Positano Cafe Pizzeria

Serves Dinner
Serves Takeaway
Food Delivery

Delivery

Delivery is available within a 5km radius and is free for orders over $27. Otherwise delivery is an additional charge of $3.00.

Wheelchair Access

Has Cafe

EFTPos

Parking

Parking Suggestions
Free parking is available in Hannah St after 6pm.

Notes

15% Surcharge applicable on Public Holidays

Order Delivery or Pickup from Positano Cafe Pizzeria
  • Free to order with no markup!
  • Cash or credit | Instant confirmation
  • Over 1 million meals delivered!
Order Now

Add a Review for Positano Cafe Pizzeria

User Reviews of Positano Cafe Pizzeria, Beecroft

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Terrible dinner experience! Very slow service and when food finally arrived, all agreed the two pizzas were the worst we'd eaten. I'm not even sure how they made such seemingly tasty ingredients taste so bland. On advising the manager of this as we left, he didn't care at all and continued along making pizza! Certainly do not recommend on any count.

Mobile Review Sep 05, 2014

We live closeby in West Pennant hills but we've never tried Positano before. When we came in on a Friday the place was packed with people both dining in and ordering takeaway. We were seated in the back by the staff who were friendly throughout the whole night. Water/drinks/menus etc were also prompt, although we did have to flag the waitress down several times for the bill at the end.

For starters, We ordered the garlic bread. We weren't expecting it to be a pizza but it was still nice. For mains we tried the Positano Galante pizza (chicken and prosciutto) and the veal scallopine. Both were lovely. For dessert we shared gelato. Blood orange and lemon sorbet are my absolute favourite. Ambience-wise the pizzeria is cozy, however it was quite loud, given a table of children were seated near us.

Don't get me wrong, I'm myself am a fan of Michael Buble but, for the 1.5 hours we were there we heard the same cd playing twice over. Having that, when it comes down to it, my friend and I left Positano very satisfied and we wilI be back.

Mar 09, 2014

I was part of a party of five friends that came to positano for dinner a couple weeks back on a friday. It is wise to book before hand, because when we arrived at around 8pm the place was still full. The ambience of the pizzeria isn't as grand as other places like at castle towers plaza but at the same time we were comfortably seated, given the size of the place.

For entree we had the garlic pizza which was good. Instead of the pizza I decided to have the spaghetti marinara, which was really nice. Everyone else tried shared three large pizzas, which although I didn't try, they looked and smelled delectable. For dessert I had the home made tiramisu which my friend recommended. It was probably one of the best I have here in sydney.

The staff were lovely, striking friendly conversation with all the tables while waiting for food talking to us about the pizzeria and positano itself. They also checked up on us to make sure we were happy with everything with a smile on their faces. In all, my friends and I left very happy, and I will be back at positanos to try the pizza.

Nov 02, 2013

I was getting off the train in Beecroft. And once again, I went in to this lovely little pizzeria. I had the pork belly. Yum. It was so nice to go to a pizzeria and and not have them skimp on the toppings. I have been to a few around the hills but they are always overpriced with very little toppings. Thanks again, Positano.

Aug 02, 2013

We recently dined in for the first time at Positano's after getting takeaway several times before. Staff members were all friendly and we got served delicious pizzas. We tried the pork belly pizza special and really enjoyed it. The home made tiramisu is one of the best I've ever had!

May 07, 2013

I came here about 3 years ago to celebrate a friend's birthday. The restaurant was busy when we got there, but we arrived just as most were leaving, so there were only about 4 tables left being served including ourselves.

We ordered 2 medium pizzas an a risotto. I ordered a margarita with olives. When the pizzas arrived, they were both large, not medium, and my pizza had about 5 olives on it. My friend's (whose birthday it was) risotto was yet to arrive. After about 20 minutes and the pizzas were nearly finished, we finally managed to flag down one of the 2 teenaged waitresses who were the only visible staff working the floor that night. She disappeared into the kitchen and returned 5 minutes later to say it would be another 30 minutes. Clearly they had completely forgotten about it but didn't want to admit it. No apology was given. The food was nothing special.

When it came time to pay, they charged us for the large pizzas despite the fact that we ordered medium. Fair enough - we did eat them. However, they charged me an extra $7 for the 5 olives on my pizza. When questioned, the two waitresses said that they had charged me for a Capricciosa minus the anchovies. My friends and I challenged them on the ridiculousness of paying $7 extra for a few olives but they were completely inflexible and would not budge, nor was there was any apology for stuffing up our orders earlier or forgetting my friend's meal. They were unsympathetic and rude. After some to and fro, we just paid to get the hell out of there.

Once we left, we felt really annoyed about the way we let them treat us, so two of us wrote a letter about out experience and posted it to the management with the hopes that it would reach somebody more senior, with my contact details for a reply. They never responded.

Sep 27, 2012

After getting lost using the trains here in Sydney for the first time, me and my best friend left Beecroft station, confused and starving. When we walked up the street, Positano Pizzeria caught our eyes. We were seated comfortably in the front corner by the window. The place was warm and welcoming, just like the staff members.

We ordered the special Pork Belly Pizza. I Couldn't stop myself from scoffling it all down, it was really nice. I couldn't fault anything with the topping combinations and the thin, crispy crust. I hadn't had a pizza like it since I went to Italy last year.

Now for dessert, We shared a Tiramisu. It was light and absolutely delectable. All up, we had a great time, and the staff gave the extra effort, to help us find our way back home, with smiles on their face. The only negative thing I have to say about the experience was that we had to wait a bit for our drinks, but it's no biggie whatsoever. All up for starters, desserts, pizza and drinks, it cost us a reasonable $51.

I won't be in Beecroft any time soon, but if I return, I defintiely know where to go.

Aug 16, 2012

If you are easily impressed and trapped in Beecroft then Positano's may be the place for you. But if you are mobile and easily offended by bland food choose somewhere else. A wide selection of pizza's were shared among us and they were all substandard, tasteless and overpriced. The common theme was small pizzas dripping of oil and often tasting like a salt mine. The highlight of the night was the company and the gelato.

The location is convenient for residents and even those coming by train. The shop itself is quite old and as a large group we were squashed up the back. That said, the old feel of Beecroft isn't to be taken as a negative. But again, the pizza is borderline repulsive.

Jun 16, 2012

Went to Positanos after reading positive reviews but have to say was very disappointed. We were sat by an open door, on a really cold and rainy night, which we had to ask to be closed.

Our food was really ordinary. I ordered the pasta with prawns which were well cooked, but the tomato sauce could have been from a jar. The pizzas ordered were not much better, the beef special had an overdose of Dijon mustard which ruined the flavour. Worst was the salad which was straight from a supermarket bag, really not hard to slice up a lettuce so not sure why they would serve something that unappealing.

The service was very friendly, however, on balance I would not recommend this place.

Jun 02, 2012

Having lived in the area for the past few years I have never tried the pizza at Positano until recently. Yes they are more expensive than other pizza stores but you pay for what you get. The greek lamb special is fantastic!

May 17, 2012