La Vecchia Cucina

Italian

Add a Review for La Vecchia Cucina

User Reviews of La Vecchia Cucina, Potts Point

Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

Small and intimate, bookings are essential for peak times but well worth it. I believe the chef does all the preparation and cooking by himself with just one waitress assisting with all the other duties when we went there. The food wasn't too fancy, but fresh, tasty and perfectly cooked. The creamed spinach was great and one of our faves. Highly recommended.

Jan 30, 2014

Expensive for a local but the food is uniformly great with the veal dishes the best I have come across in Sydney. Always packed which is a good review in itself, and best to come early in the evening. Overall a very pleasant surprise and much better in our opinion than the average rating you currently display.

Apr 07, 2012

Decent food, but for the price I would expect something exceptional which definitely wasn't the case. Stick to your local Italian, you won't be missing much.

Nov 06, 2011

Well prepared and tasty fish, pasta and veal mains dishes, pleasant ambience with attentive and friendly service only to be let down by unreasonably high prices especially for the antipasto and sides usually linked to tourist harbour front restaurants not a side street in Potts Point. A decent selection of wines at reasonable prices. Their pasta's alone tempt me to return.

Jul 30, 2011

We were given a lovely piece of fresh bread after we sat down. I had snapper fillets with lemon butter sauce which was delicious, my husband had veal with mushrooms in a creamy sauce, the veal was tender and also delicious.

Unfortunately, there were no steamed greens, only salads for sides. For dessert we had a waffle with ice cream and golden syrup, maple syrup would have been better. Overall the food was most enjoyable and the helpings were generous, the service was prompt, and noise levels were very acceptable.

Jul 10, 2011

Average at best. The food was good but overpriced for what it was. Side dishes were far too pricey. Great service by a young vietnamese/italian waiter, however, this was ruined by the senior staffs who preceeded to have a domestic in the restaurant.

Jun 29, 2011

Really shocked with the other reviews about the food. I eat here regularly and have always found the food fantastic. One of my favourite places for a nice pasta. I haven't found the staff rude ever however this could be because I eat there often and I am recongised. I was seated 15-20 mins after our booked table once which was a bit of a disapointment and the place does gets a little noisy and crowded when busy. Pricey but worth it for the food in my opinion.

Apr 14, 2011

I went here last Saturday night for dinner and the place was pretty empty/quiet. The ambience is a bit formal for my liking.

We (two people) ordered a pasta and salad, which we shared. The salad serving was huge and we ended up taking away the rest. The pasta was thoughtfully split into 2 plates for us, without asking. In terms of taste, the food was pretty good, though I felt I could have made the same thing at home.

We also asked for water and was given $6.50 bottle of Italian water, which I felt was a ripoff. In total, it came to about $46 for 2 people. You also get free bread as a sort of appetiser but the bread seems like a store-bought roll. The service was pleasant and the staff were professional.

Feb 24, 2011

The place beautiful but the food just didn’t match up. I ordered the veal salitem bocca. It was an over cooked piece of veal, in a gluggy gravox sauce that just tasted like wine. Instead of melted mozzarella it tasted my plastic yellow cheese. The only side orders they had were broccoli and salty chips. Have they not heard of contorni (eggplant, polenta, spinach, and zucchini) being served fries and broccoli told me all I needed to know.

Any self respecting Italian restaurant would never serve that. I don’t like to be negative but the senior staff was rude and tried to keep our change pushing us for a tip. I paid 50 dollars for a plate of food I didn’t like and it took 90 minutes to get to my table.

Aug 19, 2010

I went here for a friends birthday dinner, before I came on eatabilty to read some reviews, the majority were pretty bad but I thought exactly how bad can Italian food be? Well we found out pretty quickly, the food was disgusting and a they should be ashamed to call themselves an Italian restaurant.

First of all it took 1 and half hrs to get any food when it did finally arrive I had the spaghetti with prawns and mushroom, in a white wine sauce, what I got was a bowl of dry salty pasta with 2 mushy prawns and I never even saw any mushrooms, as a side order they gave us 2 bowls of soggy broccoli and 2 bowls of chips to feed 20 people.

To top it off we paid $45.00 a head. No entree, no dessert and that didn't even include our wine bill. Worst dining experience ever.

Jul 05, 2010