Hong Fu North East Chinese Restaurant

Wed to Mon 5:30am - 10pm

Available

Add a Review for Hong Fu North East Chinese Restaurant

User Reviews of Hong Fu North East Chinese Restaurant, Parramatta

First time here having walked past this place many times seeing people - mainly Chinese - queued out on the pavement waiting. This place is popular with its own people and now we know why. The food is devine and, having eaten Chinese food cooked by my Chinese daughter-in-law, this was authentic. One normally gets either quality or quantity in a restaurant but rarely both at the same time. Hong Fu has quality food and lots of it on your plate. The greeting is aimed at Chinese, not us white people but wasn't rude. The service also, whilst slow, was OK. The price was excellent. 2 x mains and rice for one (we took food home with us) came to $38.50 and there was no corkage fee for my own wine. We will go back in a heart beat but will make sure we get there early to avoid the queues. Worth the money definitely.

Sep 04, 2013

I eat at Hong Fu for lunch on a regular basis. I love Hongs! they have the best dumplings and shallot pancake. Service is always prompt. The only thing I can fault is the chairs are too big for the size of the restaurant, but the food completely makes up for that.

Feb 20, 2013

Great value, authentic Northern Chinese food. Service is fine for what they charge.

Dec 21, 2012

Went in and was greeted with the smell of horrible. Stood there, patiently, waiting to be served by a waitress but they just looked at me and ignored my existence which made my first impression of this restaurant very bad. At Hong Fu, I have experienced hospitality service at its worst, especially with their rude employees. It is also very loud there will everyone talking as if they were outdoors and it was very cramped as you could barely walk in there. On a better note, the food there is very unique and tasty. I think that is the only thing that keeps me going there even though the ambience and service is appalling. 10 stars if the cutlery and crockery were cleaner and perhaps, drier as it's wet. The price on the menu is cheap as well - with hand-made noodles at the price of $10.80 and other special dishes around $15.

Nov 10, 2012

Crispy pork with chilli was great. Dumplings were just average. Service is slow and unfriendly (borderline rude). Pretty cheap, but more expensive than other dumplings places in the area. Not pram or child friendly. Very small restaurant with big chairs. Capacity is limited.

I was excited to find out what the hype was about. Left the restaurant feeling a bit "bleh" about th whole thing, so I was disappointed and still not sure why there are always lines outside.

The wait for a table can be up to an hour after 7pm. Might just go back for takeaway next time.

Dec 13, 2011

I went to Hong Fu Restaurant with other 7 people and ordered 11 dishes. Of these, 2 dishes were just ok and 9 dishes were very good.

The restaurant looks rather new but nothing special and just normal chinese style. Service was good for Chinese restaurant.

It cost $170 in total so cost just above $20pp. I wanna go again coz their food taste nice and good value.

Oct 16, 2011

Amazing dumplings and good fresh home made noodles.

Apr 16, 2011

Hong Fu has moved and I'd like to know where. The old restaurant was way too cramped but you know the food is good when all the clientele are chinese nationals and order in mandarin. Pity I can't understand a word, but the usual "I'll have what they're having" works! the soy marinated pork ribs were fantastic! cheap too.

Jan 07, 2011

I think they have moved and I was happy to find them again. A real change in my normal eating habits. The food is always good and value high. Service ok, but always nice to you.

Aug 27, 2010

A popular place which has moved location to a new shop which has better ambience. This place is known for its dumplings. For myself though there is nothing special with the dumplings or the food in general. I've tried a few dishes but nothing was outstanding to me. Value wise there portions are bigger than other places. This place has made a name for itself, but for myself I am unsure why.

Jul 18, 2010