Sushi Hotaru TGV

Confectionery and Dessert
Ice Cream

Hip and Trendy

Overview of Sushi Hotaru TGV

Sushi Hotaru is a gourmand's find for contemporary Japanese cuisine. This restaurant in The Galleries Victoria removes the ho-hum that usually comes to those who've seen too much of these small cakes of cold rice and raw seafood. The sushi train presents a variety of dishes whipped up to catch the eye and tease the senses. Thus, there's a host of meals to choose from and pull off the conveyor belt to pair with fresh fruit juices.

The authentic selection really makes lunch and dinner with friends an adventure in Sushi Hotaru. Their ambiant zen-inspired fitout adds to the cheerful atmosphere that's perfect for a great night out. It's no wonder foodies in Sydney's CBD frequently visit this popular restaurant on George Street even for breakfast and for takeaways.

Add a Review for Sushi Hotaru TGV

User Reviews of Sushi Hotaru TGV, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Good sushi joint. I frequent this or Bathurst St shop which generally pretty quiet, easily getting table over lunch crowd. Overall good value and ambience, love their touchscreen and the small hook under table to place your handbag, ladies!

Mar 17, 2014

Great Japanese sushi train place that I keep going back to for lunch! It is very busy during weekday lunch time, they do not take bookings so you must get there early. Also, they will not let you sit down unless everyone dining is present.

When you are shown to your seat, the staff yell out a welcome greeting to you. You order through the touch screen in front of you and/or pick dishes from the sushi train. There is a wide selection of fresh dishes. All plates and hand rolls are $3. I highly recommend you try the hand rolls (my faves are soft shell crab and the scampi omelette). They are made fresh to order, the seaweed is still crispy when it comes to you!

Upon leaving, you will be truly satisfied and will be given the farewell yell as you head to the register to pay.

Mar 16, 2014

Great food, amazing place, give it a go.

Mobile Review Mar 13, 2014

This place is great! Tasty sushi, good variety and a fun place to eat!

blogRead more on my blog

Jan 08, 2014

Ate here for lunch for the first time today with a girlfriend after reading some of the below reviews I was a bit sceptical as my favourite sushi joint in the CBD is currently Sushi Rio (“SR”) in Chinatown. The service here was blunt, not very welcoming and rather confusing, I was told to wait for my friend before being able to be seated – which you don’t have happen at SR. After being seated staff didn’t ask if we wanted drinks which they do at SR. However I did really like how you can order fresh plates from the touch screen pictures which are set up in front of the train that was cool and efficient service for the food.

But overall their quality of sushi compared to SR doesn’t really rate anywhere near, Sushi Rio they still win hands down! For example hand rolled scallop and omelette, octopus puffs and grilled salmon sushi are 100% better at SR. I didn’t try their hand rolled soft shell crap though so can’t compare that. They are stingy on their mayo, fresh ginger and wasabi servings too. I won’t be rushing back here. Prices were slightly cheaper than SR but I don't think the cost saving out weights the quality of food you pay slightly more for at SR.

Oct 02, 2013

Best value sushi train in Sydney! At $3 a plate (with the exception of sashimi), I can't think of any other sushi train to go to if I'm in the city... and without much money in my wallet.

They have a wide selection of plates, and I rarely see scallops (raw and seared) price so low, and still being so tasty!

Portion sizes are small, but I think it's a reasonable size so you can just throw the entire piece of sushi in your mouth and much away - my partner would disagree though, he's complained about the steadily decreasing portion sizes.

Get here before 6pm or you'll be in for a nice wait outside, though customer turnover is quite high... people generally dine within 30 minutes.

A good alternative to the people who don't want to pay/wait in line for Makoto.

May 08, 2013

I've been here several times now and I've noticed the last few times I've been, the portions have decreased significantly. Unfortunately, this does not represent good value and am inclined to find other sushi train restaurants where the serving sizes are more reasonable. Even if it means paying a bit more to get a decent sized piece of sushi. Am very disappointed as I used to love Sushi Hotaru.

May 02, 2013

It was good overall. My friend really liked it, he said it was his best in city. Nice coverage menu, I liked the salmon and scallop combination sushi. Service was fast.

My favourite aburi engawa was too skinny and already crumbled. Please make it better!

Apr 14, 2013

The best sushi train in Sydney! Food is always fresh, delicious and fast. Prices are great and it's always busy! Service is polite but there can be difficulty getting the waitresses attention sometimes! My favourite Japanese place and I go there regularly.

Feb 18, 2013

So delicious I keep coming back here! I always prefer to sit at the tables though, you can order on an iPad and the food pops up immediately from a waitress! The really great thing about this place is this wasabi octopus sushi I have never tried anywhere else...it's divine. My bestie and my sister are Huge fans of the green tea latte as well. Also, the brown sugar dessert balls are also amazing. I just love everything about this place. Pricing is reasonable for the quality of food. I've had much worse food for a Lot more expensive. Love it. Will keep coming back.

EDIT: They have since reduced the size of the food to half of the previous size with the same price. This is not acceptable and I do not appreciate being jipped like this as a regular customer. Regular customer no longer!

Jan 17, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV Soft Shell Crab Hand Roll Sushi Hotaru TGV Sushi Hotaru TGV