Quadrant

Mon to Sun 7am - 11am
Mon to Fri Noon - 2pm
Mon to Sat 6pm - 10pm

Specialties

• Veal with black truffle risotto

Wheelchair Access

Restaurant Bookings

Family Dining

Child Friendly
Private Room

Add a Review for Quadrant

User Reviews of Quadrant, East Circular Quay

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Took my girlfriend for her 40th birthday & had a window view of the harbour which was very nice. Food was well presented, Duck & chicken spatchcock as the mains. Staff very helpful & friendly in explaining the main dishes. Restaurant is a nice size for those special occasions.

Jul 22, 2014

Food and atmosphere are quite good. Good consistency in food quality. Service is depending who is on duty. We have been there a few times. We will still go back for dinner.

Mobile Review Dec 29, 2013

Service was great, very attentive and friendly waiters, but then the restaurant was only 40% full that night. Food is mixed. My prawn/ crab entree is so so, but my wife's 3 scallops were good. My wagyu main was great, but the cod main my wife had was just average. Our 2 kids had fish and chips, which were also fairly standard, though inexpensive. The creme brulee isn't the best, but the ice cream was lovely. View was OK, depending on where you sit and face. We had entertainment card which gives us $25% off.

Oct 13, 2013

Went with a Scoopon voucher. The staff were very attentive without being intrusive. We were given a tasting sample of Blue Eye on a spoon to start and a selection two pieces of bread. The interesting menu was extensive and the food was delicious with large servings. I had Pork Belly, Wagu beef and a cream brûlée to die for. I would certainly go back. A beautiful restaurant with water views. What else can you ask for?

Mobile Review Jul 28, 2013

The pluses were free parking before the theatre, a reasonable price for the pre-theatre menu and the spectacular view and location.

The minuses were being offered on Dimmi free parking, and then being lectured twice that this is only for the pre-theatre menu, a mix-up with the bill, and the food.

It was OK but tasted like hotel food, i.e. not that much creativity. Warrigal greens is a great idea for a veg... but it appeared in both my starter and main. My beef was a little thin but tasty. My companion's chicken was dry. The food was OK but didn't feel like fine dining, more like OK dining and certainly not as good as when I dined here a few years ago.

The hotel did have our car waiting and out front for us when our show at the Opera House was done, so 9 stars for the front desk!

But overall a mediocre experience.

Jun 16, 2013

Went with a scoopon and like a lot of the other reviews the service was really good.
    Although I found the food kinda bland. Had scallops/blue eyed cod/ice cream sorbet mix and the ice cream was the best dish of the night (and im not a dessert person). Servings were also pretty small, added a side of beans. View and vibe so-so. Won't be back even with a voucher.

Mar 28, 2013

Like many others, we went here on the coupon for 3 courses for 2. I am familiar with the location and have been to the ECQ bar many times, so I knew what to expect.

The food was fresh and delicious. I had scallops and the the barramundi followed the panna cotta. My partner had pork, salmon and ummm can't remember what he had for dessert! But all was lovely. We added in a bottle of wine for $50 and some veggies as a side dish.

We were plonked right in the middle of the restaurant while a window seat was free, which was a bit disappointing--vouchers in the back? The service was good but not particularly memorable. Great value for the voucher. Probably wouldn't go at full price, but that's just me! I enjoyed the overall experience for quality and affordable after-work meal.

Mar 04, 2013

Went there on a Monday night with a scoupon, 3 course meal, had a sashimi amuse bouche, which tasted amazing and fresh, the oysters was fresh and just the right size, I had the pork with crackling and the 3 types of apple? The sauces was amazing but the pork was highly salty and the crackling, Snap perfect, main was a bit of let down with the steak and the turtle bean I think you need an acquired taste for it, the Alaskan crab and fish was yummy but the surrounding sauce which was pandan tasted alot like Green curry.

The veal medallion was perfect. The highlight of the night was dessert, with amazing creme brulee which was creamy, the fondant chocolate was rich and bitter and the bread pudding was moist.

Service was attentive, although the place is smaller than expected.

Sep 27, 2012

A scoopon meal for us too. We really enjoyed our meals. While they were a bit on the small side, we had certainly had our fill by nights end.

Entrees: Scallops with black pudding, very tasty. Quail and lentils, not as tasty but the quail was tender.

Mains: Veal tenderloin and gnocchi, the gnocchi was fried enough to be slightly crispy and tasted divine. The veal was quite chunky, like a piece of beef in appearance, but still tender and flavoursome. The other meal was the duck, beautifully cooked with pinkish middle, crispy skin, and well seasoned, spot on. We had greens on the side and they were also cooked to perfection.

Desserts: Cheesecake - nice, but could have done with some extra sauce and, perhaps, a crumble for texture. The creme brulee - oh wow, yummo. We washed it down with a sticky and a muscat.

As mentioned in another review, the wines were reasonably priced (for a harbour side restaurant). For ambience, it is a nice restaurant. But some of the structure makes it difficult to enjoy the harbour views fully. Lucky I only had eyes for my Wife.

The service was fine, with wines always being filled without asking, although some of the staff could show a little more excitement. When we received the bill, they apologised for the delay in the mains (we didn't notice) and gave us the Muscat for free, Despite being on the scoopon - how nice!

I'd love to get another scoopon to go back but I'd say still worth a visit on full price too.

Sep 23, 2012

Had lunch at Quadrant Restaurant today using one of their Scoopon vouchers ($59 for two course for two persons, menu price around $100).

Good: Good view of the ferries coming in and out of the wharfs. But the view of the Harbour Bridge is obscured even though we sat right by the glass wall. (Opera House is not within view at all).

Service of the waitress is polite and pleasant. Not the most attentive, but I wouldn't complain. Comfortable seating, tasteful decor, as one would expect from a 5-star hotel.

Bad: The food is entirely disappointing. My wife had pork belly for entree and king prawn pasta for main. I had scallops for entree and New York strip loin for main. All dishes used quality ingredients but failed to deliver good flavour.

The pork belly was not well seasoned, though cooked to satisfactory standard, it lacked in flavour and my wife gave up on it half way through. The skin was not crisp and was not possible to cut through with her knife. The scallops (sad trio sitting on a plate) again had no flavour. The grilled scallops you'll find in an average sushi place would taste much better. The tiny amount of flourish next to the scallops didn't compliment them at all.

The pasta was overcooked, barely salted and tasted very bland. Though the prawns weren't bad at all, none of its flavour/aroma penetrated the pasta, which hardly had any source.

The New York steak (I asked for rare) was indeed rare, but not juicy, nor tender. It tasted bland, chewy and cold! I love steak but for the first time I could remember, I didn't finish it. I could tell it was a good quality piece of meat, but somehow, they managed to ruin it.

Conclusion: Quadrant is well appointed restaurant with pleasant wait staff, using good quality ingredients, but their kitchen staff cannot cook.

My advice: If you want fine dining in the area, go somewhere else (both the food and the view is infinitely better).

Sep 19, 2012