Larousse Restaurant

Restaurant Bookings

Add a Review for Larousse Restaurant

User Reviews of Larousse Restaurant, Brighton-Le-Sands

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Cute little hole in the wall place, authentic meals, our entrees were really good, wasn't quite so impressed with the mains, esp for the price.

Dec 29, 2013

We wife and I have lived in Brighton for the last 15 years, but never really eat out in our local area. I've driven past Larousse many times and we have often talked about going there & so last night we decided to go. Am so glad we did. The meals were beatiful! I had the garlic prawns & duck which were both delicious, my wife had the 2 course mon-thursday special menu which was good too and great value. Generous servings as well, no room for dessert.

May 17, 2013

Dined at Larousse this past Monday as part of a work dinner of 10 guests. The staff were friendly, the food was very good and the wine list reasonable (if a tad limited). My steak was to die for! All of the party had a great night and really enjoyed the whole experience. We will book our next function here for sure.

May 15, 2013

Been going to Larousse for the last few months after moving to the area. Always been consistent good food and good service. Tried most of the desserts as I'm a dessert man & loved every mouthful of every one.

May 15, 2013

Wow, did I have high hopes and expectations for this restaurant. Service was a little unprofessional. It seemed like a bit of a 'fail' French fine dining. Food was quite average, just one step above pub food. Not sure if the escargot are the real deal- no shell, tastes a bit like from the can but weren't bad anyway. Definitely wouldn't return or recommend to any friends or family. I'm sure this place was a gem 2 years ago, but since new management, its pretty average food for high prices. I really did wish I had gone earlier before management changed over.

May 14, 2013

Diner here on recent business trip to Sydney. My friend and I were both very happy with our meals and the whole experience. Our food was hot, fresh and very tasty. The staff were friendly and the service was fast and efficient. We both had the crepes suzette to finish and can say it was the best I have ever had! Will definitely be back on my next visit.

Mar 11, 2013

Goodbye to the French restaurant! We now have a corner shop selling average food from French menu. Odering a sherry-amontillado- was told "we only have McWilliams"? The esscargo were served with no bread; enquiry returned two slices of white straight from the packet! The duck a l'orange was graced with a slurp of plain orange juice!

Feb 26, 2013

Glad we decided to try Larousse Restaurant for our date night on Friday. First time we visit, but definitely won't be the last.

Service was prompt and friendly, food was fresh, affordable, and scrumptious (we tried Camembert and Pate - delicious!), ambience reflected an exclusive, vintage French theme which is rare, especially with so many modern restaurants around.

Next time, we will be sure to book, as the restaurant was quite busy, particularly being a Friday night. Regardless this did not compromise the quality of service or dinner. We look forward to visiting again, many distinctive dishes to be tried!

A true, rare dining experience, strongly recommended!

Apr 15, 2012

We obviously went to a different restaurant to most of the people who have written reviews. Or maybe we are not fans of the 1980s! Dated decor, close proximity to other diners (actually bumped elbows with man behind me) and a very dated menu. Food was very bland and the service was aloof, except when we were paying the bill.

Mar 31, 2012

Went to Larousse at Brighton le-sands last night with my wife and daughter. I had read the reviews here and I guess I was hoping it would live up to the best of them. On Arrival, there were 5 wait staff on, so they were expecting a busy night. A busy restaurant that is off the 'main drag' has got to be a good sign.

Service - really good. We arrived right on opening and hence for half of hour or so we were the only customers, so the service was fantastic. Once the restaurant filled up a bit, maybe another eight tables or so, I had to pour my own wine. Not a big deal though. Really friendly staff. Nice.

Food, we had the Seafood vol a vent Cardinal - scallops, prawns, muscles in a light lobster sauce. The seafood was cooked to absolute perfection. The sauce seemed to only have had the lobster waived over the top of the pot as there was no lobster flavour I could find. Not watery, just distinctly lacking in flavour.

We also had the Camenbert Pane (deep fried camnbert with crackers and cranberry sauce). It's a bit of a throw back to the 70's, but it is also one of my wife's favourites. Did what it said on the box. crisp breadcrumbs, hot, gooey cheese, cut through nicely by the cranberry sauce. A decent dish. Not spectacular, but tasty.

Then it was Canard a l'Orange. Canard = Duck. Divine. Slices of perfectly roasted duck so tender you could cut them with your fork. Lashings of slightly sweet orange sauce. You got good duck flavour through the sauce, and you found yourself chasing flavours around your mouth with your mind. Really good dish.

My wife had Poulet Larousse (Chicken breast stuffed with prawns and cheese then rolled in breadcrumbs and crushed almonds, served with a light demi glaze). Really tasty, well presented, and it has to be said, mountain of a dish. Crisp tasty almond coating, deep chicken flavour. Hot liquid cheese and prawns. You could taste the lot with every mouthful. Just a little dry though, but that's maybe being a little picky. It was dry, but that really didn't detract much from the enjoyment of eating it.

Deserts were Strawberry Crepe and Crepe Suzette. Really good crepes. Just enough structure to give them some bite, just enough sauce to flavour each morsel, and some cream for those needing a few extra calories. On presentation, the deserts looked smallish, but as you stood to leave the restaurant you soon realised there was some method in the madness...

A bottle of french Sav-Blanc, 2 french beers, two cokes, the above food plus a beautifully crusty, hot garlic bread, $186.00. All in all, good, friendly local restaurant we will certainly be going back to.

Jan 29, 2012