Lebanon & Beyond

Sun to Thu 5pm - 10pm
Fri to Sat 5pm - Midnight

Available

Overview of Lebanon & Beyond

Lebanon & Beyond is a brightly-lit dining area on Alison Road that's often filled with groups of people. Guests actually brims over, more often than not, to the two large sets of tables outside, which serves as its alfresco area. Earthen tones of cream and brown gives a bright, chirpy feel to its modestly-decorated interiors. Antique décor, plump cushions, and white throw pillows adds to the comfort. Plus, the rustic dining sets complete the touch that's so remindful of home.

But there's more to the ambiance that pulls people into this Randwick-based restaurant. The Fine Lebanese Food proudly posted under Lebanon & Beyond's signage above its see-through glass walls and doors perfectly says it all. Locals repeatedly come back for their falafel, hummous, lady fingers, and shish kebabs for dinner. While bouza, baklava, and Turkish delight paired with Lebanese coffee and tea are often sought as after dinner treats.

Add a Review for Lebanon & Beyond

User Reviews of Lebanon & Beyond, Randwick

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

I love this place. We are lucky enough to live nearby, so for us its the perfect take away restaurant. I can't comment on the in-house service because we've never actually eaten in, but the place is never less than packed (one of the reasons we get take away), our food is always prepared promptly and with a smile and the food itself is just outstanding. A regular for us.

Nov 14, 2013

We went on Friday and it was totally full. The food is really tasty, especially The salad. I particularly like the lady finger.

Mobile Review Aug 17, 2013

I highly recommend Lebanon and Beyond. I usually don't enjoy Lebanese food and was sceptical about meeting up with friends mid week for dinner. I had the mixed platter for one at $26 and loved most of it--Kofta, shish kebabs, hommous, tabbouli, falafel, lady fingers and fried cauliflower. The falafel was a little dry but the cauliflower was the stand out. Divided between two shops fronts, the restaurant is clean and comfortable and BYO. Give Lebanon a try.

Mar 03, 2013

Booking - When we first started coming here a few years ago, Lebanon & Beyond was not much more than a hole in the wall. Now it’s doubled its size by expanding into the premises next door and still they manage to pack the place out most nights. They’ve even spilled out onto the pavement outside. So booking ahead is essential any night of the week.

Food - The food has never disappointed and this most recent visit was no exception. Five of us dined and on the advice of the maitre d', we ordered two veggie platters ($30 ea) and two meat platters ($30 ea). All the traditional Leb goodies that we love so much were included – hummus and baba ghanoush dips, tabouli, falafel, spinach pies, fried cauliflower, lady fingers, shish kebabs and kafta. And of course lashings of warm, soft Lebanese bread.

It was all wonderfully fresh, tasty and neatly presented on shiny white crockery. A feast fit for a king. We ended our meal the perfect way, with four serves of sticky, sweet baklava and tea or coffee. My favourite was the meat platter with the piping hot, well cooked lamb and chicken skewers on a bed of fresh onions. We couldn’t even finish everything and there was plenty for us to take home (see pic).

Ambience - We were given a table by the window in the corner behind the door so that shielded us from much of the noise. I love the bright wall colours and the huge pic of a coastal scene in Lebanon in the middle of the room. As mentioned, this place has now spread its wings and occupies two premises next to each other. We dined in the older, original section. I didn’t really get a good look at the new part, except that I could see that it too was full. This is a neighbourhood gem and one always feels comfortable in the casual and relaxed atmosphere here.

Service - We couldn’t have asked for better. Our polite maitre d’ was attentive and efficient without being obsequious or overbearing. He made the ordering simple for us by recommending the platters, so there was no pouring over the menu and waiting for everyone to make up their minds. Dishes were brought out in double quick time. But all the wait staff are polite, friendly and happy to serve. Plenty could learn from these guys.

Value - We paid $124 for the four platters and a single bottle of sparkling mineral water. We probably could have got away with ordering one less platter and still have left here full, but given the high quality of the food, the superb service and the pleasant ambience I was happy to fork out that amount of money.

Comfort - Lighting is good and tables are large enough to fit most of the dishes. The restaurant doesn’t have its own toilets so one has to use the ones in the boarding-house with whom they share the building. They’re ancient - probably 1940s vintage and I just hate having to walk into that depressing place to use them.

Parking - We live nearby so we always walk. But Leb and Beyond is situated in that parking death zone on frenetic Alison Rd, between Avoca St and Belmore Rd. If driving, it’s best to try and park in Frances Street near the Randwick Town Hall and be prepared to walk 10-15 minutes.

Summary - Lebanon and Beyond has now firmly established itself as one of Randwick’s most popular restaurants and it’s not hard to see why. As long as they keep serving food of this calibre with the friendly, efficient and attentive service to match, customers like us will keep coming back. (Just wish they could do something about the toilets!)

Dips Tabouli Veg platter Veg platter Meat platter Delicious baklava Exterior
    Exterior Doggy bag

Dec 21, 2012

This place has amazing food and the value is outstanding. It's always packed to the brim and staff is always wonderful and helpful. Fine dining really is dead when you eat at places like this.

Oct 17, 2012

I tried this place for the first time last Sundnay for fathers day, after always passing by and seeing how full the place always is. It actually surprisingly fulfilled my expectations and went beyond that, considering that my husband always complains of how picky I am when it comes to us eating out.
    We had two banquets and it was more than enough for the two of us.

The quality, taste and value was great. I'm happy that places like this still exist and even though they were super busy, the quality of the service was not at all compromised. I'll definitely be back. Thank you.

Sep 05, 2012

May sound like a cliche, but I never knew Lebanese food was like this! By miles the most interesting, delicious Lebanese food ever, and I already liked Lebanese food when I went there. Agree with the previous reviewer, if you choose the right dishes you may well discover you've developed a craving for their food. Their version of Shawarma? Thin strips of lamb marinated in wine and herbs. Char grilled with tomato and onion and topped with tahini sauce, tomato and turnips. Kafta? Minced lamb seasoned with parsley, mint, onion and spices. Char grilled and served with tahini sauce. Soooo good!

Aug 22, 2012

It's the best lebanese restaurant. Food is like homemade by grandma! The best dips I've ever tried! The lady fingers were my favourite same as meats! Definitely we'll be back soon! I'm craving for their food! The only problem you have to book with time otherwise you can't find a table even on weekdays! Well done guys!

Aug 22, 2012

We went here for the good reviews but not impressed at all. Ordered mixed platter for two. Generous portion but only fried cauliflower and Lady Fingers were okay. All we could taste for others was only lemon, the dips, the sauces, tabouli, were so sour that I actually got a heartburn after the dinner. Shawarma was awful. The sauce was sour and lumpy. Baba ghanouj taste burnt. Strange. Falafel had a rancid oil smell. Terrible. Will never go back and don't recommend to anyone.

Aug 19, 2012

A great example of a great local, good, reliable food, friendly service and fantastic value for money. We ordered the chef's banquet and shared it between two. I actually want to go back to try some of their specials and mains.

Jun 26, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Lebanon & Beyond My 50th at Lebanon and Beyond Dressing 70's style My 50th Dips Tabouli Veg platter Veg platter Meat platter Delicious baklava Exterior Exterior Doggy bag Lebanon & Beyond Lebanon & Beyond Lebanon & Beyond

Related Editorial Content for Lebanon & Beyond