Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The

The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant Recommended based on its 46 reviews

6.5

Diners

Parking

Ample or Convenient Parking
Parking Suggestions
Street Parking /Closest Station Museum Station Cambridge Hotel - 212 Riley Street Surry Hills The Sebel - 28 Albion Street Surry Hills Wilson Parking Goulbourn Street street parking federal court

Add a Review for The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant

User Reviews of The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, Surry Hills

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Stunning atmosphere absolutely beautifully decorated. Fast, efficient service, mouthwatering food. I'm not greek but it is now my partner and is main restaurant, love it.

Oct 30, 2012

Went on a saturday night and we were up the back. The place looks good but the food is not great. We started off with a greek salad and warm pita bread and tzatziki and that was really nice. Thinking that they would bring out the meats on skewers eg Souvlaki. Out came a long plate with crumb fish one side and a shepherds pie or lasagna thing, fish was ok and the shepherds pie was warm in parts or frozen. No one ate alot of it so a bit of a waste.

Then the meat came out chicken, beef very small and not enough to go around everyone, it also had big potato wedges on it home made but I think they had sat on the plate too long because they were like steamed wedges, most of the food was cold, When it hit the table. Had a glass of Oyster bay sav and that was good. Price was $8.50. Cocktails $15 no jugs of water on tables only a glass of water no ice. The show was ok nothing Spectacular.

I don't think I would recommend this place. For what we paid not a exciting night.

Sep 16, 2012

This was the worst restaurant I have ever been to! I have never before written a review but after my experience at The Mediterranean I want everyone else to know how bad this place is.
    We arrived at 6:30 and were placed in small corner of the restaurant, away from all the other tables. Only half our table was given water and water glasses. When we purchased wine at the bar, we were given no wine glasses and had to wait for these.

At 9pm we still had not been served our main meal (only Greek salad and bread to this point), when the rest of the restaurant had not only been served but had finished their meals. When I complained to management - they didn't apologise but were quite rude about it. Food finally came out approximately 9:30pm and it was a mixture of fish and moussaka which was cold!

Honestly, this was the worst place I have ever been too. If we hadn't prepaid for food, etc. (it was a hens night) there was no way I would have paid for my meal. Management did not offer an apology let alone any kind of compensation.

Aug 20, 2012

My worst dinner experience ever! we booked a table for 34 ppl and spent over $1800 bill for just lebanese bread with Tzaziki, overcooked chicken and beef skewers (some were even black burnt), one tiny meat ball each and kinda beef lasagna that everyone had burped the rest of the night, that was disgusting!

The service was terrible, ppl were still eating and the waiters were removing the plates from the table, even the plates with food on it! we had to tell them to stop as ppl were still eating. After 10 min talk with the owner we finally get the dessert (3 pieces of sliced ice cream dessert to share between 3 persons). We certainly regretted our decision of going there and I really don't think that we will come back again in the near future!

Jul 21, 2012

I organised my sister hens party @ The Mediterranean. We have a very diverse group and I was a little worried it may not have been everyone's "thing" but the feed back I have got has been that everyone had an amazing time, they are still talking about how much of a wonderful time it was. The ambience was great. The place was packed with other hens parties. Lots of hen and bride maid interaction.

Special Mention To Drag Queen for crowd interaction, really made the night. Thanks again for a great night.

May 04, 2012

Apologies in advance as I have read some of the reviews and clearly they have a target market in mind. Why they offered to do a deal as a result of this is beyond me, the food we were provided was far past dry and overcooked (then reheated). Normally we love (love) mediterranean food but we had an awful experience. The time we ate there all others at the time were using deal vouchers, maybe the party kicks up later in the evening, and maybe that's when the kitchen fires up then as well. But this was a regrettable decision.

Feb 29, 2012

Went here for a hens night not long ago. The place is a party from the moment you step in! Great atmosphere, it used to be the DCM nightclub back in the day and I think they kept the sound system. We had a 6? course menu and everyone loved the food. The entertainment was awesome as well.

A drag queen, strippers, bellydancing and all our favourite songs inbetween. The only two grievances I had was the music was a bit too loud to carry conversation between entertainment, and they don't serve coffee at night! Being sober and pregnant, all I wanted was a cuppa - luckily there is a gloria jeans next door where I could go and sit down and take a moment to myself. Didn't detract from the night at all and have now decided to have my 30th there!

Feb 09, 2012

I had my 21st Birthday dinner at The Mediterranean earlier last month and what can I say? This place is absolutely fantastic!

The food was delicious (4 course set menu), the ambience was great and the service was absolutely exceptional! The wait staff there are so patient and helpful. The manager was also very flexible and generous in helping me organise the event. No extra charges for cakage.

Highly recommended restaurant.

Nov 25, 2011

Good sized portions but fairly average, uncreative food. We got one cold platter and one hot platter and the dips were not very exciting on the cold on and on the hot one there were 1 or 2 nice meats and then a few others that weren't anything special. We had a nice white wine with it which matched well. Waitress was attentive but there wasn't much of at atmosphere in the restaurant- it was a Wednesday night and only about 5 tables were occupied in what is a very large space. The decor was modern and the place felt clean. The bill was reasonable. All in all, something was missing from this dining experience- it left me very on the fence about if I will return.

Sep 02, 2011

The Mediterranean has it all, great food, great entertainment, great girls and heaps of fun. I went with a few friends for a bucks party and it was an awesome night out. The drag queen was great and took the mickey out of all the boys and girls followed by brazilian samba dancing and a final strip tease where the boys (including me) had to strip down for the girls and I'm not a stripper!

The best part is that they really get everyone involved in the activities so the focus isn't just on the hens or bucks but the whole table that came along as well. This is the first revue I've written for a restaurant as i never write them but this place was so good i have to let everyone know how great it is! I recommend it to anyone wanting to have a night out all in one place.

Aug 29, 2011

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Mediterranean Restaurant Interior Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant Inte... Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The Mediterranean Themed Entertainment Restaurant, The « 1 of 10 photos »