Raymond's at Northbridge

Parking

Free Parking

Add a Review for Raymond's at Northbridge

User Reviews of Raymond's at Northbridge

Raymond's seems to competently straddle the need to cater for the somewhat plain tastes of many of its Gweilo customers and yet offer some exciting and immensely satisfying authentic Chinese dishes. Raymond is an obliging and engaging host who seemed to know most of the other diners in the restaurant. Prices do tend to be on the high side. Happily recommended.

Jun 12, 2013

Reasonable standard food for a suburban Chinese restaurant, but significantly over-priced. Obviously serves an affluent local clientele who want reasonable food and are prepared to pay top dollar. Much better value available in neighbouring suburbs.

Jun 17, 2012

Good local Chinese place. Huge menu. Very fresh ingredients. I enjoy the old honky favourites like sweet and sour pork and fried rice but they have many other dishes too. Mainland type. Good variety. Raymond and Barry make the place quite entertaining.

Jun 01, 2012

I recently discovered this Chinese neighbourhood restaurant. I was surprised how busy the restaurant was on a Friday at lunch time. It was nearly packed by mostly locals and regulars. Quite a number of working people as well. The host seems to know quite a number of their diners and were very friendly, giving kisses and hugs. It was nice to be walking into a warm and welcoming atmosphere.

We ordered 2 dishes for lunch, combination seafood chow mien and prawns cooked in XO sauce. Both dishes were done well. Seafood chow mien was surprising lovely unlike the unusual fair. Noodle was crispy, topped with seafood cooked in starchy sauce with some shredded ginger.

The prawns in XO sauce was fine, I thought it would be a tad spicy like what you would usually get when you order pipis in XO sauce but I didn't mind it. Prawns were medium size and I like it when they don't "jazz" up the prawns to make them super crunchy. Both dishes were good.

Service was attentive as I didn't expect that a little restaurant in a suburb will have these kind of service, serving you a portion on your plate when a dish arrive, check if we were fine with the food. I'd come again for dinner with a couple of friends so that I could try out more dishes.

Aug 19, 2011

We have been here twice now and found the meal to be over priced and disappointing. The meals have lacked flavour and some items were served luke warm. Single tables are too small for more than two people.

We found the wait staff intrusive, pushing hot teapots under and across our nose to pour for another seat and distributing portions without asking if we even wanted some of that menu item. This style of service may be seen as attentive by some but we found it really annoying.

Our waiter failed to deliver a simple entrée as ordered correctly although we went over it a number of times. He would not listen. We didn’t worry about sweets or coffee.

Jun 05, 2011

Sensational, I have been going to Raymonds since I was a kid and living in Mosman. Now living in Northbridge and Raymond has followed me. Beautiful food, always fresh and always comes to the table hot. I recomend any of the freshly made dumplings made onsite almost daily and also the many special creations you can ask for even if it isn't on the menu. If it can be done it will be done as long as there isn't a queue out the door on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. Going with more thatn 4 people, I suggest calling to make a booking.

Nov 15, 2010

Food was Ok, tasty enough. Lamb pancakes are nice. Prices are a bit on the expensive side for what it is, but not unreasonable. Bring your own baby chair. The harness is broken on the restaurant's high chair.

Oct 08, 2010

We used to go at Raymond in neutral bay, care of a friend then lost track, till we found it has moved to Northbridge tacked away in the little plaza with a much better accessibility. Glad Raymond is still around. Food is always good and Raymond a great friendly host.

Oct 06, 2010

We used to go to this place now and then when it was located in Neutral Bay. We recently discovered it had started up again in Northbridge and thought we would try it out. It was more upmarket at Neutral Bay, they have replaced the suits for polos and caps. Food was a little disappointing, they seem to have gone downmarket but the prices are still upmarket.

Jun 26, 2010

It's completely outrageous that Raymond's is so close to my home. I have to say that the food is excellent, I usually have the Beef with XO sauce, a lovely burnished taste with great proportions of meat and vegetables. The Lamb pancakes are always a great starter. My real favourite is a simple dish, Chicken with Ginger and Shallot, its a simple dish but so tasty.

I sometimes have the short soup, what I really like is that the dumplings are fresh and made on site. If any criticism and its pretty minor, I wish that some effort would be made with a chinese dessert. Perhaps, some coconut jelly might get a better rating. In all - I would really recommend Raymonds.

Jun 06, 2010