Renato's Italian Restaurant

Renato's Italian Restaurant Website

Renato's Italian Restaurant Contact Info

Italian, Pizza

Prices $$$

Average Meal Price 27 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Set Menu
Set Menus Ranging from $25 to $85. Please Contact us for more Information.

Bookings

Coffee

Coffee

User Reviews of Renato's Italian Restaurant, Coogee

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Visiting from interstate & went on a recommendation from work colleague as well as staff from Crowne Plaza - and we weren't disappointed! Fabulous meal, great staff and great service. BYO - corkage cheap compared to what we're used to at home! Had entree specials - figs (superbly cooked!) with Gorgonzola, prosciutto & balsamic glaze & warm Sicilian olives - to die for! We both had pasta for main course & I had read about serving size, so went the half serve; tortellini with mushrooms, bacon (fresh, smokey flavour) & spaghetti gamberi ( a dozenish prawns) - superb. Looking forward to eating there again in the next few days,before we go back. Prices very reasonable. Atmosphere great.

Mar 01, 2013

Dined with some friends yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. It's an incredibly popular restaurant and I could see why, my rissoto special (beef cheks, with porcini mushrooms and roasted beetroot) was delicious, very generous, well cooked without being too salty. Tried the octupos from my friend's seafood platter, tender and well-cooked; everyone else enjoyed their food (chicken maryland & greek lamb salad)and the service was friendly and pretty effcient. Prices are very reasonable for Sydney - $30 for a main and glass of wine. It's a hike from where I live, but will definitely bring visitors here after a day at the beach.

Feb 17, 2013

A great little Italian on Coogee Bay Road. The Boscaiola was super! The servings were good and the service was very pleasant. Will call again.

Dec 11, 2012

Nice night, nice calamari, nice pizza!

Aug 29, 2012

I think the new management have turned around the service here. Been there a few times as of late and it's great food with great service. I found the staff very attentive but beyond that, a few characters working there. Overall, I would recommend it for large tasty Italian portions.

I had a small birthday party there and the chef did some special requests as I asked in advance. Overall , I feel you can count on a pleasant dining experience while sampling the delights of Coogee beach :-) I'll be back.

Aug 20, 2012

I haven't been to Renato's in years, however, tried it for my sister's birthday last Saturday night. We were all very happy with the food and service, I really think it has improved over the years. We were a table of 8 so I got to taste a few of the meals and they were all very tasty and big servings. The service was great, the Italian waitress was lovely. Will definitely be going back!

May 16, 2012

My family and I had an amazing meal here last night. Very kid friendly with a great kids menu. The food was just lovely and the staff were fantastic.

Mar 25, 2012

My husband and I came for lunch with my husband.Being a local we kept hearing that there were inconsistencies in food and service. We were pleasantly surprised with both the meal and service. I loved the veal parmigiana and the salt & pepper calamari was perfection. Waitress was very helpful with suggestions and friendly. I found out there is new management. We will return, definitely!

Feb 29, 2012

I was there for an early dinner with a big group of about 15 and after going upstairs and coming back downstairs again and they giving us 2 separate tables, we managed to suggest a change and sit altogether. The young waitresses weren't over friendly but not rude either. Although they pushed for us to eat early before the evening crowd, we had a leisurely entree and took our time with the main meal.

The waitress who took our order was very accommodating with our changes in the menu but some orders got mixed up. The servings are not only very generous but tasty. I am going there again tonight!

Feb 15, 2012

Went for a Sunday lunch using a Living Social voucher and really enjoyed our meal. For drinks we had iced coffees which were made fresh with a shot of espresso and served sugar free. The veal parmigiana consisted of veal mini-steaks with lavish home-made marinara sauce, grilled eggplant and melted mozzarella cheese. Very yummy indeed! My husband had the grilled barramundi which was also very nice. Both mains were served on a bed of steamed broccoli and carrots with a couple of potato wedges. Well presented, fresh and tasting great. The service was speedy and attentive. Only negative was perhaps the seating as it felt a bit cramped, with too many tables very near one another and 2 rows of seats, with one row perched on a slightly raised platform. Not much room to move around. We were lucky it was quiet at 2pm. having said that, most other restaurants around there seemed to be equally "cramped". Will definitely recommend.

Feb 12, 2012