Quay

SMH Good Food Guide 2013 - Three Chef's Hats & Restaurant of the Year

Australian Gourmet Traveller 2013 - Restaurant of the Year

Australian Gourmet Traveller 2013 - Three Stars

2013

The Australian Hot 50 Restaurant Awards 2013 - Hottest Restaurant & Hottest Restaurant NSW

2012

SMH Good Food Guide 2012 - Three Chef's Hats & Chef Of The Year: Peter Gilmore

2012

The World's 50 Best Restaurants 2012 - Rank No. 29

more…

Overview of Quay

Voted as one of the World's Best Restaurants, Quay offers the most amazing views stretching from the Opera House to the Harbour Bridge. The innovative food is created by Peter Gilmore, the head chef and they are designed to take you on the journey of the best dining experience. Private functions or romantic fine dining, you will find yourself in good hands at Quay.

Add a Review for Quay

User Reviews of Quay, The Rocks

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

We were seated in the upstairs room with a fantastic view in all directions. The service was excellent: friendly, informative and unobtrusive. We had the eight course tasting menu with matching wines. Every dish and wine was very good, and some of them were spectacular. It's not cheap, at about $350 per person, but it is worth it for a special occasion.

Oct 12, 2014

When you have a great meal coupled with a fantastic view of the bridge and Opera House, there's really not much to complain about! Even though the congee and XO sea was not very innovative, it was done very well. In terms of value for money, patrons are definitely paying a premium for the magnificent views.

Congee with crab XO Sea Duck

Mobile Review May 18, 2014

Went here for our anniversary in April and, while the setting is magnificent and the staff thoroughly attentive and highly knowledgeable, the food (and the cost for what you get) was a let down. I lucked out with my last course (the cheese plate) which was substantial, otherwise would have gone home hungry. They use a wide range of ingredients and the presentation of the food is beautiful but we both felt we had had better meals elsewhere for much less money. That said, they were close to full on a Thursday night, so what do I know.

May 07, 2014

I had a great experience at Quay. The staff were on the ball and very attentive. The view was amazing of course. Our annoying dietary requirements were met and we didn't feel like we were a burden at all. We had the degustation where every dish is carefully thought out and guaranteed to blow you away! The desserts were beyond incredible, including the famous snow egg. My only complaint is my Angus beef was a bit tough and chewy compared to my partners piece, which was delicate and melting in your mouth. I unfortunately didn't eat mine. I highly recommend the pineapple, coconut and feijoa dessert!

Mobile Review May 03, 2014

What a fantastic experience for a special occasion! I had high expectations and it most certainly didn't disappoint. My partner and I had the tasting menu and was worth every cent! The matching wines are also very impressive. As someone has said below, the service was faultless which contributes to the overall experience. I will definitely be back!

May 02, 2014

To celebrate my partner’s birthday, we treated ourselves for dinner at the Quay Restaurant. The view from the restaurant was fantastic, as was the attentive service.

We went for the tasting menu and the night went through some highs and lows. The slow cooked pork belly in broth and the Angus beef were excellent, while the XO (sauce) sea dish was a bit too strong. The reputed snow egg dessert would have been an excellent note to finish the meal, but the jersey cream that followed was just too rich.

@bitesizereview

blogRead more on my blog

Apr 05, 2014

Fantastic experience, snow egg was worth every penny!

Mar 06, 2014

I was invited to a friend's birthday party here a few days ago; we all had the eight course degustation. I found the dishes to be of a high standard but a tad too elaborate for my taste; this is not intended to be a criticism.

The lychee dessert was thought to be the hit of the evening by all at the table. I no longer drink alcohol but I am most impressed by the wine and spirits menu. The service was faultless.

Feb 14, 2014

Outstanding ambience and service. Food was magnificent. Each dish had a unique "personality" - unlike that another popular place ppl rave about...

Our advice to people who want to leave full and pretty, uh, "happy": Have a cocktail before you eat and smash the unlimited bread.

We got the tasting menu plus wine and although it was unbelievable we would have left a bit empty and sober had we avoided the bread and a starter cocktail. Food and wine servings were small as you'd expect!

Leaves the other popular degustations in the Sydney Restaurant Guide (compared to what we've tried at the same price) for dead. A must do. We had to book six months in advance!

Mobile Review Dec 29, 2013

Impossible not to dislike this place. The food was amazing the XO being my favourite. We had the Degustation with matching premium wines. Can fully understand the hype about Quay. Beautiful view and great coffee to finish off.

Dec 05, 2013

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Quay Restaurant Jackfruit snow egg Gentle braise of pearl oyster Pink turnips, breakfast radishes salad Tasting menu to bring home Braised Berkshire pig jowl with maltose crackling Quay Quay Quay Quay Quay Quay Quay Quay Custard apple snow egg Congee of mud crab Amuse Bouche of Smoked Eel Jelly Cant remember what this was Sea Pearls Heirloom Carrots Congee with crab XO Sea Duck

Related Editorial Content for Quay