La Parrillada

No cards

Add a Review for La Parrillada

User Reviews of La Parrillada, Leichhardt

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

I ate at La Parrillada a few times and usually go for the $23 all you can eat. It was great value. I do not have to ask for more as the first serving is usually enough for my partner and me. I think they do chicken the best here as it's cooked on charcoal. Yes, the other meat was a little salty and also not the best cuts but regulars seem to like it that way. At $25 with what you get with a drink really its not beaten anywhere else in Sydney at the moment. The only thing that was lacking was that I feel the restaurateurs were probably tired and the restaurant could do with a freshen up.

Mar 31, 2013

I had wanted to go to this restaurant for a very long time and I had seen it on tv. The food served at this restaurant looked amazing. The day we decided to go I had looked at their website and seen a “eat as much as you want” special was available. We called to confirm that it is a buffet and that “the eat as much as you want” special is still available. The worker of the restaurant said yes certainly the special is available.

We arrived at 7.30pm and saw no buffet set out we were surprised it looked nothing like “eat as much as you like” we ordered the deluxe meat platter at $110. Also they didn’t have purple corn juice on this day. After we ordered the waitress asked us how we want our steaks we said medium. She walked away and then two men walked in with ten children the waitress walked over and kiss one of the men. I assume they knew each other.

After the two men with all the children were seated about 15 minutes later she walked over and said the deluxe platter isn’t available. We were surprised because about half an hour had passed since we ordered and when we ordered she didn’t tell us that it was unavailable. She told us about the, eat as much as you want special for $23 per person. We said ok. We sit at the table for almost an hour before any food was placed on the table.

Finally almost an hour later a tiny bowl of chorizo arrived it was about 7 small and tiny sausages. It was a shock at how less it was. We asked ourselves did it take them an hour to cook these 7 small sausages. We asked for more bread and were amazed when it returned with only two pieces of bread. When finally the eat as much as you want platter arrived it was mostly beef ribs which was all fat, sinew, gristle and tough as old boots.

All the meat was extremely salty, I could see the salt crystals still on the meat. I only liked the sausages in the eat as much as you want platter. We still couldn’t understand how this was eat as much as you want until she said when you finish your platter of meat if you want more ask me and you will get more. We knew the kitchen closed at 9.30pm the food arrived at 8.30pm. So we gathered by the time we eat the kitchen would probably be closed and we also thought who would want to eat more of this rubbish meat.

The other people at our table couldn’t eat most of the meat as it was full of gristle and too tough. Without a doubt we were extremely disappointed especially when after the waitress told us the deluxe platter isn’t available we saw the waitress carrying a deluxe platter to the table with the two men and all the children. We wondered did the waitress lie to us and give the deluxe platter to her friends and not us.

Aug 11, 2012

A group of us went here for my son's birthday a couple of weeks ago. Unknown to us the restaurant, except for two tables, was booked out for an engagement party. This wasn't a problem as we got into the spirit, listened to and clapped the speeches and even got a piece of the cake. But I found the menu quite boring and lacking in variety. Yes, I know it's a grill but a platter of meat with a small salad and a bowl of chips (for seven people) doesn't cut the mustard these days. But worse was to come.

We ordered three coffees but the waitress arrived with one cup and explained "we've run out of coffee" Duh! I was then presented with a cup of transparent instant coffee. I didn't know you could still buy Pablo. The whole table laughed. I don't think I'll be back.

Oct 12, 2011

Couples night out was enjoyed by all as we selected on table charcuterie which had the most tender steaks and pork loin chops I have ever eaten, staff were helpful but the girls were taken aback at the lack of salads, the boys revelled in the meat.

Sep 28, 2011

This is a quaint little place filled with pieces from Peru and other various south American countries. Very homely feeling. If your into meat then this is your place. Do not bring a vegetarian here!! Awesome amounts of meat is served with all cuts available. Juicy and tasty pieces of meat grilled to perfection. The sides weren't much to speak about but that's not why yoUr really there. Must try the inca cola. Such a great flavour. Also try the flan for dessert. A good shot of complimentary port was served at the end and we were even given a box of traditional tea to be distributed between all of us. Loved it. Will go back for more.

Aug 08, 2011

Tasty food with very large servings but, unfortunately, a very limited menu. We received 2 types of chorizo for free which were both delicious. The restaurant is a little outdated but staff were friendly and prompt. Had a good night.

May 08, 2011

Really quite an odd little place. Whilst it does have some retro/neo Sth american ranch charm, the food just kills it. The meat platter for four people, claiming to be over 3 kg's of meat (from memory) was really just a big grill plate of overcooked gristle and fat. Don't bother with this place.

Mar 21, 2011

Went there with a couple of friends, we ordered chicken, it was Terrible, extremely salty, the serving of salad and chips was very small, and when we complained about the chicken, they just brought us some water, food and service was disgraceful, will not go there again.

Jan 04, 2011

Overall okay. The food was alot and we left feeling full although the meat is not of good quality. The staff were nice and the atmosphere was nice too.

Nov 27, 2010

I went there a couple of times with friends for the all-you-can-eat $20.00 and on the third time, the senior staffs started with excuses of "No Chicken available" for the all you can eat suggesting that we can only order from their menu at full prices. After some wrangling, they caved in but they became a little hostile towards us.

Then a couple of weeks later, again the same problem forcing us to choose from the main menu and not the all you can eat because again (surprise) no chicken available (this is at 6.30 pm when they opened at 5.30 pm). Anyway, this time the senior staffs were very hostile and deliberately took their time with serving the all you can eat food.

In other words, we had 2 dishes over 2 hours and this was on a Wed night. In short, they want to lure you there with their sweetener of $20 all you can eat but if you start going there often, they don't like it and force hell upon you. I will not be going there again. Simply put, if you advertise all you can eat for $20 then you must honor what you advertise and not become hostile and argue with customers who don't want to go onto the full price menu. Disgraceful behavior.

Jun 30, 2010