids. So we were blocked in and it was difficult for the servers to bring us food.

Service was terrible. When he brought us dishes, he didn't clear any of our plates, even when we were stacking them and it was clear we'd finished. Eventually we just moved them onto the next table when that family left.

For what appears to be a classy establishment, the restrooms are atrocious. Not only is it in some internal back hallway maze where it can be confusing to find your way back, but the restrooms themselves are dirty. I certainly needed hand sanitizer after that!

Jun 13, 2013

Unfortunately the service here has declined. Despite the place being expensive, this used to be one of my regular haunts for decent Japanese. Now the prices have risen (again) and the service has declined. Our food took an hour and a half to all to arrive and the waitress refused my order for a garden salad, even though I've ordered it there many many times before. Very disappointed with what used to be a great place.

Feb 14, 2013

Service: Booked the day before and were seated immediately upon arrival. Drinks and food arrived within minutes and wait staff were polite.

Food: The matcha milk tea was sweet but not overpowering and the green tea ice cream tasted delicious. The zen lunch sets were larger than expected and the sashimi and wagyu steak were melt in the mouth. I was not too fussed with the small bowl of tuna mayo salad but I'm not a canned tuna person. If you like salmon and fish roe, try the sanshoku salmon - similar to roe sushi but with salmon sashimi in the place of the usual seaweed, however, the salmon was of a smaller quantity than the display picture. A bit expensive but similar in price to many Japanese restaurants of similar quality in the CBD.

Ambience: The restaurant was noisy enough that conversation was difficult, however, I was mostly occupied with enjoying the food.

Jan 04, 2013

Good but not enough to pay that much. Nothing special as other Japanese but variety of sushi. Services no comment.

Sep 18, 2012

Food was good but senior staff is rude! The waitress accidentally spilt some sauce over my husband's suit and the senior staff came and only gave us $30 for laundry. We were both shocked how rude she was, accusing us that we may take more suits to dry clean to take advantage of this situation! I told her that the dry clean receipt will tell you exactly how many suits it has dry cleaned. And she had nothing to say after that.

The senior staff handled this badly, rather than diffusing the situation she only angered customers even more by being rude, make unnecessary accusations and even made a sarcastic comment about the suit being '$20,000'.... Honestly is the way how you should treat customers?

Jul 09, 2012

My friends and I found this place by random chance and I was shocked at how amazing the food was. The food came out quickly, the sashimi melted in your mouth and the miso soup was the best I've ever tasted. Will definitely be going back again and again.

Jul 06, 2012

Sushi Tei used to be my fav jap restaurant for years because of the food, the serving and value and I was always a frequent diner bringing my family, friends or relatives from overseas. However, the recent visit to Sushi Tei has let me down so much that I have decided not to go back there anymore.

Service was poor and staff were young, inexperienced and not responsive to customers. They seem extremely clueless and disrespectful. Here are examples of my unpleasant experience:

The drinks were expensive, small in size and tasteless as they were diluted with heaps of ice. My sister loves their special drinks and they used to be glass full but now they only give you no more than 75%. And the worse thing is we all got sick after drinking them.

Customer service was extremely poor. The staff were young,inexperience, disrespectful and inflexible. There was no customer focus in the restaurant and you can see that from how the staff treat their customers. When we got the bill, we noticed one of the items was charged differently from the price per the menu so we inquired with one of the staff.

To my surprised, she told us that the price on the bill was the new price. I asked her why it was not reflected on the menu that we were given from the start and she said it fell off the menu. I said I don't mind paying the extra but only if that was what I get told first. If this is acceptable, then why bother showing prices on the menu? Why don't you just keep the prices on the computer and give customers a surprise when they pay the bill?

However, she would not admit their fault and kept arguing that there is nothing they could do and the price on their computer is the correct price. She did not seek any other ways to solve the situation but kept on arguing until I asked to speak to her senior staff. Even though they eventually agreed to forgo the extra charge, the senior staff or the staff did not offer their apology at all. It was very disappointing that a happy family dinner has turned into such a sour and awkward situation.

The serving size was so much smaller than it was. For example, the Phoneix Roll used to be quite filling and cost only $15 each. Over the years, I noticed the reduction in size, although the number of piece remains the same. The rice was also over cooked.

If you asked my opinion, I would honestly say that the food is still good but be prepared for poor service and small serving size for the price you pay. I think it is to do with the new management or new chef.

May 27, 2012

This is my favourite go-to restaurant in the city for a quick bite of sushi. The hotate misomayo or grilled scallops with a creamy mayonnaise sauce and lemon is absolutely amazing and the sashimi is always fresh. Service is quick and efficient, perfect for an after work dinner.

May 09, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals

Hall 1 Hall 2 Entrance