Seven Lanterns

Bookings are preferred
Ph 02 9522 2422
SMS 0439 001 541
email 7lanterns@gmail.com
Pls specify when booking to be seated @ Teppan bar (max 8)

Teppanyaki Bar
Linear seating around Teppan (NO FOOD THROWING)
Seating Capacity 8

Tue to Sun from 6pm
Remarks
Pls let us know when booking to be seated @Teppan bar (max 8)
Lunch available for Function
Open on Christmas Eve
Open on New Years Eve

Bottled Wine Only
Corkage Per Person $3.00

Specialties

• 'Angus Beef' : Black Angus Steak with Honey Roasted Soy Sauce
  • 'Emperor's Prawn' : Seafood Sauce on Teppan-grilled King Prawn
  • 'Beef Rib Hot Pot' : Slow cooked Short Rib in Garlic & Caramelised Onion Reduction
  • Sticky Date Pudding in Melting Caramel Sauce with ice cream

Gault et Millau - One Chef Hat

Dimmi Best Degustation Sydney

Dimmi Best Asian Restaurant Sydney

Overview of Seven Lanterns

The menu specialising in degustation constantly evolving through collaboration and conflicting influence of 4 young & ambitious resident Chefs - Japanese, Korean, Mediterranean and French Pastry, providing sumptuous Fine Dining experience amongst Art & Antique Decor. Strong emphasis on Quality of Produce and Presentation rather than entertainment (No food throwing). Upper level seating up to 70 with a seperate bar has a classic and intimate setting suitable for any type of function.

Add a Review for Seven Lanterns

User Reviews of Seven Lanterns, Sylvania

Page: previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Been here a couple of times. The food is always beautiful. The servings aren't big but you're paying for quality not quantity. The hot pot would have to be my favourite so far. The meat was so tender and beautifully flavoured. The sake sangria is also a must try.

The place is beautifully decorated. Service is always great and David is very welcoming. Will definitely come again!

Response from Management:
    Thanks for your review, kabuki.princess. Our chefs and I are currently discussing the best way to present your favorite dish, beef rib (hot pot) into our degustation course. So hopefully on your next visit you may enjoy the beef rib as a part of the course.

Jan 21, 2012

Took my boyfriend for dinner the other night as a surprise for his birthday and he was more than pleasantly surprised, actually we both were. The food was fantastic, the decor was simple but appropriate and the service was terrific. After there being a misunderstanding with our order, we were apologised to immediately and the rest of the night went without a hitch.

I am now trying to work out who else I can bring to this gem of a restaurant!

Response from Management:
    Thanks for being so understanding, jakjak247. But it is often the case that a customer becomes our regulars after we apologise and correct our booboos! In fact, I have yet to face a customer who did not forgive when we admitted our mistake and apologised. Not too difficult at all.

Jan 12, 2012

People here has already mention its Atlantic salmon roll and the Emperor's Prawns as the recommended choices from the menu. I would like to elaborate on the service part which I felt extremely cozy and warm.

A lot of dining places would have quite friendly waiters or waitress and they are most likely to ask you "how you like this dish?" after they serve or take away the plate. But this is rather a vague question, how am I suppose to answer this kind of answer? No, I don't like it or yes, very nice.

The owner of Seven lanterns take a different approach. Take an example, The first dish which we have is the gyoza (fried dumpling) and the owner said to me "there is a little chilli in here and it might be very hot" And I ate it and when he come back he said "wah, u finishes the chilli too. Good, I assume you like it then." this is really nice and cozy communication rather than force you into a essay about how you like or dislike the food.

I had also order a pot of jasmine tea yesterday and when it was served, David told me to wait on bit and let it brew for a while first. How many time you will hear a waiter to tell u on such things at the other restaurant? And on the third refill, David had even put some new tea into the pot just to enhance the flavor. Attention to details! Bravo!

These kind of little conversations really build up a close bond between the customer and the chef. So I guess the service skills are really different and stand out from the crowd.

Other than that, the sauce in the Atlantic salmon roll and the Emperor's Prawns are really something. I have been to tetsuya's (the three hat restaraunt on Kent street serving modern fusion french style japanese cuisine) and I can say that their sauce is just as good as the tetsuya's. Maybe the choice of fresh ingredient is not as good as tetsuya's, but you only pay $50 instead of $180.

Finally, the dessert is bit of average through and that's probably I am not a sorbet fan.

Response from Management:
    OK, OK! I heard you, xwb37. We will drop sorbet. Just because you said it is bit of average. And just because you're not a sorbet fan.

Scared you didn't I, xwb37! Oh.. the things we do to our loyal customers. But we're indeed stop serving sorbet as of Feb 1. It was our 'summer' special. I just wanted you to be the first to know. Thank you for wonderful review!

Jan 12, 2012

Just joined eatability just to share how great this restaurant is. Had dinner with my 3 best friends back in Nov and honestly, there is not a single fault to this place. Travelled over an hour here and did 2 loops of the bridge haha but all worth the drive! Made my friends promise to have my next birthday dinner here. We had the Royale menu. Even loved the music in the background. David are you are 'turbo' fan haha.

Response from Management:
    I wrote a ittle tune for you, hope you like it.
    "Here we go around the Tom Uglys Bridge~~ Tom Uglys Bridge~~"
    Thanks for making such an effort to come see us!
    David
    PS. I'm not gonna admit that I'm a Turbo fan.
    That would give away my age, MmmmYummy!

Dec 30, 2011

While researching a place in the local area, I came across Seven Lanterns on eatability. We had the Royale menu, absolutely delicious and I agree with the previous reviewers, this is now one of my favourite restaurants in the Shire. Standout dishes were the Atlantic salmon roll and the Emperor's Prawn. Service was warm, friendly and professional. Our group had a great evening. We will be back!

Response from Management:
    You used the term I want to hear the most describing us - "warm".
    With training, one can be taught to be friendly and professional, but warm, it cannot be learnt. You have to genuinely enjoy the company of others. And we do. You made my day, Lori_!

Dec 28, 2011

Thank Goodness the Shire has you Seven Lanterns! Dined here last night with my husband, we were very lucky to get a last minute booking. Very friendly welcome upon arrival, wonderful ambience and the food was fantastic. The interior design is very tasteful, just like the food. We had the Royale Menu for $50.00 a head.

Our young waitress was lovely, however, originally seated us in a corner near a cheerful group of ladies celebrating a birthday....not the best place to seat a couple wanting a quiet dinner together so we asked to move to the lounge at the other end of the room and that request was accommodated without any problem. Great value for money, we will definitely return, next time might bring some friends along so we can share the love x

Response from Management:
    Thank Goodness 'Seven Lanterns' has you, Kima! It is such a great feeling to be recognised for the ambience and interior as much as the food we serve. I truely believe that a restaurant these days must provide a 'dining experience' (and share the love x!)

Dec 11, 2011

Dined at Seven Lanterns last night. This place is a real foodies delight. Every dish was to die for, flavour, presentation, freshness and of course the service is fabulous. You know it is good when the owner greets everyone at the door and makes you feel special. This is the second visit and I can't wait to go back. It won't disappoint.

Response from Management:
    Thanks for the great review, hesperides31. When I was a grasshopper, my master told me "Be good to those already in your restaurant, then they bring others. You no need to advertise"

Seven Lanterns has yet to advertise in any form or shape.

Nov 28, 2011

Not bad at all, food was above average and service was great. Although, the teppanyaki part of the restaurant isn't what you would expect. It's a teppanyaki table without the part where they throw food at you & interact with you. I have to admit, this place is a tiny bit over-rated. I had quite high expectations seeing the reviews online. But overall, above average & had a good dining experience.

Response from Management:
    I appreciate such high score from you (I have read your other reviews!) And I am sorry we do not have the usual food throwing entertainment that other Teppanyaki restaurants have but the dry cleaning bill was getting too much for us. We'll however try harder to satisfy your tastebud instead.

Nov 28, 2011

Had dinner last night at this, what I believe to be a rather overlooked gem of a restaurant. You can tell care has been taken in every aspect, even the entrance is quite a surprise and very nicely done.

We had the new $50 Royale menu, which was exceptional quality and value. My wife could have had 5 of those beautiful prawns and the beef steak was juicy and was the highlight of all the dishes, but they were all excellent.

I'd love to come back and try the Kimchi Pork Belly and the Imperial Beef Rib Hot Pot and I have a feeling I will be quite soon. You definitely feel you're being looked after. David is a gracious host and you can tell he's very proud of his establishment. Good luck to you David.

Response from Management:
    I'm glad you & your wife enjoyed the new Royale, Smudger78. You see, all my chefs want to be (or some already act like) celebrity star chefs so they try their utmost to show off their craft. Lucky me!

Nov 20, 2011

Probably one of the best restaurants in the Sutherland Shire! We had a fantastic meal last night with a large group and enjoyed the new 'Royale' menu. Everything was delicious, obviously a great deal of thought has gone into the menu. The sake cocktails are awesome and something a bit different. A few hiccups with the service but overall a great dining experience. David is very attentive and will make sure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves, which is a nice personal touch. Can't wait to go back for a meal at the teppan grill.

Response from Management:
    Oh catty80, you came on the night the 'New Royale' was launched and you still have nice things to say about us! It wasn't a hiccup, it was more like a 'throw up'! Thanks for being so understanding. But then maybe it was the Sake Sangria.

Nov 06, 2011

Page: previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Entrance Soft Shell Crab (Photo by NQN) Beef Rib (Photo by NQN) Salmon Roll (Photo by NQN) Emperor's Prawn (Photo by NQN) Dessert (Photo by NQN) Seven Lanterns Ummm.... Creamy Miso Scallops Don Katsu Nuggets.. New Seafood Roll « 1 of 10 photos »