Ichiro's Sushi Bar

Ichiro's Sushi Bar Contact Info »

Japanese

Prices $$

Average Meal Price $24 - based on one entree & main course only
We have a Sushi menu that covers over 70 varieties with prices ranging from $3.00 to $6.00. Our Kitchen Menu has a range of cold and hot dishes covering a wide selection of items.
$5.00

Bookings

Bookings are welcomed but may not always be possible. Please contact us to find out more.

Mon to Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Mon to Sat 5pm - 9pm
Remarks
Last order for dinner is 8.45pm. Please ring ahead and we will make sure your food is ready before we close.

Corkage Per Person $2.00

Serves Lunch
Serves Dinner
Serves Takeaway

Delivery

Limited delivery service maybe available within the local area. Please call to find out more.

Delivery, Pick Up and Catering

Parking

Ample or Convenient Parking
Free Parking
Parking Suggestions
Plenty of parking on Bourke Street and Church Avenue.

Notes

We are online! Check out www.ichiros.com.au or Facebook or Twitter - IchirosSushiBar for all the latest news and specials.

Order Delivery or Pickup from Ichiro's Sushi Bar
  • Free to order with no markup!
  • Cash or credit | Instant confirmation
  • Over 1 million meals delivered!
Order Now

Overview of Ichiro's Sushi Bar

Ichiro's Sushi Bar is a relaxed and friendly Japanese restaurant located right next door to Mascot Train Station. We serve only the freshest and high-quality food. Our extensive range includes sushi, bento boxes, noodles, donburi (rice bowls) and hot appetizers and mains. We also have sushi party platters to suit all budgets and functions.

We are open for lunch, Monday to Friday, and dinner, Monday to Saturday.

If you are in a hurry, fax or phone your order through and it will be ready when you want. Check out www.ichiros.com.au for further information.

Add a Review for Ichiro's Sushi Bar

User Reviews of Ichiro's Sushi Bar, Mascot

We usually go to another Sushi place in Mascot, however we were pressed for time and went to the nearest to work. What a let down. We waited an hour for a take away sushi. Had to eat it back at work (Lunch break is 30mins). The girl taking our order was rude, impatient and very condescending. The main guy however was very nice and apologetic. Sushi was average.

May 07, 2013

I have lived in Mascot area for a few years and my partner is Japanese so I have had my fair share of Japanese food over the years. I visited Ichiro's last week and the food was awful and that was the truth. The food lacks flavour and the sushi served was far from appealing to the eye let alone the taste buds. Clearly the fish was a long time dead. Another bad Japanese restaurant that spoils the name of Japanese food and surely there were a lot of those in Sydney.

Apr 02, 2013

After the previous high reviews talking this place up, we finally went here for dinner and the summary is... eh.

The teriyaki sauce was too sweet, the tempura batter was slightly soggy rather than crisp, something in the soft shell crab tasted weird to me (almost like they didn't remove the guts or gills before cooking, perhaps?) and the rice was a bit dry.

Don't get me wrong, the place isn't bad, and maybe I've been spoilt too much by better restaurants closer to the CBD. But it's definitely not a 9-10 star place. Don't go there expecting the moon, and you'll have a good meal.

Oct 25, 2012

Absolutely beautiful food! The soft shell hand roll is really to die for and the tempura is assorted and perfect. Teriyaki tofu is delicious and silky while the prices are completely reasonable. An honourable mention, the staff are delightful and service is fast and reliable!

Jul 21, 2012

Fresh sushi and sashimi. A real nice place with good friendly service. The dishes we had were well presented and quite delicious. Highly recommended.

Jan 31, 2012

I was so disappointed with this restaurant, the raw fish is thin like a piece of paper on top of the rise, price is not cheap for this type of Japanese food.

Jan 17, 2012

A local gem! Unobtrusive service, really fresh sushi, and right next to the railway station - perfect for a quick trek from town, or if you're stuck waiting for a plane.

Oct 17, 2011

I love this place! I'm a local who lives and works in Mascot. It really is a secret. I've been here around 30 times and I can honestly say the food is always great and consistent. I especially love the Soft Shell Crab sushi, the fresh sashimis, the pork dumplings (gyoza) and the bento boxes. I've tried pretty much everything and it really is tasty and fresh. The staff and owner are very friendly and service-focussed. It really is a nice and cosy local. Also great they allow BYO wines.

Apr 27, 2011

We ate lunch at Ichiro this past summer while visiting Sydney. The food was fresh and of high quality. Must try: beef tataki, soft shell crab and the salmon and avocado rolls - my 4 year old went for seconds on the latter!

We sat outside since we had 3 kids with us so there was a bit of traffic noise at times. I would choose indoors on my next visit.

The owner and his staff were very accommodating with the kids and their special dietary needs. All in all, a pleasant experience!

Apr 10, 2011

I agree with all the ratings as Ichiro's is truly a fine dining experience for the family. I have been going there for the last several months and have found the service and food presentation to be excellent. Child friendly and reasonably priced.

Nov 01, 2010