Pancakes On The Rocks

Child Friendly Menus

Add a Review for Pancakes On The Rocks

User Reviews of Pancakes On The Rocks

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Great food, the pizza was great and pancakes delicious as always at this restaurant.

Mobile Review Jun 20, 2013

Always a positive experience. The wait to be seated (due to the number of patrons) is long however it is definitely worth the wait. The fact that it is not just pancakes but also real meals at average prices is awesome for something that is located in the city! Great place, value and meals!

Jun 02, 2013

Food was good and value is average, nothing to complain about overall.

The lighting is comfortably low-key downstairs, but it was also so loud that I couldn't hear what my friends were saying at times.

Last of all, service was disappointing to say the least and the one thing I fault the restaurant for. The staff are understandably busy due to the volume of customers coming in and out, so I consciously tried not to bother them for the duration of my meal.

I didn't mind very much that the waiting times for food were long, especially seeing that the place was full, but simple courtesy can come a long way in a customer's eyes. Some of the staff didn't seem to know basic customer service and there was one waiter who treated me with severe sarcasm as I asked for water.

Obviously, I was not satisfied by the service of Pancakes on the Rocks and it certainly put me off from coming back. Overall, nothing to rave about.

Mar 28, 2013

I went to pancakes on the rocks for my boyfriends birthday today and it is one of the worst, most bland meals I have ever eaten!

To start, the service was awful! The waiter constantly rolled his eyes while taking our order, was hard to get attention and would slam down our plates and cutlery.

We had the Mexican crepe as our main which we shared. It was OK but nothing more than I would expect for a restaurant specifying in pancakes. However the pancakes were awful! We ordered the famous hot n troppo asking for a chocolate pancake and not receiving. The pancakes were extremely salty, not sweet at all, the banana was raw not grilled, there was barely any chocolate sauce and their were far too many, tasteless, walnuts.

I am not one to normally review or complain about a meal, but this was such a disappointing experience that I had to note it. I wish it could have been a better meal to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. This place has got a good reputation in sydney but I guess its just a tourist attraction for people who don't know better!

Mar 18, 2013

The service is disappointing but I enjoyed the food.

Oct 08, 2012

Food points are only for pancake, other is terrible! Good price if you compare with the surrounded restaurants (the rock area). Waiters never seen you, ignore as much as they can, poor service mind and very rude.

Sep 02, 2012

The pancakes are ok, not amazing as everyone claims it to be but still enjoyable. It is very expensive and doesn't quite fill you up, and if it does, it leaves you feeling quite sick (at least when eating dessert pancakes) savoury pancakes are good though.

Service takes a long time, to be honest, each time I go, I spend more time waiting than I do eating. Really wish this place wasn't so expensive. Definitely not worth the price they put.

Good place to go when you're in high school since it is quite trendy and also because (for my friends and I) it is something familiar and they won't complain about the restaurant. After visiting it four times, I don't think there is any need to come back here.

Aug 11, 2012

Came in to this restaurant last week with my mates to celebrate one of my mate's bday. Although was very busy, but we didn't wait too long to get in (we were 10 people all together). One of my friend recommended this restaurant for us. It was right, it's fine dining restaurant, but not too formal.

The meal's price also affordable, especially for students and we really had fun because we were singing happy birthday together without getting any complaint from the other customers. May be if we go to another fine dining restaurant, we won't be able to do like that. Will come back again for sure.!

Jul 29, 2012

Quite possibly the worst meal I have ever had the misfortune to eat. Having been seated at our table not even a full minute, a waitress was trying to push us for a food order. In the ten minutes it took to get two bottles of wine we did order to the table, 5 separate wait staff tried to get a drinks order.

The calamari is straight out of a packet, and tastes of nothing. The beef was vile, it must have been deep fried as it was crispy on the outside (even though ordered rare) and it tasted of fish. Upon complaining the "senior staff" he said ‘that’s how it’s supposed to be’, arguing with my friend who is a head chef. When the food was returned (I have never returned any food ever) to the kitchen all the "chefs" stood round prodding the steak looking baffled.

The senior staff laughed in my face when I complained, said that nothing was wrong with the food even though it tasted like fish and was clearly off, and "it can't be that bad if only two out of three having beef returned it". Missing the point that the majority of those eating it sent it back. He thought he was doing me a favour by not charging me for food we didn’t eat and couldn’t understand how we were unhappy with a meal that bordered on unsafe.

I wouldn’t dream of eating here again, the food is disgusting, the pricing is well off for the standard, the staff are poor and the management doesn’t have a clue. I don’t think a single person working in the kitchen has any sort of chef experience other than probably rising through a different establishment as a kitchen hand.

Apr 26, 2012

In re-visiting this establishment for lunch we were pleasantly surprised at the improvement. This was mainly in the food line but the service was also very good. We will come back.

Feb 05, 2012