Steel Bar & Grill

Private Room

EFTPos
Diners

Overview of Steel Bar & Grill

Steel Bar and Grill offers a unique dining experience within a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere. A prominent and renowned venue in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, it’s a sleek urban oasis designed by one of Sydney’s most notorious designers, Michael McCann. Every aspect of the main dining area, outdoor terrace and Private Dining Room is dramatic and awe-inspiring.

With a reputation of excellence in quality, presentation and service, Steel Bar and Grill lends itself exquisitely to any occasion whether it is a social gathering for a drink or to satisfy the discerning diner with that gourmet palate. We can accommodate you and your guest’s every need and be sure to make your next occasion an original and unforgettable one.

Our team of talented Chefs overseen by acclaimed Executive Damian Heads for the Steel and Pony Group, and led by Head Chef Nick Raitt, offer a delicious and tempting Modern Australian menu for you and your guests.

Add a Review for Steel Bar & Grill

User Reviews of Steel Bar & Grill, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

When first entering this establishment, you are welcomed by courteous staff and the enticing wood smoke fragrance within. We dined for a mid-week lunch and this venue was well occupied which is always a good sign. After starting with bread and olives we shared the Baked Holy Goat “La Luna” entree, comprising of goats cheese, beetroot and candied pecans, which was light and flavoursome.

For mains we decided on the Milly Hill Lamb Rump with Braised shoulder, harissa eggplant, cumin yoghurt and dukkah crumb, which was a delightful contrast of two lamb cuts and the O’Connor Pasture Fed Scotch Fillet (250gr) which was perfectly cooked with mild smoke flavour accompanied by a side of Steamed Broccolini and Kale.

Wait staff were very attentive and informative and scheduling of courses was perfect. To conclude a fine dining occasion we ordered coffee and desserts of Valrhona Chocolate and Vanilla Creme Brulee which were beautifully presented and a perfect way to finish a most enjoyable dining experience. Aesthetically, steel mesh plays a part in the visuals of the restaurant decor which is both different and pleasing.

We dined utilising a discount offer so value for money was quite acceptable. Overall, this was a most pleasing restaurant which we would recommend and consider returning another time.

Vanilla Creme Brulee Valrhona Chocolate

Mar 23, 2014

Went here on date night and enjoyed some drinks on the outdoor patio bar prior to dining. I have to say, it felt like we weren't even in the centre of the CBD as it was pretty quiet and chilled out.

Nice selection of food. My partner had the steak which probably a little bit underdone but they quickly fixed this up. I ended up having a fish dish which was delicious.

Pretty cool decor and waitstaff were very friendly and attentive. A very pleasant evening all up.

Jun 12, 2013

My husband and I dined at this restaurant on a voucher deal. The level of service we received upon arrival and during the evening was excellent. The meals offered on the deal were a selection off the regular menu but the servings were generous and well prepared. The wine choice was limited to 2 whites and 2 reds, we chose the Pinot, which was excellent. We will definitely be going back. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Mar 01, 2013

Food  8      Service  1      Value  3

Alarm bells rang when our waitress could not tell us the specials without asking someone else. Our concerns were confirmed when, after finishing our starters, she asked if they had arrived. We had to bite our tongue despite the desire to just say, "no, but we could like some clean plates". Worse still was the wine we drank was not what we ordered and ended up being twice the price. The finishing touch was being told we had finished the wine to discover later 1/4 of the bottle remained. Terrible service.

Feb 20, 2013

My husband and I went to Steel Bar with a voucher deal and we very much enjoyed it. The grilled calamari dish was very tender and tasty and stuffed zucchini flowers were crispy with great filling. My steak was perfectly cooked and presented. Husband's salmon cooked just the way he likes it, slightly rare in the middle.

The side dish of beetroot, rocket and fetta was great and went very well with both of our main courses. We chose the bottle of Pinot Noir which was part of the deal and loved it, great choice. We then shared the special dessert which was the Opera Cake. Not something I would normally choose but glad I did. Not too sweet, moist and went well with a glass of dessert wine. We would be very happy to return soon to try some of the other dishes on the menu.

Nov 18, 2012

Decided to have dinner at Steel as it appeared accessible and was close to our Accommodation. Once seated at a table, we were greeted by a waiter who we both had great difficulty in understanding. I had read great reviews but was very disappointed. Tried the fried zucchini flowers which would have gone down a hit if the stuffing was removed.

My steak was excellent but the grilled chicken breast was left on the plate uneaten even after advising the senior waiter that it was not cooked. He replied "this is how it is always presented, the chicken is steamed and then chargrilled?" I requested it to be cooked be chargrilled once again. When the chicken was brought back to the table the senior waiter again explained the whole process of how the chicken was prepared and cooked, I stated "I have steamed chicken before and it has never been pink, slimy and chewy."

I wouldn't feed this dish to my beloved canine! and to top the whole experience, water is charged at a higher rate than lemonade....Only positive note was the decor and atmosphere, very modern and chic...

Nov 18, 2012

Used Spreets voucher and had no problems using this and was actually added on the menu to know what was included. Service was great, courteous staff. Food was quick and tasted great. Grabbed some desserts also and these were both divine.

Sep 29, 2012

I liked this place although there is nothing particularly exciting about it. The fit out is modern and the kitchen open to the dining room. Chairs are really comfortable which makes a nice change.

Does a good steak and wine list is more than adequate. Service was good and I expect this is the sort of place that you would come to if you did not want to be too challenged by the menu and were looking for a reliable, honest experience.

Prices I thought were very reasonable.

Sep 20, 2012

I brought a voucher at spreet, and come here for dinner with my friend. The place is nice for dinner. We love the ambience. Staff are all nice and friendly. Their food come on time, and are soooo yummy! We will definitely come back again.

Sep 07, 2012

Dine last week for lunch, everything as great, nice menu,service. Went back dinner and was disapointed, steak came butterfly style never had this before (terrible). Service was slow for a quiet wednesday night. Had to ask were our mains were after 40mins. That lost me, you should never have to ask.Will proably go back for a drink only next time.

Jul 23, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Steel Bar & Grill Steel Bar & Grill Steel Bar & Grill Steel Bar & Grill Steel Bar & Grill Steel Bar & Grill Vanilla Creme Brulee Valrhona Chocolate « 1 of 8 photos »

Related Editorial Content for Steel Bar & Grill