Limoncello Ristorante

User Reviews of Limoncello Ristorante, Double Bay

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Very good restaurant.

Feb 09, 2014

Came here with my husband on Sat night. Had a night off with our son staying out. We had such a lovely time. Service was nice, let us know specials timing was right in every sense. We had zucchini flowers and mushroom bruschetta for entree. Flowers were over priced but quite nice. For main I had veal with prawns, great value and my husband had stuffed chicken. He raved about the black cabbage it was served with. Affogato for dessert lovely. Recommend for casual but not too casual night out. Also good to dine with children if you get in early.

Oct 08, 2012

A fantastic, authentic, Italian restaurant with a down to earth family-run vibe, delicious food and generous service.

Aug 05, 2012

Very friendly, warm, beautiful international standard of food.

Feb 18, 2012

I won a voucher from a local event for this restaurant and dined here a few weeks ago with friends. The staff service was hot and cold with some waiters surly and others warm.

For starters we ordered zucchini flowers and a rack of lamb (off the main menu). Both were delicious and the kitchen was kind enough to accommodate our odd request.

For mains, I ordered the clam spaghetti which was mediocre. My spaghetti did not seem like it was handmade but my co-diners' pasta dishes definitely were. I suffered dish envy.

Prices were quite reasonable even without taking the Double Bay location into account. The meal was good value despite the voucher. I would come back if I was in the area again.

Jul 29, 2011

Our 35-45 age group A Table for Six members dined at Limoncello on Saturday night. The feedback they gave on the restaurant was that the food was very good and the service also was good. Their comment was that it would have been good to know the size of the portions before they ordered.

Apr 07, 2011

My partner and I shared the calamari starter, grilled with garlic and served on lemon-flavoured mash potato, which was very tender and tasty. We each then had the supreme of chicken cacciatore, which was excellent.

For dessert I had the tiramisu, which was lacking the liqueur needed to make it memorable. My partner's ciambellina with caramelised bananas was delicious! Overall, a good rather than stand-out meal. We also took note of the dishes being served to our fellow diners, and it all looked good, particularly the pizzas!

The winelist was reasonably-priced. Although not a cheap meal, we felt we had received reasonable value for money and we will certainly be back. A special mention for the service, which was of the best ever received in Sydney. Polished, attentive, friendly and sincere, and, for the first time in many restaurants, not one of our many servers removed any dishes until absolutely everyone had finished their meal. Such a small but important bit of true service so rarely seen these days!

Jan 26, 2011

Service is excellent, not much to fill you up, good taste and nice ambience.

Dec 18, 2010

This place is consistently average. Having been here quite a few times over the years, always in groups and never by choice, I can say that the food is edible without being memorable.

It is good for groups because the menu is quite large and includes a pizza, pasta or steak for everyone but the food is quite bland and predictable. It is also overpriced for what it is but being in Double Bay the prices must be acceptable as there are always people there.

Jul 11, 2010

A friend and I desperate for wood fired pizza tried Limoncello. We were sorely disappointed. Not only was the food mediocre, but we were treated most disrespectfully when we wanted to share one. The wait staff were arrogant and a few were also speaking about us, and the rest of the customers, in Italian (being of Italian background I could understand they are rather impolite comments). My advice would be to visit one of the other, far greater, restaurants in the area.

May 03, 2010