La Brasserie

Tue to Sun 6pm - 10pm
Remarks
Closed on Monday

Entertainment/Live Music

French can can, opera or classical music night available monthly. Please visit labrasserie.com.au for further detailed information.

EFTPos

Best French Restaurant by Savour Australia, Restaurant & Catering

2013

Australia's wine list of the year award by Gourmet Traveller Wine

Overview of La Brasserie

La Brasserie has now created a new atmosphere, traditional & casual french bistro.

Add a Review for La Brasserie

User Reviews of La Brasserie, Darlinghurst

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Dined on a rather quiet Wednesday night we were greeted by some rather sullen looking staff. Everything was very slow to start with, couldn't order drinks, until the waiter decided he wanted us to order everything. After that the service was non existent, and the staff were not at all interested and it showed.

Food was ok, but when you spend $340 for two you expect a little more. Have been before and I think the owner served us, the difference between a year ago and now is chalk and cheese.

Aug 21, 2014

We went the night after Bastille Day, and there were still plenty of goodies on the menu. We had typically rich French dishes which were beautiful: foie gras with brioche, and confit of duck with carrot and cumin puree. And to wash it down, a bottle of French rose – the least expensive one on the menu, and it was excellent. The décor was just like a real French brasserie, and the service was friendly and professional.

Jul 21, 2014

It's hard to find great French restaurant in a place like Sydney. Something that is true to its flavours. La Brasserie has got it. I was there the other night and came to try their 'Your entrée is on us' deal (when coming between 6pm - 6.30pm). My friend had the duck confit which is just divine, and I had the mussels - it was fresh and cooked to perfection. The complimentary small plates were great to start off our dinner. We ended with a shared dessert of their 70% Valrhona chocolate - Fondant au chocolat...! It was perfect to end our wonderful dinner. I've no complaints with the service even when the place was full on a Wednesday night. I just visited their Facebook page, well-deserved award winning restaurant. It made me miss France. Thank you for being here La Brasserie...!

Nov 20, 2013

What a night! We decided to try La Brasserie as we've heard a lot about it and the experience was amazing! We've been there for the French music Festival. The venue was full with a great atmosphere as you expect from French Brasseries...
    We enjoyed the singers and the food was just outstanding! The staff was busy but still professional and looked after us very well! We'll be back very soon!

Jul 01, 2013

Food was just average. Mostly stakes on the menu. Interesting things like rabbit, coq co vin and all that are gone from the menu now. Had very rare 'Medium' stake. When pointed out to the waitress that the Medium looked more rare than Medium rare, she said Medium was supposed to be more rare than 'Medium rare' and didn't change it, ended up having very bloody stake. Service was bad too. The waitress actually said "I'm so busy so if you could hurry...". Even in her lovely French accent, was not so lovely. Food overpriced too. What a different experience it was from last year... Disappointed.

Jun 22, 2013

As my friend wanted to have french for dinner, I suggested this restaurant after my previous dining experience. It was good that I booked as it got busy from 7pm (Sat night) and as soon as we were seated we were served warm bread rolls and butter to start.

We all jumped to mains and my friend and I ordered the 300g pasture fed scotch fillet with fries. I had to send mine back as my medium rare was more rare (apparently that's how the French cook/serve it) and my friends medium looked medium rare. Still when it came out the pepper sauce that I requested was nice but I should have gone for the confit duck instead as I tried my husbands and it was tasty! Crispy skin with tender meat and the carrot purée was perfect with the duck! My husband just wished there was more of it and while we wanted dessert, nothing on the menu interested us so we decided to go elsewhere. But overall service was friendly and duck is definitely the go to dish!

Nov 6, 2010
    Trying to find a restaurant that will be enjoyed by a large group and close to work is always difficult. But my friend has mentioned this restaurant in the past and its only about a 10min walk from work so I booked this venue for a lunch function.

Even though it was a last minute decision, Phillipe was very accommodating and every request was not a problem. We managed to get the function area which was very for our group. The room was intimate and we loved the posters/pictures that were hanging on the walls.

We had one waiter who was friendly and managed to look after the large group by himself with no problems and all smiles. Since we had the function menu, I previously selected 3 main and 3 desserts previously.

I selected the duck which was nice but not the best I hvae had, but everyone who had the steak with frites loved theirs and though it was cooked according to everyones tastes. Desserts were creme brulee, the choc fondant and nougart glace. Everyone seemed to enjoy their choices and we ordered a few bottles of french wines to go with our food.

Just to make sure everyone would be full, we ordered some salads, beans and chips on the side. It was a nice long lunch and everyone raved about the food, venue and its a relief when everything goes well and even better when the company pays for it! I would love to come back with my hubby just to try their a la carte menu.

Feb 10, 2013

We dined on Sat night, the place was full, very attentive and friendly service, despite the full house, onion soup tasty and warm cheese souffle was warm and wonderful, main course chicken and duck confit with very crispy skin and the meat tender and just right, the dessert was the very fresh raspberry and very crunchy pastry mille-feuille - the portion is more than enough for two to share, very good food and wine, very attentive service, sure will come back again soon!

Dec 16, 2012

It is great to see some French flair in Darlinghurst. La Brasserie is top quality and top service, giving a superior experience.

Nov 12, 2012

Great atmosphere, tasty food, friendly and professional service, great french experience.... what else? We'll be back very soon!

Sep 07, 2012

Traditional french cuisine of good quality. Service was good although it was a quiet night. Not quality enough for a chefs hat but I would visit again definitely. Had to agree with James2222 that the escargot lacked flavour.

Aug 30, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

La Brasserie Your entree is on us Australia's wine list of the year 2013 Best French Restaurant of 2013 Kitchen crew with Chef Latifa Ichou - French Top C... Dinner event with Chef Latifa Ichou - French Top C... Dimmi award Best French Restaurant NSW 2013 award Private function room Every Tuesday $25 Mains - current offer. Private function Head Chef Tatsunori Nakai Philippe Valet Top choice Dimmi Award

Related Editorial Content for La Brasserie