Jamie's Italian

Street Parking
Parking Suggestions
Ezi Carpark at 109 Pitt St

Overview of Jamie's Italian

The ‘Jamie’ in Jamie’s Italian is the “Naked Chef” himself Jamie Oliver, British chef extraordinaire, restaurateur and media personality. Jamie says he should have been Italian as he totally admires the Italian lifestyle, cuisine and traditions. Jamie’s Italian is his homage to rustic and simple Italian dishes, what you would find ordinary folks enjoying over in Italy. Jamie’s Italian is also focused on using the best seasonal ingredients sourced locally and in Italy. Pasta is made fresh daily in the restaurant’s front window where the public can easily check it out.

Jamie’s Italian aims to bring good and authentic Italian food to the people at good value as well. The restaurant is well designed, featuring a lot of intimate corners that make the ambience friendly.

Add a Review for Jamie's Italian

User Reviews of Jamie's Italian, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Not bad Italian food though a bit salty/peppery. Ambience and service were excellent. Overall there are far better options in some Italian restaurants in the suburbs.

Mar 24, 2015

'http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=659146797'

I went here with a group of 10 for lunch. The pastas here are nice, with very flavoursome sauces. However I thought they were a touch overcooked. Because of this I think the prices are a tad high. The waiter knew the menu very well.

Mar 10, 2015

Decently priced food, environment is bustling and pleasant. Had a good time with family during second visit, however many of us complained about stomach pains afterwards.

Jan 27, 2015

I have eaten at Jamie's Italian twice and can say that I won't eat there a third time when there are so many other restaurants with better quality food and better value in a mere block's radius.

Most recently when I ate there it was with five friends. We all had three course. The entrees were of mixed quality. The Crispy prawns looked and tasted great (although only 2 small prawns), and the arrancini was also a hit. My Caprese salad though was extremely disappointing. Although traditional caprese salads feature basil- and this was advertised as such on the menu- there was no basil in the dish and it had instead been substituted with particularly woody rosemary. The dish featured only 2 very small pieces of mozarella and was smothered in olive oil. The stuffed sweet mini capsicums were a joke, no bigger than the top of my thumb and flavourless.

For mains, 5 of us had pasta while one had the rainbow trout. I had asked if they were able to do the truffle tagliatelle with gluten free tagliatelle and they said yes, but when it came out it was penne - it would have been nice to have been told that was the only variety of their gluten free pasta as, while I appreciate that they have the option on their menu, I would have chosen differently had I known. The dish was nothing short of awful. Sitting in a pool of butter with no seasoning and no hint of the nutmeg mentioned, the pasta was overcooked to point of mush. Despite the small size of the dish I still couldn't finish it. None of our party enjoyed their mains, all claiming that they were flavourless and overly greasy.

For dessert, I chose the pavlova - deceptive title as it was not the chewy, soft pavlova that we enjoy in australia but instead a piece of hard meringue. The meringue was overly sweet and unpleasant but the pepper in the berry compote was a nice touch. The waitress was very knowledgeable about the wine and chose 2 bottles that seemed to please all of the group. Overall a disappointing experience however.

Our first trip to Jamie's was about a year ago when my brother was visiting from Brisbane. There were only five of us in total so we were unable to make a reservation, but arrived at 6pm to put our names on the list. They estimated an hour's wait which we were fine about. After an hour and a half later without a phone call, I dropped back to check how far off our table was. I was told perhaps an other 30-40 minutes. Again, after a further hour, now at 8.30pm, I dropped back to get another estimate of when we may be seated. After lots of chatting between the hosts (where I got the distinct feeling they had skipped over us on the list and were now panicking that we may find out) the host said that he could seat us if we just waited another 15 minutes.

After waiting on the footpath for this 15 minutes they tried to give us a table upstairs. My brother is in a wheelchair - which was not only obvious to them but I had mentioned when I first arrived at 6pm! When I pointed out that he could not get upstairs, they said it may be another half hour before we could get a table. I would have gone elsewhere but my brother really wanted to eat there.

At 9.55pm we finally got the call that a table was ready. It was another full half hour before a waiter came to take our order. The food was fine, but by then, we just wanted to go home. I should have learnt my lesson the first time I guess and not given them a second chance.

Jan 07, 2015

Jamie’s Italian is one of the best and only choices for a good quality and modern Italian meal in the City area. I will be returning sometime to try the other stuff on their menu! We had the special buffalo tortellini and tuna fusilli with the bread selection as our starter.

blogRead more on my blog

Dec 30, 2014

Great night out Saturday night with family from out of town. Food was as good as expected, and the bill for the evening very reasonable. Only issue was slow drinks service but overall the timing of the meal was spot on. Will go back.

Mobile Review Nov 25, 2014

Very disappointing, we won't be returning. Our pasta meals were undercooked, very hard to chew and almost cold. The hot chips were the worst I have ever tasted - lukewarm and soggy and couldn't taste the garlic or salt, they were truly awful. The pavlova was more like a hard meringue shell, very dry and not at all pleasant. Even the brownie was bad - like something you would buy from your local supermarket. Somewhat less disappointing was the tiramisu. Overall a very expensive, noisy, unappetising dinner. Do yourself a favour, go somewhere else.

Nov 22, 2014

Visited for a Saturday lunch with the family. Ordered the food which was done efficiently, however, the waitress got one of our starters wrong. We also asked for a 10min break between the starters and mains. The mains came almost at the same time. We sent it back. About 30secs later the food came back again. So we felt rushed on what you expect to be a relaxing atmosphere. Ordered wine which took a long time to come. Also had to remind them to get the wine. The waitress was more interested in chatting to her colleague. The actual food was OK but nothing to rave about and is expensive for what you get. The pasta was overcooked but the bolognaise sauce was ok. We also have the squid ink angle hair pasta. The pasta was just plonked on top of the sauce, which should have been mixed through. Will not be going there again in a rush.

Nov 09, 2014

This was my second time visiting Jamie's and the menu had just changed on that day to suit the spring season.

For entrees we ordered the cripsy prawns, fried gnocchi and arancini balls. All the entrees were delicious, but i especially loved the cripsy prawns which were wrapped in thin pasta and then deep fried.

For mains we opted for the pork chop and black angel spaghetti. The pork chop was a stand out, being extremely tender and flavoursome. The pasta was a bit of a let down, being too salty and i would of liked a little more scallops.

As a side, we also had the polenta chips that everyone has been raving about. They were delicious but quite heavy, i found about 2 chips i couldn't fit any more in.

Overall the bill came to $89 which i thought was fairly reasonable for the amount of food we had order.

Oct 10, 2014

I took my nephew and his girlfriend here last evening. This is a very crowded, slightly cramped and noisy venue (as it is quite clearly intended to be). We waited a little while to be seated.

We shared our entrees and found them all to be very good indeed, we ordered separate mains and each of us found their choice to be outstanding (lamb chops, lasagna, bone in steak).

The service was good and friendly. All in all a pretty good restaurant for a casual modern Italian influenced meal; I intend to dine here again.

Oct 02, 2014

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Jamie's Italian Assorted Sorbet Risotto Milanese Arancini Elderflower Cordial Turbo Fusilli Menu Mushroom Panzerotti Complimentary Bread Mushroom Fritti Restaurant Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian Prawn Linguine Crab & Avocado Bruschetta Jamie's Italian Squid Ink Risotto with Crab Meat Brownie with vanilla ice-cream Jamie's Italian Kitchen Jamies Italian Pitt St, Sydney Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian

Related Editorial Content for Jamie's Italian