Minas

Minas Contact Info

Thai

Add a Review for Minas

User Reviews of Minas, Campbelltown

I am very disappointed. From the beginning the person on the other end of the phone was rude and slow. To be told the wait was 30 minutes pick-up as they were unable to deliver for some reason to be sitting in the restaurant for 1 hr waiting for my food is appalling. Not to mention they had no satay sticks or sweet and sour pork. There was 2 people in the restaurant and it still took them 1 hour and 45 minutes all up to cook our food.

We did not receive the free bag of prawn chips which is advertised if you spend over $50 and we did not receive any type of discount. This by far was the worst Thai I have ever had considering the food was cold. The beef was chewy and the potato was half cooked. What a shame and waste of $89. I would not recommend this to anybody and I will definitely never return again. So if you are reading this review because you are hungry and keen for some Thai food in the campbelltown area don't even consider this place as an option.

Aug 14, 2014

I went there today and was surprised that they had buffet lunch on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday lunch. I had a buffet lunch and the selection presented was a mixture of Thai, Malaysian, Vietnamese and Filipino cuisines. You could still order from the menu. I like what I had, full of flavours and affordable. I requested for chicken corn soup and it was freshly made, good for wintery weather that we're having today. My son loves the fried squids and honey prawns.

The service is efficient, the plates are removed frequently and trays of food replenished. There are many tables for groups. There is also a small stage for visiting artists, unfortunately, there's no one playing today. Definitely returning next time and letting family and friends know about it.

May 14, 2012

The food took half an hour to come out and was served just warm and by the time we were half way through it was cold and not nice to eat. Also the egg noodles were the "cheap" type and not the quality noodles usually served in restaurants. It was nice 2 years ago, but real disappointing now.

May 01, 2012

I love the Filipino food! Almost like Mom's cooking.

Feb 13, 2011

I absolutely love Minas. I have been a lunch and dinner regular for about 3 years and, through trying different dishes, know which ones are the best. I must admit, on the rare occasion the chef might not make it up to its usual great standard but they have the best Mi Goreng and Pad Thai I have ever had. The staff are so friendly and always remember who you are. The place could do with a revamp but so long as the food is good I couldn't care less. So much flavour and always fresh, they've definitely fattened me up over the years... so tastyyyyy.

Sep 05, 2010

The laksa here is very good best I have found in the area, highly recommended, the service is average but the owner always remembers me as I am a regular, very nice lady. Everything we have had there has been good but their prices could be lower.

Jun 27, 2010

It says here "Thai restaurant" while on the window of the restaurant it says "Thai/Malay/Philipino" - they also do Vietnamese. When my Salt & Pepper Calamari from the Thai section of the menu arrived (45 mins later) it looked like three scallop potatoes from a fish & chip shop. It was greasy and the batter was too thick (which made me so mad because my favourite Thai place was just around the corner and I couldn't help compare the experiences!). Our 'Thai' fish cakes were more like fish coins because they were so small and completely flavourless. Absolutely no service- the single waitress working that night was too busy chatting to a friend while my table of four waited and waited. Awful food and no service.

Jul 22, 2009

This place has to be one of the worst places we have dined at for service and friendliness or should I say Lack of! Very disappointing dining experience, the waitresses were very morbid and rude. Now for the food, was very average, not very authentic at all and they serve up cold rice, what's that about!

The food is way overpriced for the quality and quantity, all in all very disappointing.
    If you are after a good little gem of a Thai restaurant in Campbelltown, look elsewhere, just around the corner in Dumersq St, their food and service is excellent, very friendly and obliging staff to boot.

Jun 01, 2009

Huge menu, good food (quality and quantity). We Love the steamboat. Can be really busy on Friday &andSaturday if you don't have a booking. Good take away service as well. Service can be a little slow, but it is worth it as the food is the star of this place.

Jan 17, 2009

The food is absolutely fantastic with some of the best philippine food I have tasted in australia especially the caldaretta. The best thing is the value for money, we couldn't fault the place thank you very much.

Aug 21, 2008