Hotplate Steak House

6.7

Hotplate Steak House doesn't have enough review data for a recommendation based on its 4 reviews

6.5

13 Goulburn St
Haymarket NSW 2000

Hotplate Steak House Contact Info

Prices $

Average Meal Price 15 - based on one main course only (entree could not be calculated)

Mon to Sun Noon - 3pm

Child Friendly

City View

Add a Review for Hotplate Steak House

User Reviews of Hotplate Steak House, Haymarket

$20 seldom gives one a full serviced meal these days. However, we found a gem in the middle of Chinatown, Hotplate Steak House, which offers a complete set menu for just $20. Its dining room upstairs is clean and simple, coupled by friendly service.

The set menu includes an entree salad, soup, garlic bread, a main course served on a hotplate, dessert, and a palate cleansing sorbet! It is certainly great value. The sight of the meat sizzling on the hotplate generates an excitement. However, the meat will be slightly overcooked towards the end of the meal.

@bitesizereviews

blogRead more on my blog

Feb 02, 2012

I have eaten at this place twice with the use of vouchers purchased from bargain sites. My initial impression of the venue was the long walk up the stairs. Although only a quick two flights, the smell that emanated from it was horrendous. Gagging nearly all the way up the stairs on what seemed to be a mixture of vomit and sewage, it was not the best impression ever.

The service was friendly and efficient. Each course was delivered at just the right moment. Although to my disgust, all the cutlery and crockery was dirty and the hygiene of the food--suspect. Nonetheless, the food was good, but not spectacular.

I guess the outlay/décor of the room was more impressive then the actual food.
    The food was average, but I must make note of their "hotplate steak". Though the meat was good, the noodles on the side seemed like they came from a can of SPC, which I found a bit odd. On the good side, their choice of Merlot was as good as the value. If you're looking for a cheap eat, this is the place. I might also add, that this was the same experience I had received on both occasions.

Nov 03, 2011

I really like the steak (esp. the chicken fillet) here. I been to some steak houses in Darling harbour and find western cuts boring. Even though many friends of mine don't like the steak here, so if you like thick western style steak, you shouldn't come here. It tastes just like the steak you expect to buy at a Taiwanese night market. The restaurant feels clean all the time. Once I was there with my boyfriend, my chicken came after he finished his steak.. Asked three waiters about it, none of them came back with a response. It left a really bad impression, but I will still go back. The restaurant itself has really good atmosphere. Generally not so busy - during lunch time they have $12 deal for main meal + soup or drink!

Oct 15, 2011

Heard about this place through food blogs, there was a deal for $19.95 which included bread, salad, soup, sorbet, a main, dessert and a drink, it's a pretty good deal when you think about it so of course I gave it a go!

The place is situated upstairs and is very nicely decorated with the "lucky" red colour, the decor was very modern and there is ample seating for a big crowd, we came on a Sunday for a late lunch so the place wasn't very full. The staff seated us and gave us time to understand the menu before we ordered. In between me and my partner we shared one of the deals and ordered an extra main, good thing too as there was a lot of food and we barely finished everything between the two of us.

Everything was freshly made and prepared, and tasted good with the exception that the steak was very thin and a weird cut, the chicken was very tender and we left feeling satisfied. The bill came to about $30 between us, such great value! Will certainly come here again for a cheap feed and recommend it to others.

Jul 20, 2011

Hotplate Steak House 1 Hotplate Steak House 2 Hotplate Steak House 3 Hotplate Taiwanese Steak House « 1 of 4 photos »