SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries

Hip and Trendy

Parking

Parking Station

Overview of SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries

Sushi Hotaru is a gourmand's find for contemporary Japanese cuisine. This restaurant in The Galleries Victoria removes the ho-hum that usually comes to those who've seen too much of these small cakes of cold rice and raw seafood. The sushi train presents a variety of dishes whipped up to catch the eye and tease the senses. Thus, there's a host of meals to choose from and pull off the conveyor belt to pair with fresh fruit juices.

The authentic selection really makes lunch and dinner with friends an adventure in Sushi Hotaru. Their ambiant zen-inspired fitout adds to the cheerful atmosphere that's perfect for a great night out. It's no wonder foodies in Sydney's CBD frequently visit this popular restaurant on George Street even for breakfast and for takeaways.

Add a Review for SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries

User Reviews of SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

3 dollar sushi is great value and we had fed 4 people for approx 12 bucks ahead. Service was nice and all staff were busy but still had the time to help if asked. I only new about this place as my best mate had built it so he told me to go there, we were impressed, don't be to worried about taking a number and waiting to be seated as turnover of patrons is pretty quick.

Sep 25, 2014

Absolutely disgusting service. I came for dinner with a friend and one of the staff came over 4 times to ask if we were finished yet because they want to 'make room for other customers'. We had only been there 20 minutes! We weren't even just sitting there taking up space (not that that should be a problem anyway when you go out to dinner and are a paying customer). We were still eating, drinking our wine and chatting between each other. So irritating to keep being interrupted and told that we need to go to the register to pay! There was a line of people forming out the front - yet several free tables! Why not sit them on one of the free tables instead of kicking out your paying customers who are in the middle of dinner? So rude. Never going back and will tell everyone I know never to go there either. Food was average too. Had a plate of sashimi from the train which was warm. Obviously sitting on the train all day. Yuck.

Sep 02, 2014

Good sushi joint. I frequent this or Bathurst St shop which generally pretty quiet, easily getting table over lunch crowd. Overall good value and ambience, love their touchscreen and the small hook under table to place your handbag, ladies!

Mar 17, 2014

Great Japanese sushi train place that I keep going back to for lunch! It is very busy during weekday lunch time, they do not take bookings so you must get there early. Also, they will not let you sit down unless everyone dining is present.

When you are shown to your seat, the staff yell out a welcome greeting to you. You order through the touch screen in front of you and/or pick dishes from the sushi train. There is a wide selection of fresh dishes. All plates and hand rolls are $3. I highly recommend you try the hand rolls (my faves are soft shell crab and the scampi omelette). They are made fresh to order, the seaweed is still crispy when it comes to you!

Upon leaving, you will be truly satisfied and will be given the farewell yell as you head to the register to pay.

Mar 16, 2014

Great food, amazing place, give it a go.

Mobile Review Mar 13, 2014

This place is great! Tasty sushi, good variety and a fun place to eat!

blogRead more on my blog

Jan 08, 2014

Ate here for lunch for the first time today with a girlfriend after reading some of the below reviews I was a bit sceptical as my favourite sushi joint in the CBD is currently Sushi Rio (“SR”) in Chinatown. The service here was blunt, not very welcoming and rather confusing, I was told to wait for my friend before being able to be seated – which you don’t have happen at SR. After being seated staff didn’t ask if we wanted drinks which they do at SR. However I did really like how you can order fresh plates from the touch screen pictures which are set up in front of the train that was cool and efficient service for the food.

But overall their quality of sushi compared to SR doesn’t really rate anywhere near, Sushi Rio they still win hands down! For example hand rolled scallop and omelette, octopus puffs and grilled salmon sushi are 100% better at SR. I didn’t try their hand rolled soft shell crap though so can’t compare that. They are stingy on their mayo, fresh ginger and wasabi servings too. I won’t be rushing back here. Prices were slightly cheaper than SR but I don't think the cost saving out weights the quality of food you pay slightly more for at SR.

Oct 02, 2013

Best value sushi train in Sydney! At $3 a plate (with the exception of sashimi), I can't think of any other sushi train to go to if I'm in the city... and without much money in my wallet.

They have a wide selection of plates, and I rarely see scallops (raw and seared) price so low, and still being so tasty!

Portion sizes are small, but I think it's a reasonable size so you can just throw the entire piece of sushi in your mouth and much away - my partner would disagree though, he's complained about the steadily decreasing portion sizes.

Get here before 6pm or you'll be in for a nice wait outside, though customer turnover is quite high... people generally dine within 30 minutes.

A good alternative to the people who don't want to pay/wait in line for Makoto.

May 08, 2013

I've been here several times now and I've noticed the last few times I've been, the portions have decreased significantly. Unfortunately, this does not represent good value and am inclined to find other sushi train restaurants where the serving sizes are more reasonable. Even if it means paying a bit more to get a decent sized piece of sushi. Am very disappointed as I used to love Sushi Hotaru.

May 02, 2013

It was good overall. My friend really liked it, he said it was his best in city. Nice coverage menu, I liked the salmon and scallop combination sushi. Service was fast.

My favourite aburi engawa was too skinny and already crumbled. Please make it better!

Apr 14, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries Soft Shell Crab Hand Roll SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries SUSHI HOTARU The Galleries