Steel Bar and Grill

Saturday 6pm - Late

EFTPos
Diners

Overview of Steel Bar and Grill

Steel Bar and Grill offers a unique dining experience within a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere. A prominent and renowned venue in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, it’s a sleek urban oasis designed by one of Sydney’s most notorious designers, Michael McCann. Every aspect of the main dining area, outdoor terrace and private dining room is dramatic and awe-inspiring.

With a reputation of excellence in quality, presentation and service, Steel Bar and Grill lends itself exquisitely to any occasion. The open plan kitchen is central to the experience of the restaurant not only in its food, but in the drama and theatre of its production. Head Chef, Rob Cannon, delivers a delicious Modern Australian menu featuring everything from a light meal with delicate flavours to an impressive range of steaks carefully selected for their individual characteristics and prepared on the Argentinean wood fire grill.

Add a Review for Steel Bar and Grill

User Reviews of Steel Bar and Grill, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

I have walked past this restaurant many times without realising that it was actually an upmarket restaurant, I thought jot was only a cafe/coffee shop. On Sunday I stopped to read the menu displayed outside and was most impressed.

I took a couple of friends there yesterday evening and we were all very pleased; we shared a number of entrees (my favourite being the seared scallops) and then moved on to the suckling pig and beef. The pig and accompanying black pudding was very good indeed, as were the beef dishes.

The decor and service here superior. Another great venue at the Northern end of the CBD.

Response from Management:
    Pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and thank you for posting. Hope you venture back soon!

Sep 16, 2014

Our evening was make pretty awesome from this place - food was pretty amazing (quail and sucking pig pretty spectacular), service was very good from all staff.

Jun 15, 2014

Went for tapas and drinks. Good service with very goog ambience. The food was good but nothing outstanding. There was no creativity. I was not "wowed" by the food but good produce was used.

Apr 28, 2014

When first entering this establishment, you are welcomed by courteous staff and the enticing wood smoke fragrance within. We dined for a mid-week lunch and this venue was well occupied which is always a good sign. After starting with bread and olives we shared the Baked Holy Goat “La Luna” entree, comprising of goats cheese, beetroot and candied pecans, which was light and flavoursome.

For mains we decided on the Milly Hill Lamb Rump with Braised shoulder, harissa eggplant, cumin yoghurt and dukkah crumb, which was a delightful contrast of two lamb cuts and the O’Connor Pasture Fed Scotch Fillet (250gr) which was perfectly cooked with mild smoke flavour accompanied by a side of Steamed Broccolini and Kale.

Wait staff were very attentive and informative and scheduling of courses was perfect. To conclude a fine dining occasion we ordered coffee and desserts of Valrhona Chocolate and Vanilla Creme Brulee which were beautifully presented and a perfect way to finish a most enjoyable dining experience. Aesthetically, steel mesh plays a part in the visuals of the restaurant decor which is both different and pleasing.

We dined utilising a discount offer so value for money was quite acceptable. Overall, this was a most pleasing restaurant which we would recommend and consider returning another time.

Vanilla Creme Brulee Valrhona Chocolate

Mar 23, 2014

Went here on date night and enjoyed some drinks on the outdoor patio bar prior to dining. I have to say, it felt like we weren't even in the centre of the CBD as it was pretty quiet and chilled out.

Nice selection of food. My partner had the steak which probably a little bit underdone but they quickly fixed this up. I ended up having a fish dish which was delicious.

Pretty cool decor and waitstaff were very friendly and attentive. A very pleasant evening all up.

Jun 12, 2013

My husband and I dined at this restaurant on a voucher deal. The level of service we received upon arrival and during the evening was excellent. The meals offered on the deal were a selection off the regular menu but the servings were generous and well prepared. The wine choice was limited to 2 whites and 2 reds, we chose the Pinot, which was excellent. We will definitely be going back. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Mar 01, 2013

Food  8      Service  1      Value  3

Alarm bells rang when our waitress could not tell us the specials without asking someone else. Our concerns were confirmed when, after finishing our starters, she asked if they had arrived. We had to bite our tongue despite the desire to just say, "no, but we could like some clean plates". Worse still was the wine we drank was not what we ordered and ended up being twice the price. The finishing touch was being told we had finished the wine to discover later 1/4 of the bottle remained. Terrible service.

Feb 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Steel Bar with a voucher deal and we very much enjoyed it. The grilled calamari dish was very tender and tasty and stuffed zucchini flowers were crispy with great filling. My steak was perfectly cooked and presented. Husband's salmon cooked just the way he likes it, slightly rare in the middle.

The side dish of beetroot, rocket and fetta was great and went very well with both of our main courses. We chose the bottle of Pinot Noir which was part of the deal and loved it, great choice. We then shared the special dessert which was the Opera Cake. Not something I would normally choose but glad I did. Not too sweet, moist and went well with a glass of dessert wine. We would be very happy to return soon to try some of the other dishes on the menu.

Nov 18, 2012

Decided to have dinner at Steel as it appeared accessible and was close to our Accommodation. Once seated at a table, we were greeted by a waiter who we both had great difficulty in understanding. I had read great reviews but was very disappointed. Tried the fried zucchini flowers which would have gone down a hit if the stuffing was removed.

My steak was excellent but the grilled chicken breast was left on the plate uneaten even after advising the senior waiter that it was not cooked. He replied "this is how it is always presented, the chicken is steamed and then chargrilled?" I requested it to be cooked be chargrilled once again. When the chicken was brought back to the table the senior waiter again explained the whole process of how the chicken was prepared and cooked, I stated "I have steamed chicken before and it has never been pink, slimy and chewy."

I wouldn't feed this dish to my beloved canine! and to top the whole experience, water is charged at a higher rate than lemonade....Only positive note was the decor and atmosphere, very modern and chic...

Nov 18, 2012

Used Spreets voucher and had no problems using this and was actually added on the menu to know what was included. Service was great, courteous staff. Food was quick and tasted great. Grabbed some desserts also and these were both divine.

Sep 29, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Steel Bar and Grill Vanilla Creme Brulee Valrhona Chocolate

Special Offers for Steel Bar and Grill

Special Offers Special Offer Friday Happy Hour

The balcony bar comes alive daily from 4pm with Steel Bar & Grill's renowned happy hour. Unwind from a day’s work with $5 wine, vodka, beer, scotch, gin and tequila, available Monday through Friday from 4-7pm and Saturday 6-9pm.

Valid to 1st Dec 2015