La Sangria

La Sangria Website

La Sangria Contact Info »

Bookings

Bookings are essential
Bookings are recommended for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights - we have been known to have to turn away more than 50 people a night sometimes, so to avoid disappointment book in advance! Bookings can be made by phone.

Sat to Sun 1pm - 3pm

Child Friendly
Outdoor Dining

Overview of La Sangria

Welcome to La Sangria Spanish Tapas
Located in the 'village suburb' of Balmain on Sydney's North Shore, La Sangria offers diners a relaxed dining experience with stunning Spainish cuisine.

One of only a handful of truly authentic Spanish restaurants in Sydney, La Sangria's cuisine originates from the country of Spain and is milder and very different from South American 'Spanish' cuisine (hotter and spicier). Come and enjoy the journey and bring your children too - they'll love our food just as much as you will.

La Sangria Spanish Tapas Restaurants welcomes all diners and looks forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit to our humble abode.

We also welcome phone enquiries for functions and parties and will endeavor to reply within the day.

Happy Dining!

Add a Review for La Sangria

User Reviews of La Sangria, Balmain

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Been here multiple times for dinner and every time the service is attentive, warm and welcoming. Food is served timely and you can tell them how many tapas you'd like served at any given time. Food is delicious and having eaten tapas in Spain, I still rate this place. Atmosphere is great for a date night as well as being great for families. Size of tapas are great too with the price range being very reasonable for the value. Highly recommended. Oh, and definitely try their red wine sangria!

Mobile Review May 03, 2014

Excellent food, great variety and good size tapas, $9-$13 each very good value for money. Amazing red wine sangria!

Feb 10, 2014

We ordered 5 tapas and a dessert, and we were really impressed. Spicy, flavoursome and plenty to share between 2. The least favourite was the chicken, it was quite bland and ordinary. The patatas bravas were a large serving and very nice. Garlic and chili prawns were our favourite of the night. We tried the white sangria and although it was nice, I felt it tasted more like a fruit juice.

Dining out on a summer night is always perfect, as outdoor tables are available and the front window was open, letting in a light breeze. Service was efficient and food didn't take too long to come out. Being a small restaurant, it was very noisy inside. Pricing is very reasonable. I will be back to try the paella and other tapas.

Jan 12, 2014

'NOM NOM NOM'

Went for a birthday dinner so it was a set menu. The tapas were great and a good amount which is good as I don't eat seafood so I couldn't eat the paella. It was quite hot inside so not sure if air con was working. Service was good.

Apr 01, 2013

Went here once with my then boyfriend on a quiet weekend for lunch. The place was pretty empty and we were the only people there. There was a special at that time. Tapas for 2 for only $50 for 6 tapas. It was more than enough for the two of us. And I also wanted to swap one of the items on the special because I Really liked potato and the lady was nice enough to change it for me. So happy. I don't know who that lady was whether she was the owner or a waitress but she was amazingly warm like a Spanish mother serving a home cooked meal.

Jan 17, 2013

Thanks La Sangria for my wonderful last night. It was fabulous for my special friends (fairwell party). We arrived last night for 4 people without booking. We almost missed it because the time we arrived to the restaurant is quite late for them. So, were so surprise about Mix tapas come with Sangria (for free) special dinner ever for weekday only. Thats so amazing.

This is the place for amazing Potato Bravas ever in Sydney. Hot and spicy! I love it. Chicken croquette so yummy. At 1st bite so soft and wanna test it again. Then, Garlic prawn so tasty and spicy. Based on my last night it was perfect. Can I called her mama, she look after us! The spanish Lady so amazing.

Another thing I would love to say last night around 20 people for the small restaurant (I think it was busy) she have to take order, food runner, making a drink, clear the table and take the money. Well, I really appreciate mama.

Overall, I love everything from La Sangria and I still go back every month and I always bring a lot of people come to visit the restaurant as well. One more thing I would like to say please maintain your food at a level of consistency and sangria, everything will be fine. I believe a lot of people will love a good test and family restaurant.

Jun 26, 2012

The way we have been treated by this restaurant is appalling and I am disgusted, offended and in shock at the rudeness and unprofessionalism that the staff and venue demonstrate. I will never ever involve myself with this restaurant and advise others to steer clear from such an unorganised and rude place.

Jun 25, 2012

I had heard a few good things about La Sangria and decided to give it a try. I left feeling really disappointed and decided not to go again. The place was quite small which made it very noisy. The service was poor. We found ourselves constantly waving our hand around trying to get a waiters attention. I wasn't too impressed with the tapas, the food was pretty average. Not sure what all the fuss about this place is.

Jun 25, 2012

I had read so many different reviews about this restaurant, both great and not so good so I just had to try it for myself and it was great! you could tell it has been recently renovated and I loved the look and feel of the place, the waitress who served us was the owner and was a very lovely lady. We enjoyed a fresh seafood paella, and for dessert we had Churros that was mouth watering! was a lovely dinner and reasonably priced. We will be back!

Mar 25, 2012

What a cute little joint! Heard there was a new cook in town so I thought I'd better revisit La Sangria, and it is still wonderful joyous food. The prawns were to die for. I thoroughly enjoyed it, maybe because it's the peasant in me.

Feb 17, 2012