Otto

Bookings

Bookings are essential

Mon to Sun Noon - 10:30pm

Specialties

• Bistecca di vitello alla florentina

Strict Dress Code

2008

SMH Good Food Guide 2008 - One Chef's Hat

more…

Overview of Otto

Otto Ristorante is a Modern Italian restaurant in Woolloomooloo. With its enviable location in Cowper Wharf, diners can enjoy the harbour breeze, the sunlight or moonlight as they feast on contemporary Italian dishes. Otto Ristorante offers a relaxed, intimate and stylish dining experience. Glamourous interiors, a continuously evolving and delightful menu of modern Italian and impeccable service by its staff makes Otto Ristorante a perennial favourite among the local and international crowd.

Add a Review for Otto

User Reviews of Otto, Woolloomooloo

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

The food here is very average. I don't mind paying for delicious food but the food at Otto's is not special at all - in fact some of it was just bad. The oyster dressing was nice but I prefer my oysters natural anyway. The duck was awful - badly cooked and tasteless. The service was good. I don't recommend this place at all.

Dec 09, 2013

We decided to go to otto's for my birthday and my brother in laws birthday as it came highly recommended from a friend of mine. When we booked we stated that one of our party does not eat red meat and we would like the degustation menu, and could we swap out a couple of dishes, which we were told was fine and we were all looking forward to it.

On arrival we were offered cocktails which sounded lovely however when mine arrived I had a Hair inside the glass at the bottom. This was replaced when we asked the waiter. We then ordered the degustation with matching wine and I asked for mine with no red meat or the rabbit. The waiter was unsure if this was possible and had to go and ask, but then agreed this could be done. From then the service was very slow and our wine glasses were empty due to the long wait during the courses. The wait was so long between courses we had to order another bottle of wine so we would have something to.

At one point the waiter asked my sister how the meal was going and if it was taking too long? My sister replied that it was as she has two small children at home that would be up early in the morning, and for the food to be bought out faster, however this did not happen. We were then asked if we would like any further drinks because the bar was closing. As we still were waiting on food we thought this was strange thing to be asked! We then had to wait for the bill and I had to ask the staff if we could pay as again we were waiting for ages while the tables were being packed away.

After leaving the restaurant my wife was still not happy and called the manager and discussed our disappointment. She was understanding and said she wished she had known, however as previously stayed we had asked earlier for the food to come quicker. The manager stated she would speak other manager and call her the following day, however this didn't happen.

My wife got hold of the manager on Monday however her response was completely inappropriate. She stated it was usual for things to take longer on a Saturday night, that our guests were late (they weren't, they arrived by 8:05) that I made them change the menu which they usually wouldn't as I requested not to have the tartar or the rabbit even though we were told when booking this wouldn't be a problem. Then I was told it took so long as we ordered cocktails.

Frankly none of these excuses are good enough. When paying just under $1000 for a meal for four people I expected the service and food to be excellent and feel deeply disappointed. To then be told next time to ask for the food to come quicker and to blame us for the long wait is very disappointing.

All in all this whole experience has left a bitter taste in my mouth and I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. There are many other restaurants who offer far better service and food.

Oct 28, 2013

Had dinner Friday night. Excellent food and wine. Service very good. Entrees are expensive $29 but very good. Had spaghettini and was of the highest quality. Pork belly for main again excellent but needed sauce for it to be perfect.

Had lunch Saturday 2013. Group of 6 had porcini pasta, scallops, carpaccio , gnocchi for entree. Duck, fillet steak, venison, pasta for mains. Up to usual high standard. Service can't be faulted.

Aug 24, 2013

Setting: We were seated inside but it was still cold.

Location: Beautiful.

Noisy: Very, add the next tables children as well. Personally if I'm going to a nice restaurant in the evening I prefer not to have kids present, but if people decide to bring the kids keep them quiet or even better get a babysitter.

Wine: To be expected it was overpriced. $120 for a bottle of Janz champers is over the top.

Food: Very nice "nouvelle quinine" - big plates, not much on them. $30.00 for 3 scallops not too impressed with. Pork Belly $39.00 serving size not too bad.

Service: Started off well, but went down hill. One couples entree came out 20 mins before the rest of the table, and were told when the other 3 couples entries came out that main course wasn't far off. Water & wines were readily replenished & our waitress was nice and had a sense of humour.

On the whole it was an expensive night, but we were prepared for it. Would we go back? No. We would prefer to try some where else.

Aug 04, 2013

Delicious authentic Italian food with a modern twist, efficient service & a beautiful view. What more could you want?

blogRead more on my blog

Jul 30, 2013

I went to Otto on Friday night. I must say the decor and view is so relaxing it has a good ambiance. The food was not filling and it was expensive but it feels classy and tastes good. I would recommend.

Jun 05, 2013

Food was ok here but I think way overpriced. For the same value you can eat at 1 or 2 hat restaurants around town.

Apr 11, 2013

My husband and I had a 2 course meal with a cocktail and 2 beers. We both thought that the food was superb. When the bill came, I was quite shocked by the price. It was $210 for lunch. There are many places that provide similar experience in terms of service and quality of food but at a more reasonable price. When I see the value (e.g) Tetsuya), we're prepared to pay, but in this instance we don't.

Jan 13, 2013

Food is good, but not good enough to justify the prices and don't ask about the wine... I know they have to mark up but looked 10x shop prices to me.

Jan 10, 2013

We dined here pre Christmas and had a beautiful evening. It was quiet when we arrived but filled up quickly by 9pm. The food was excellent with my husband still talking about the stuffed trout he had. Service was attentive and friendly, wine list excellent and prices in line with our expectation for the location and quality of food. Unlike a previous reviewer, we thought the dessert tasting plate was heavenly (and I sample a lot of desserts!)

Jan 10, 2013