Skara Bar

Delivery, Pick Up and Catering
Menulog Delivery and Pickup

Has Cafe

Order Delivery or Pickup from Skara Bar
  • Free to order with no markup!
  • Cash or credit | Instant confirmation
  • Over 1 million meals delivered!
Order Now

Add a Review for Skara Bar

User Reviews of Skara Bar, Randwick

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Dined there this week and had the combo platter. At $45 per person it wasn't value for money. Maybe some other combination might have delivered same amount of food for cheaper price.

Mobile Review Jul 03, 2014

Skara Bar is an excellent eatery. The food is always terrific, with generous portions and the wait staff are attentive, friendly and a real pleasure. Can get a bit noisy but it is a Greek restaurant after all. Our favourite restaurant at the Spot, surrounded by plenty of strong competition.

Jul 19, 2013

Being a local I've visited Skara Bars several times but hadn't dined there for around two years. Returning with a Cudo voucher, I was pleased to see that the food and service I remember was just as good, if not better.

Our waitress was lovely and made our dining experience very pleasant. The portions were Very generous and we found ourselves struggling to eat our way through our shared entree platter and two mains. The roast lamb was absolutely divine, will definitely be going back for it.

Oct 15, 2012

After being refused entry to another restaurant due to them losing our booking *cough espeto cough*, we decided to go to skara bar.

Food was served promptly and was extremely well cooked. Wait staff were very efficient, though not entirely friendly (not to say they were rude, just impersonal). Serving sizes were very decent and even though some of the dishes may be a tiny bit pricier than I'm used to, I was happy paying that amount for the quality of food and the proportion size.

Sep 18, 2012

Good food-nothing earth shattering, but generous portions and value for money. Good greek salad and seafood/meat platters. Service also very good.

Sep 02, 2012

Last night we ate at Skara by default, my husband and I had a booking at a nearby restaurant that we walked out of due to appalling service. From the moment we walked into Skara we were impressed, the Waiter found us a table we had menus and drinks within minutes.

The food was fantastic and very generous servings. The owners were very hospitable, we will be back and we will be recommending to our friends. Thank you for a great night out.

Feb 26, 2012

Great restaurant with great food, wonderful service and fabulous value! Will definitely return!

Feb 12, 2012

I absolutely love greek cuisine and came to this restaurant for the first time a few years ago. The first time left me fairly unimpressed (the food was nothing special) but this time as a group we were at the spot and wanting to get a table at El Bulli, unfortunately, they were all booked.

We decided to go to Skara Bar, I ate lamb which was tough and tasted pretty terrible, my friends weren't too impressed with their meals either, apart from the disappointment of such bad food, the lack of customer service and rude management left me with a bad taste.

I will definitely not be going there again and after such a bad experience will tell my family and friends what a terrible place it is.

Dec 17, 2011

Me and a friend with Greek descent spontaneously rocked up on a Saturday night without reservation. The place was packed but the waitress managed to quickly find us a table outside. We advised the waitress that we had BYO and she asked us whether it's white or red so she could get the appropriate glass which was nice cause mid-price-ranged restaurants in Sydney no longer look into details of glassware often enough these days.

For mezze we just had octopus. It was very tender yet maintained a subtle chewy texture. Lightly seasoned with sea salt and olive oil, plated on a bed of mixed leaves. Nothing fancy but simplicity was all it needed. For those who loves olive oil like me, you can ask for more which would come in a cute cruet and is rather strong (grassy). The only trivial downside was that the octopus wasn't served with lemon until we asked for it, which my Greek friend find it unauthentic.

For main we both had chicken. Mine was Athenian chicken that came in generous portion(2 pieces of chicken breasts) yet it was so easy to go down that even a non-meat fan like me nearly finished it all. It surprised me with two unusual characteristics of a chicken breast- tenderness and flavoursome. Topped with slices of grilled eggplant, yellow capsicum and halumi. The rich tomato-based sauce poured all over it. The rice in the bottom that soaked up the juice from the veges and chicken had really gave my appetite a kick. I was very impressed by the rice.

Being Asian I know my rice well, let it be basmanti, brown rice, spanish calasparra or abrorio, also as a girl i'm quite selective of my carbs. But this Greek rice was just about as tempting as the Catalan paella I had in a upmarket deli/bistro in Barcelona, especially when it had all the flavours of mouth-watering grilled veges and chicken. Yum!! The dish my friend ordered was served on a bed of pilaf which was seasoned with lemon and parsley, giving the rice a beautiful fragrant flavour which tasted a bit like the g'd old fried rice.

Without over-describing it, you should definitely give this place ago. I wouldn't know how the seafood mains are like but the Athenian chicken is definitely recommended. Bon appetit!

Nov 15, 2011

My girlfriends and I decided to go for something other than the standard Thai at the Spot and we were pleasantly surprised by Skara Bar.

We ate (or indulged in) a number of mezethes plates and then went for 2 platters, 1 seafood and 1 BBQ platter, both which were fabulously cooked and absolutely delicious. Being too full wasn't an option and we all went for the tradional greek dessert (I won't even try and pronounce it!) and a passionfruit cheesecake...Yum!

The service was great, the staff were upbeat and friendly and the energy in the place was buzzing. We will definitely go back and just not eat quite as much food!

Nov 04, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Featured Offers

Jah Bar » Manly
    50% Off Food Bill (Dinner). Book online now!

Get news, specials and deals