Nomad

Has Bar

Established in October 2013

Nomad Awards

2015

SMH Good Food Guide 2015 - Josephine Pignolet Young Chef of the Year, Julian Cincotta

Add a Review for Nomad

User Reviews of Nomad, Surry Hills

We had an enjoyable meal here seated at the kitchen bench, watching the buzzing kitchen, but left feeling like we maybe we had been a bit unlucky with our meal choices. We had the empanada and the goats cheese churros to start. The empanada was a little dry and ho-hum, the churros were nice, but needed a more generous serve of honey.

The moreton bay bugs main was a bit of a let down, the jowl was like a sliver of wobbly cold fat on top of the dish, and the flavour just didn't match the bugs. After asking for it to be cooked well for a pregnant diner, we had to send it back, ad even on its return it was still undercooked.

The chicken main was the stand-out dish, lovely flavours and moist, tender chicken. The beer selection was good, the wines by the glass that we drank not overly impressive. The space is cavernous and swankily designed, although they could have spent a bit more on the below par bathrooms.

Dec 02, 2014

Not much to say... great food, great service, great atmosphere and importantly... great value! We will definitely be going back.

Jul 13, 2014

Love this place. I seriously thought it was going to be another over hyped Sydney fad but was glad I was proved wrong.

Service - excellent; from the food and wine suggestions to the casual banter, we were so well looked after. Even though we only had the table for 2 hoes not once were we felt like we had to evacuate the table! Ambience is excellent- such a huge warehouse style restaurant. Good to face the kitchen if you can so you can see all the action!

Food: amazing! Such simple dishes but fabulous flavours. You have to try the goats cheese churros, broccolini, the chickpeas, the lamb with eggplant and the round cinnamon doughnuts with caramel sauce. All amazing and I love the portion sizes which were perfect for sharing so that nobody went hungry.

Wine selection- extensive and wonderful. Pricey but I have to say worth every dollar. I cannot wait to go back here!

Mobile Review May 12, 2014

We had a work lunch here recently and wow - the place is really beautiful. The food menu is not extensive but lots of interesting dishes. I had pork shortrib on a brioche bun: amazing. Would love to go back and try more dishes and sample the wine list.

Apr 23, 2014

Our foodie boss took us out for our Christmas dinner and it was great. Our waitress was lovely, told us we had ordered enough food for the table. She then proceeded to tell us more about the ordered dishes. The food came fast and quick and was delicious. The salads were the best I have ever had and proves the fact that fresh produce makes a hell of difference.

The ambience was industrial which is the in thing these days. The music was not too loud which is how you like it when you want to have good dinner conversation. With the wine continuously flowing, it was a great night. I have been recommending nomad since then to my friends and would love to go there again.

Mobile Review Dec 14, 2013

I have just changed my score of this restaurant as it gave service 10 stars which I most definitely did not give.

Am new to this review sure and others. But having had some time off and able to enjoy some new restaurants in Sydney I thought now was a good time to start. Nomad is lovely place to sit, went with a bunch of mates for a birthday. Food is amazing.

Wasn't happy with the service though. Half waiters were spot on, fun, lively. The half where undertrained, rude or just didn't care. Complained to manager (was in a shirt different to staff so assume he was) about the service (slow, rude) and his response was out of control. Told me couldn't change the waiter or table. No apology or anything. Won't be back, ruined my friends birthday.

Mobile Review Nov 26, 2013

Ok. This place is very new but they really seem to have got the formula really right.

First up, service. Our waiter Clive knew the menu inside out, made great recommendations and I can honestly say is probably the best waiter I've seen in the last 5 years in Sydney. All if the staff who were involved in our evening were professional, knowledgeable and above all very service focused. Whoever runs this place front of house clearly knows how to do it well.

Next up food, everything we had was great. Different but above all high quality ingredients well treated and presented. It has an open kitchen, which we sat next to and despite being full, looked like it was running like a well oiled machine.

Wine list, really intelligent, using smaller less known producers. We had a bottle of head red. A quality little known barrossa producer. Lastly the space itself is very relaxed but suits perfectly for the ambience they are trying for.

Overall value was very good. Had a really great evening and definitely coming back very soon.

Oct 11, 2013