Stuyvesant's House

Has Bar

Add a Review for Stuyvesant's House

User Reviews of Stuyvesant's House, Crows Nest

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Very poor service, oily over-fried and salty dish, high prices (for 2 dishes with 2 glasses of beer we've paid 100$).

We booked prior to come with our little doughtier (and I said that we are coming with a child and need a highchair). When we came, no one paid attention to us, even when I said "hello" several times. Old man with mustache didn't even looked at us and passed near without saying anything... so strange... well, after feeling a bit awkward we were attended by a lady, who said that there is no space for a pram inside. So we sat outside and... been forgotten!

After waiting for ages, and when our child started crying, I decided to come inside. By the reaction on waitress face I could clearly understand that she just forgot to bring a menu. So I said that it's baby's time to sleep soon so I have to make an order ASAP. After that we were served by Asian man, who was quite quick, and our pork knuckle and sausage plate were served within 20 mins.

Well, I decided to stay there after that poor greeting only because I've read very positive reviews about their food, and I missed German sausages and sour cabbage. I've tried that dish in Germany several times, in Check Republic, Russia, and even in Sydney in Lowenbrau restaurant in the city and was expecting something similar... but that one was the worst sausage dish I've ever tried!

Very oily, over fried, very salty with old mash potato and funny onion rings... hence I couldn't finish it. Actually there were only 2 sausages and the rest just small pieces of different sausages, that I couldn't recognize. Pork knuckle was ok, but siding was really funny... something that looked like fried pieces of dough. We will never come back and never recommend it to anyone. Waste of time and money.

that was sausage dish, oily, salty and over-fried ...

Apr 06, 2014

What a gem of a place. What character... We had an outstanding evening! The wine list is mind boggling and the cellar - OMG. Keep the children at home and have a great night of food and wine. Very highly recommended!

Dec 18, 2013

This will be the 6th year we are going back for an outstanding evening of a politically totally incorrect place where the food is great the wines are out of this world. It is not a very children friendly place but for adults who can take some fun and can laugh it will be an outstanding time. It is definitely not for everyone's taste, but not having it this world would be a much poorer place.

Dec 03, 2013

Had a fabulous evening again last night with my friends. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food to die for. The only problem I find is to decide on which wine to drink from the incredible wine list. I have never seen such selection in any other restaurant. Highly recommended.

May 30, 2013

Not for the faint of heart this is a restaurant with character and spirit. The food is top notch and the place feels cosy and warm. The host is excellent he may appear rude or crude with jokes but you can't take it seriously he makes it a night to remember. Be prepared for a different experience than eating at you cold run of the mill eatery.The wine selection is huge and will please the discerning palate!

Mobile Review May 28, 2013

Fabulous evening of celebration for my Brides somethingtieth birthday.
    Max as always has every one of our party enjoying his fantastic hearty European offerings. From the Snails to the Pork Knuckle, Tasting platters, Schnitzels, Schnapper,Pork Belly and Venison it was all first class real food, real flavour, portion sizes were substantial but not too big. The blackforest cake was truly a gorgeous blast from the past and again suitably sized to feed the party of 12 without over filling.

Rudi was at his larrakin best, with his wit, charm and jest flowing effortlessly all night. Matt his champion waiter was always there taking whatever was thrown at him and smiling. Of course one should not forget the wine appreciation class in Rudi's cellar certainly helped my gang enjoy the noble drop more.

May 28, 2013

Went here recently with a group of friends expecting good food with a bit of atmosphere. What we got was overcooked pork, overpriced meals, lousy service (we asked for water 3 times & by the time it came, we were having dessert), a waiter that was almost umpossible to understand and a rude shock when we got the bill! If Pretzels are placed on the table on arrival, you should not have to pay for it.
    There was no music to help with the atmosphere & their idea of German decor is a few thousand empty beer & wine bottles lining the room (& bathroom!).
    For $100 per head you expect fine dining...not a pub meal.

Apr 08, 2013

Rude, poorly decorated, over priced, and owner that is unbelievable. We booked as I wanted to take my German friends to a German restaurant. I had only driven passed a few times but never ventured inside.

On arrival, stood at the door waiting for someone to notice me for 2 minutes. But the musty and old attic smell was obvious as soon as we entered. We should have walked away then.

We were shown to our table by one of the nice waiters. Then before we knew it the owner set upon us. Almost insisting what we should order and that whatever we order was good. But what came next was very inappropriate. Several rude condescending jokes directed towards my friends wife that were so inappropriate.
    Very very seedy old man jokes that made us all feel uncomfortable.

We ordered mains but after a few mins the waiter accidentally bought another table's food to us by mistake. The owner perked up swearing at the waiter. Very unprofessional way to address anyone even if they are staff. We had some small kids with us, so swearing the F word around really didn't go down well.

Our mains finally came out huge and big mess of food with no real thought to appearance. Think camping in the country style, which can be nice when done right. Mains were around $38-50 and were quite over priced in my opinion. For the 4 of us with a few drinks total and 2 entrées and 4 mains came to $240.
    Way over priced for the disgusting food and restaurant.

Avoid this place like the plague.. especially if you have females or children with you.

Feb 24, 2013

This establishment has been a regular haunt for a long time. If you want great service, excellent, hearty food and one of the best wine lists in town, this is the place to come. Never fails to disappoint.

Dec 04, 2012

This was a restaurant we used to visit in the 80's and loved it! Omg what went wrong! The night was in a nutshell a shocker!

The service was a little like an episode between Seinfeld's Soup Nazi and Fawlty Towers. The food was terrible, I mean how can you get a Chicken Schnitzel wrong and what's with the big tray of pork knuckle sitting uncovered in the restaurant!

The senior staff was particularly rude to 2 female customers he kept waiting outside in the freezing cold and then proceeded to whistle them back into the restaurant when the table was ready! We couldn't wait to get out and the senior staff (pickled by this stage) couldn't understand why we didn't stay for dessert. What went wrong, it really was an expensive joke!

Sep 10, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals

that was sausage dish, oily, salty and over-fried ...