La Campana Spanish Cabaret

Has Bar

Add a Review for La Campana Spanish Cabaret

User Reviews of La Campana Spanish Cabaret, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Recommendable if your after a terrible experience! Was meant to be a special night out with my girlfriend. Ordered the seafood platter for 2. Inedible - worst seafood ever. Thought I'd mention it to the poor waitstaff who was lost with words so he called the funny little Peruvian manager who says: that's how our customers like it. He then thought he was macho man and kicked us out of the restaurant for giving him the negative feedback? Take my word... please don't ever, ever go this place.

Feb 06, 2011

Hens night debacle. Worst food I've had the displeasure to eat, service was barely okay. The entertainment was appalling the only thing that made it entertaining was our drunk Polish bride to be coworker who made everything better with Vodka and inappropriate pole dancing.

May 12, 2010

This restaurant needs to seriously fix itself up. We (bridesmaid) booked my sisters hens night for this Saturday night for 22 people, last week, they rang us saying that they have to cancel our booking due to the restaurant undergoing renovations. Well, this was stressful as the hens night was only a week or so away and we needed to book a new place plus let all the guests know that the location has changed!

Then, the restaurant calls us back informing us that the renovations will be finished in time for the party and we can have our booking back. Relief! Then two days (not even - less than 48 hours away) we get a voicemail message saying that the restaurant is cancelling our booking for 22 and they quote "hope we have a great hens night somewhere else". We may not even find a place in time for such a large amount of people.

The way we have been treated by this restaurant is appalling and I am disgusted, offended and in shock at the rudeness and unprofessionalism that the staff and venue demonstrate. I will never ever involve myself with this restaurant and advise others to steer clear from such an unorganised and rude place.

Apr 08, 2010

Ladies, never book a hens night at this restaurant. I am still in shock about the way these people at this restaurant devalue their customers. Firstly, I had a booking for 25 people to come to my hens night. After I sent out my invitations, La Campana called and cancelled my booking because they were closed for renovations. Fine, whatever. Then they called me a few days later saying they would be open in time for my hens night, so I decided to give them another chance and re-confirmed my booking.

Bad idea that turned out to be today one night before my hens night, they cancelled on me again! Hardly apologetic and just plain rude. The main messsage loud and clear ladies, don't ever bother with this restaurant.

Apr 08, 2010

Bad service, rude staff, will not return, and strongly don't recommend.

Apr 08, 2010

The seafood was horrible! the place has very loud music I couldn't hear what anyone was saying. On a more positive note the place is very cosy and had very nice staff.

Mar 30, 2010

Please never go here! I can't work out how they are still open. Organised my sister-in laws hens night here. Thought it would be fun, all girls dinner and dancing. Physically the place looks like its falling apart. It looks dirty and cheap, the food is not of restaurant quality the service (or lack of) is poor, and the price, although I do not remember it being out of this world expensive, I would not pay a thing for the experience we had at this place. So for whatever price they could possibly charge it's not worth it. Save yourself the experience.

Nov 24, 2009

In summary: don't go to this restaurant. We ordered 1 tapas and sangria special and a paella to share with 3 people. The waiter turned up first with 2 tapas platter. We realised they brought an extra one and told the waiter. The waiter basically said that we did order it and that he would talk to the senior staff. We could see from the table the waiter arguing with the senior staff, he then comes back to the table and argues that we did order it and that we had to pay for it.

We reassured him we didn't but he kept arguing we did. At the end we had to be blunt and say we didn't order it and we were not paying for it. The senior staff never approached us even though the place was almost empty (not surprisingly).
    The whole experience was even more unpleasant with the music playing extremely loud and there were only two or three groups in the restaurant. We couldn't even have a conversation without shouting at each other.

The paella was very mediocre and amateurish looking. It looked like a really yellow risotto and obviously cooked with "You'll love Coles" frozen prawns.
    Shocking! I cannot overstate the fact this place is not worth going!

Sep 19, 2009

I don't understand how this place is still open. The $35 set menu is miserable, when you can't even get Patatas Bravas right you have a problem. Five desserts advertised, one available and it's the simplest pre made, pre-mix flan on the planet.

The "Entertainement" is some sort of parody of South America, with the sort of embarrassing stunts that were common at weddings in the 80's. If you're determined to be here, you'll want to bring a bucket of dettol and some steel wool to get the residue of the place off afterwards.

Jul 19, 2009

Don't go to this restaurant, complete waste of money. The meals were terrible and the service well there was any. We have arranged for a main meal of chicken instead of seafood and were served seafood. We made numerous complaints during the night.

In the end I spoke to the hostess who spoke to the senior staff who said that they would fix it up. They then brought our dessert out before we had received our main meal. After speaking to the hostess yet again I asked to speak to the senior staff. They said that they would be a minute and I was left by the hostess's desk for appox 10 minutes. This is when I decided to approach the senior staff out in the kitchen.

I asked why they had brought out our dessert before our main meal. All very miserably excuses. In the end they agreed to 2 bottles of Sav Blac. The senior staff said that they only had one bottle of the Sav Blac left and would we have a reisling? In the end we agreed. Upon tasting the Sav Blac the senior staff had filled it with house white. This business is unethical.

Jul 05, 2009