Ribs and Rumps

Mon to Fri Noon - 3pm
Sat to Sun Noon - 10pm
Mon to Fri 5pm - 10pm

Overview of Ribs and Rumps

Ribs and Rumps is where good times sizzle. From its humble beginnings in Manly, one of Sydney’s most popular seaside destinations over 13 years ago, Ribs and Rumps has now gone international with its sizzling steaks and finger-licking ribs!

At Ribs and Rumps only the finest lazy-aged steaks are served. All our meat is carefully selected, then well hung and matured to perfection, before being basted in our secret basting and grilled to order. The Ribs and Rumps menu teems with surprises - there is something for everyone.

Add a Review for Ribs and Rumps

User Reviews of Ribs and Rumps, Homebush Bay

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

We went on a weeknight, and seriously, lack of parking in this precinct would prevent us from bothering again. Metered, or $4 an hour tickets, are the options, and we saw rangers booking people for overstaying at 8pm at night. I mean really, is this the way the government wants to have themselves perceived? Is this how they reward small business, by driving away and discouraging their customers?

Anyway, enough of the rant, on to the food. We had a group of 12 with a Red Balloon 'experience' voucher for each couple. We started with cheesy bread which was pure indulgence, a huge entrée of wings, sausage, rubbery calamari and fried potato wedges. Then for the mains, we were served an obscene amount of three different types of ribs, steak, chips or jacket potatoes. The pork ribs were beautiful, the lamb and beef ribs were so so. Steak was nice, but overdone for my liking. Even though we were entitled to dessert, it wasn't asked for by us as we were too full, and I found it interesting that no one asked us if we wanted it, even as they eventually cleaned our plates it seemed conveniently forgotten.

Service was lousy, slow all night, we were left for ages with dirty plates in front of us, and at one stage in frustration we actually had to go to the bar to get our own drinks and fresh glasses. It was very busy here though, so somehow it must hitting the spot with punters. Given all that, pretty sure we won't be rushing back.

Apr 09, 2014

This was such an unknown "strip" at Olympic Park for me. Just didn't know it existed even though it's right next to the rail station. Three of us went for lunch yesterday and sat in the sun and as I suppose it as a Monday pretty quiet. The menu looked really good with huge meals. We decided on the Platter for Two entree dish (2 boerewors sausages, calamari and buffalo wings) and an entree dish of buffalo wings. The meal was delicious and service prompt. If we come back again I'd love to try the ribs but will share as it looks like a big serving.

Jul 30, 2013

Dropped in here one night after attending Supanova which was across the street. It was just a small group of us and we enjoyed what we ordered, including calamari, cheeseburger, fries, onion rings and a few other sides. Service was a tad slow, but it was friendly. Reasonably priced and a decent enough night out, so all 7's from me.

Jul 09, 2013

Went to Ribs and Rumps at Auburn (Actually in Olympic Park) at 6.30pm on a public holiday. The restaurant had plenty of empty tables. We were greeted with the question 'do you have a reservation' to which we said no but it was just the two of us. We were sat at a table and told we needed to be finished and out by 8pm. I've never been told this before in a restaurant but said that should be fine.

We were given drink and dinner menus and left to look them over. We decided to treat ourselves and have a nice cocktail. I wanted to have the 'Wet Watermelon' and my partner decided on 'Monkey on Fire' to which we were told 'I'm sorry but we don't have any red cocktail ingredients so you can't have'...and then he pointed out on the menu all the cocktails we couldn't have. I asked for a bit more time to browse before deciding. So now having decided on the meal and drink, I selected the 1/2 rack pork ribs with baby potatoes and sour cream. My partner, the combo with steak, lamb and beef ribs.

The meals came in good time. However, no sour cream with my potatoes. I asked for this and was told, 'yes', they would be back in a minute with the sour cream'. Twenty mins later, I was advised that there was no sour cream available. No offer of a different side dish. My partners requested a medium rare steak, the steak he received was so bloody and at least one third just fat, that he didn't eat it.

When going to pay at the end, the girl taking payment asked how the meal was and I said that I had to be honest and told her the issues. I was a little disappointed that there was no offer to comp any part of the meal or give a discount. I was not a happy customer and considering that the bill came to over $100 for the two of us, it certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't think that I will bother with Ribs and Rumps again. It was the first time I had been there and it will definitely be the last.

Apr 26, 2013

Firstly this is a isolated place,with free parking at night but only street parking around. If there is a event on, your unlikely to find a park close to here

We entered and stood around for at least 10 minutes. There seemed to be only one person who brings someone to there seats and is at the register, which meant, unluckily for me, that a whole bunch of tables were paying at the same time,which meant we stood there while other staff just walked past us. They look like they have plenty of staff but also too rigid that come break there designated role and help us. There was a line building behind us too.

Once seated the service was excellent, polite, the food came out quickly

We tried the ribs and chicken, the chicken had this peri peri mild sauce which was great, the ribs though were burnt and my pork ribs didn't have much meat on it (I know, its ribs!)

Price wise, its not cheap but had no issues using my entertainment book card.

Ambience wise, there interior is nicely decorated, and there is outdoor seating.

Overall I did like the food but didn't like the wait. The ribs didn't have to be that burnt, I'm assuming its better to book ahead, we came a sunday night and it looked quite busy!

Sept 11th, 2009
    Got here around 5.10 pm so there was barely anyone there. I only tried the chicken burger and it was good. Ambience, its nicely decorated inside and its really clean. Service was quick and polite and they came by to ask if we needed anything.

Value, just like one of my workmates, he said its good food but pricey and I agree, he said he won't come back but I will give this place another go but will be weary of the cost.

Apr 15, 2013

I took my cousin here from overseas for some steak and ribs. I was bitterly disappointed. What happened to the good old days when Ribs and Rumps was awesome. I have only been happy once out of 4 visits in the last year (why do I bother going for more?). I ordered a rib eye and asked for a medium rare and received a butchered medium well.

My Cousin disliked the steak but loved the ribs. I would give the food quality rating a 3 if it wasn't for ribs.

Come here if all your choice of steakhouses are booked out or can't be bothered travelling. Please note, this is not a reflection of the ribs and rumps in other locations.

Hope this helps.

Mar 09, 2013

Thought we would try some place new for a special celebration dinner. Won't be doing that again. We ordered the surf n turf and the beef ribs and 400g rump. Surf n turf was tiny and half of the rump was fat. As with the 400g rump. Terrible and chewy. Greatly disappointed with the food and extremely costly for such poor tasting food. I'm sure the prices are so high to cover their expensive taste in decor. And $3 for a tiny little amount of mushroom sauce. Unbelievable. When we spoke to the cashier about the poor quality food she said she would get the manager. We waited but he/she never came so we walked out.

Feb 11, 2013

Overpriced for what it is. I was expecting a really decent juicy steak, instead it was dry and overlooked. Service isn't very attentive.

Feb 04, 2013

What would have been a pretty decent dining experience was destroyed by the worst service I have ever experienced. It wasn't 'bad service' - rather, it was the lack of service. Seemed as though once the mains were served, we'd fallen off the map. Getting drinks was a nightmare. You're better off standing at the bar to order your drink, making sure you don't have to wait fifteen minutes for a glass of Coke. And I can't remember ever being at a restaurant where I wasn't asked if I wanted dessert or coffee after finishing my main.

We had to track down a menu ourselves. And nobody came to ask us if we were finished and if we're ready for the bill. I'm guessing that doing a runner at this place is easier than clicking your heels together three times.

Dec 09, 2012

I work very close to this place so have been a fair few times, hit and miss each time. After tonight's takeaway I won't be going again. Ordered the chicken breast, what I received for 22 dollars was an over cooked flat piece of chicken (about 150g) and a blob of mashed potato. Totally over priced and nothing to redeem it in terms of sauce or at least being a little juicy. Sorry rib/rumps you just lost a customer.

Nov 26, 2012