Jamie's Italian

Street Parking
Parking Suggestions
Ezi Carpark at 109 Pitt St

Overview of Jamie's Italian

The ‘Jamie’ in Jamie’s Italian is the “Naked Chef” himself Jamie Oliver, British chef extraordinaire, restaurateur and media personality. Jamie says he should have been Italian as he totally admires the Italian lifestyle, cuisine and traditions. Jamie’s Italian is his homage to rustic and simple Italian dishes, what you would find ordinary folks enjoying over in Italy. Jamie’s Italian is also focused on using the best seasonal ingredients sourced locally and in Italy. Pasta is made fresh daily in the restaurant’s front window where the public can easily check it out.

Jamie’s Italian aims to bring good and authentic Italian food to the people at good value as well. The restaurant is well designed, featuring a lot of intimate corners that make the ambience friendly.

Add a Review for Jamie's Italian

User Reviews of Jamie's Italian, Sydney CBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

I understand why many people will feel disappointed at this place but this is one of those places you just have to try just because it's Jamie Oliver! So it has the gimmicky feel but food and interior is like his rustic style. The pasta was a little al dente for my liking but the antipasto planks looked and tasted delicious! Definitely not the best Italian I've had but a fun place to go with a group of friends and thought the price tag was reasonable.

Apr 06, 2014

I was going through reviews and lately people have been disappointed when dining at Jamie's Italian (JI) almost like the time when they learnt that santa does not exist.

Unrealistic expectations - Unlike most reviewers I don't regard Jamie Oliver as a real chef (made on TV) and thus did not have high expectations of this franchise. My perception of him is that he is a cook that never really made it in the industry but became famous because of his TV shows although he did make cooking "cool" - cooking at home that is. Having a restaurant and serving customers is a relatively new venture for him.

TAGLIATELLE BOLOGNESE
    Tried to order pasta as it did say "Our pastas are all made here" and I was right, the pasta was cooked as it should be al dente and the sauce was delicious and the only regret is that I didn't order the main size. (just realised dirty plate lol)

WILD TRUFFLE RISOTTO
    Risotto was pretty good technically but not as memorable as you would expect.

SIMPLE BAKED LASAGNE
    Worst dish of the night. Sauce was bland with hardly any meat on it. Considering the price, this is the one that will push the score down. Pasta sheets without were borderline mushy as well.

OUR FAMOUS POLENTA CHIPS
    Waitress forgot it. When they did come, they were pretty good. I'm a big fan of Parmesan and they did go well together.

Service - Jamie got famous with he carefree sort of attitude towards cooking, and the staff there adopted the same attitude - carefree. One of the waiters forgot our polenta chips claiming her colleague did not enter it in the system. Long story short, the waitress in charge of our table remedied by bringing the chips five minutes later. That said, that should not have happened, I mean it's only

Conclusion - Only go if you're a big fan of Jamie Oliver (I don't know why anyone would be). Otherwise nothing ground breaking here, plenty of other restaurants to go to in that price range. I prefer those small family owned Italian places but are so hard to come by in Sydney CBD. With only one dish out of four dishes to come back for, I'll pass.

@thesydneynoob

SIMPLE BAKED LASAGNE TAGLIATELLE BOLOGNESE WILD TRUFFLE RISOTTO OUR FAMOUS POLENTA CHIPS

Apr 03, 2014

Great food, fun place. Service was disappointing. Our waitress was hard to find, never came back to take drinks orders or ask if we wanted anything else (which we did). That being said other tables seemed to have much more attentive staff, I guess it is just hit and miss as to the staff on the night.

Mar 26, 2014

Damn good food. Loved it.

Mar 20, 2014

After reading some negative comments I was a bit worried about going here. But I can't complain at all! The food was great, the service was exceptional, we were seated promptly, the cocktails were awesome. Overall a great experience.

Mar 19, 2014

Have eaten here twice now, first time (18months ago) food was impeccable and fond memories followed. This time, the opposite. The main was so salty, my wife and I ate a few forkfuls each and left it. The waiter to his credit said he could get another, but at that point we were over it. The entrees we're delicious, the veal was charcoal which was disappointing. We did not have dessert. Overall we gave it a 6 out of 10.

Mobile Review Mar 17, 2014

Honestly are you having a laugh! Over-seasoned, small portioned & overcooked pasta... basics gentlemen, ever heard of the word al dente! A trip to Italy does not make you an expert Italian chef Mr. O! Portion size is king... if we are going to pay top dollar for a flour & water paste (with maybe an egg thrown in) with a tomato sauce I want a decent portion, felt totally ripped off... will never return!

Mar 13, 2014

Service ok, food soooo salty, one of our group asked if she had been served an entree size by mistake. A bit like McDonalds Italian really, except If you judge food quality against price it's expensive.

Mar 07, 2014

Delish meals, relaxed vibe and incredibly friendly staff. I'll be back!

Mar 06, 2014

A law girls reunion lunch saw us travel to Wynyard in order to try Jamie’s Italian, a very well known establishment that I’ve been dying to try!

Food:
    There were lots of great and unique sounding options on the menu, like the Black Angel pasta, made of squid ink, and Honeycomb Cannelloni. However, they were out of some of the options, which was a bit disappointing! There were also a couple of dishes where one ingredient, such as anchovies, made the option seem unappetizing, and unfortunately, they couldn’t really alter them. Nevertheless, I settled on the Sausage Parpadelle, described as slow-braised fennel sausage ragù with red wine, parmesan & crunchy, herby breadcrumbs. The taste was great, and it was flavorsome and crunchy with the breadcrumbs. The pasta was very beautiful as well, with a lovely curly edge.

Mar 05, 2014

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Jamie's Italian Assorted Sorbet Risotto Milanese Arancini Elderflower Cordial Turbo Fusilli Menu Mushroom Panzerotti Complimentary Bread Mushroom Fritti Restaurant Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian Prawn Linguine Crab & Avocado Bruschetta Jamie's Italian Squid Ink Risotto with Crab Meat Brownie with vanilla ice-cream Jamie's Italian Kitchen Jamies Italian Pitt St, Sydney Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian Jamie's Italian « 1 of 23 photos »

Related Editorial Content for Jamie's Italian