Ottimo Italian Kitchen

Corkage per bottle $6.00
Wine Selection
Great selection of wines from withing Australia, New Zealand and Italy

Specialties

• Frittelle di Bianchetti - Whitebait fritters with rocket aioli & tomato, olive salsa
  • Gnocchi Cicale - Homemade potato gnocchi with balmain bug meat
  • Cotoletta alla Milanese - Crumbed veal cutlet topped with carmelised onions
  • Crespelle - Crepes filled with mascarpone drizzled with melted dark chocolate

EFTPos

Overview of Ottimo Italian Kitchen

Ottimo Italian Kitchen is a relaxed boutique style restaurant within Hunters Hill's charm. Leafy alfresco area ideal for morning breakfast in the sun a catch up for lazy lunches or enjoy a glass of wine over dinner. At Ottimo we serve rustic Italian cuisine inspired by our southern italian heritage. We use only the freshest seasonal produce. Our aim is to provide a comfortable, casual environment for you to share a meal with family and friends. We also would love to host your next special occasion. Enquire today about our set menus.

Add a Review for Ottimo Italian Kitchen

User Reviews of Ottimo Italian Kitchen, Hunters Hill

Page: 1 2 3 Next

Food is mostly OK, but when you get the inevitable bad meal, don't complain, even in a pleasant way. It definitely won't be well received. So this place is a bit of a risk.

Apr 01, 2013

Huh? Fine dining?? This is not even trying to be fine dining. No, it doesn't have damask tablecloths and fine silver cutlery. It's trying to be a quality bistro and it succeeds at this admirably. We go there virtually once a week and rarely are disappointed.

Mainly Southern Italian style with frequent specials. Uses seasonal ingredients while the quality is high. Brothers in Law run the show: one as Chef the other as Front of House (although truth be known he can cook very well also). Personable staff who try their guts out to be accommodating to all and sundry.

This is a tough gig in a ritzy neighbourhood and they do the job very, very well. Wife and I dine out frequently and this place is well up in the top spots in the area. Unpretentious, friendly, floor staff many of whom are students. So, no, they ain't full time waiters but there are several top waiters on hand who are professionals. Value is excellent. No hesitation in praising the place.

Mar 26, 2013

Terrible food for a fine dining restaurant. The meat (main) we ordered came in size of four 50c coins. There are cafes that serve much better food. Service is terrible. Waitress was behaving like she is acting a part. Cold dry bread with out any butter. Should have gone with reviews.

Mar 16, 2013

The service is really poor. Took a least 15 minutes to get a lukewarm coffee and 45 minutes to receive our meals. Twice I had to go and search for a waiter. When are restauranteurs going to realise that dinning out is a whole package - ie food, ambience and prompt service. Poor service can ruin the whole meal and cod coffee leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Feb 17, 2013

Service  1

I hoped to celebrate a birthday at Ottimo, I called to make a reservation for 14 people for lunch and the staff member who answered made me feel an interruption he asked me to hold and made very unsavoury remarks about my accent to others in his company then referred another staff member to take the call and "see what she wants". Obviously they only have time for clients with the 'right' accent and "she" in this case was obviously not the right fit.

Feb 09, 2013

Love the location and the staff were super - very friendly and efficient. Soup was bland, dessert was pretty, but completely underwhelming in taste. My Blue eye cod was nicely done and I enjoyed it, but my friends were not talking about their food.
    My biggest problem? My meal & Entertainment ANZ card was declined - another restaurant with an odd merchant facility number? Sorry, would love to like this place, but can't as yet. Maybe try the pasta. They might be better at that.

Nov 11, 2012

Wow, what a hidden gem! Found this restaurant on the way to a friends house and it was incredible. We turned up on a Friday night without a booking and the waiter did everything he could to make us feel welcome and find us a great table. We sat outside and the music and fairy lights created a great atmosphere. Not knowing what to try first the waiter helped us by offering a few sharing dishes, arancini, beef carpaccio and calamari that just melted in your mouth.

The food was full of flavor, hard to find these days. For main I tried the chicken filled w cabbage and pancetta and my wife had a pasta with moreton bay bug meat and broccolini (also recommended by our waiter). Let me just say I will return and I will bring more people. What a great experience.

Oct 30, 2012

Agree with all of esteemed reviewers except on the point of value. From the specials board, we ordered the squid ink linguine with crab meat and pippies @ $29- a plate. The pasta was done to perfection and the flavour of the sauce was brilliant.

But whatever superlatives you care to use, the serve was tiny. I don't know if this is a case of 'they can afford it in Hunters Hill' or they seriously believe the portions are reasonable. But then they serve chlorinated tap water which contradicts their standard of ottimo (Itl; excellence).

I'm truly pleased I ate here but I couldn't afford to on a regular basis. Oh, and the prices in the overview are well under quoted.

Oct 22, 2012

We ate here recently and sat outside which was very comfortable. We found the food wonderful and met our expectations. Menu was adequate, with a good selection of Pasta's and regular meals. Menu is not too extensive but the selections were still hard as they all sounded great. Its certainly not the normal Italian cafe style.

Both our entrees were great, Carpaccio di Manzo and Calamari Ripieni (Stuffed Calamari) and our mains every bit as good, Brasato di Agnello (The Lamb, melted in my mouth, perfect) and Pollo Ripieno (Stuffed Chicken fillet, very much enjoyed). Both meals were perfectly cooked and presented and very tasty.

Service was friendly and attentive but don't be in a hurry, the breaks before entree and between meals give everybody a good opportunity to talk. Corkage is reasonable ($7.pb) as I took a good bottle I know.

Next time I will be trying the pasta for a change as the meals we saw served looked extremely inviting.

Oct 12, 2012

I came with my partner to Ottimo’s on Friday night a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time. The food was fantastic.

My highlight for the entree was the arancini, they were super yummy and melted in my mouth. He ordered the crusted fish and I ordered the steak. The steak was cooked medium well just like I asked (I have been to many restaurants that can’t seem to get it right with the steak). My partner really liked his fish too!

I have to say the overall highlight was the espresso crème brulee, as I love coffee and I love crème brulee.

The ambience was beautiful and I plan on getting an outside table next time.

Oct 12, 2012