Hawthorn Mosman

7.7

Hawthorn Mosman Details

Hawthorn Mosman Address

Mosman Plaza
Basement, Shop 3, 707 Military Rd & Gouldsbury St (corner)

Mosman NSW 2088

Two Goblets in Gourmet Traveller Wine List of the Year Awards

2011

14/20 Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide

Overview of Hawthorn Mosman

Hawthorn Mosman is a modern Australian restaurant located in the heart of Mosman.

Our heritage listed, freestanding cottage offers a relaxed, eclectic and inviting environment away from the bustle of the Mosman Strip and everyday life.

Hawthorn Mosman is the right venue If you are looking to drop in for a coffee or glass of wine and share plate, a fantastic breakfast or a fabulous lunch or dinner.
Hawthorn also offers healthy children's menu.

Owners Dan and Veronica would love to welcome you all and look forward to making your stay enjoyable.

Add a Review for Hawthorn Mosman

User Reviews of Hawthorn Mosman

Page: 1 2 3 Next

The poorest service I've experienced in Sydney, thanks to the lack of people skills from the maître d - who was constantly speaking Italian from across the room to his staff. Our choice had been sold out, we're advised of it 20min later, no apologies, no alternatives. The dish was delicious but not what we ordered. I have dietary requirements which were advised of but completely ignored. Hard to enjoy your night...

Dec 01, 2013

Hawthorn's manager is just plain rude and needs a few lessons in hospitality. He treats customers as though he does not need their return business at this overpriced eatery. Most of the food is of very average restaurant quality, sometimes quite nice, but nothing to rave about.

Today, we quietly, brought to his attention that one of our guests found their hardly touched meal inedible, he argued with us that the food was good, eventually and reluctantly he brought out a different dish for the guest (when we had finished meals).

When we received the bill, we were shocked that he charged for the replacement meal or he hadn't just thrown in the two coffees as a gesture of goodwill.
    This is not the first time we have had a problem there, but it will definitely be our last. Never again.

Nov 10, 2013

Ordered a pasta dish which was simply inedible. Pasta rubbery and sauce just not up to scratch. Advised manager that I simply could not eat it. His response "Well I had some earlier and I thought it was pretty good, it must be your taste" and that was it. No offer of replacement nothing. Eventually further complaints I was offered a replacement dish, a quiche which was quick to prepare. It was pretty good. But guess what, we were charged for the pasta as it was the more expensive dish. No tip and not returning until manager replaced.

Nov 10, 2013

Last minute decision to try this place - lovely place - on a Saturday night. Great presentation, Fresh delicious and tasty dishes - well presented. We had the calamari and a tuna steak with a celeriac mash brocollini and a side of perfectly steamed summer vegetables. Waiters were great although a little slow on my first glass of wine and to get the cheque - but no big deal and we will definitely be going back and telling our friends. Don't know what these previous 2 reviews are talking about - probably the restaurant down the road that's now out of business ! This is a must try!

Feb 16, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant for lunch last Sunday. On the outset, the place was lovely, it has simple but quality decor and the menu was impressive. We just felt like a sandwich and both commented that we would happily have eaten any of the sandwiches on the menu, all sounded yummy and interesting.

However, we ended up being disappointed. The sandwiches were $18+. But were essentially just one piece of bread with the filling on the top. My husband had the steak sandwich, which he enjoyed but it was quite small. I had the haloumi and was very disappointed. Firstly, the menu boasted haloumi with fresh Mediterranean vegetables.

I received a very small piece of bread, with a chopped tomatoes and cucumber with pesto, haloumi and a poached egg. It was tiny. Not quite what I had in mind... And then the haloumi was so salty in the end I couldn't even eat it (and trust me, I was starving so I tried!). I had it piled up on the side of my plate and had eaten everything else when the waitress came to take our plates. She didn't ask so I told her why the haloumi was not eaten. It was so salty it wasn't edible. She apologised sweetly, and, that was that. No refund offered, no coffee on the house, no nothing.

I was extremely disappointed with the service in this regard. These are times when restaurants can really prove how good their service is. We will probably not be coming back, which is unfortunate because the place has real potential.

Sep 26, 2012

Atrocious service, mediocre food, burnt coffee and appalling treatment of the group of avid food lovers, event pre-booked a month in advance.

There are numerous eateries in the area supplying equal or better food, without openly rude attitude, while the place was completely deserted on Saturday!

I went out of my way to write this review, as I can't imagine a place like that surviving in the thriving competition.

Jul 30, 2012

Went there last week for my older brothers 31st birthday. Thoroughly enjoyed my rib eye steak, yet would have liked to have a bit more salad or chips with it as it looked a little plain on the plate. Tasted lovely though. I love the setting, so cute in an old cottage and different to the rest of modern mosman. We'll be back for sure.

Apr 24, 2012

4 of us enjoyed a lunch here recently. Warmly greeted and shown our table in the front courtyard, I was full of anticipation that we would enjoy a very comfortable few hours over lunch. We weren't disappointed.

The meals we selected from a concise menu were tasty and well presented, the service was friendly and accommodating, the ambience pleasant so overall value was excellent. Cannot finish without mentioning that their coffee was superb. I would return even just for this.

Apr 23, 2012

After 12 months of intending to go to Hawthorn Mosman, we finally got a table on a rainy Tuesday evening.

Service, Food and Ambience is perfectly matched for a relaxed dinner with friends. Pricing is spot on for this type of dining experience. I was a little surprised to see a fairly limited (by the bottle) wine list, however, it was appropriately priced. Perhaps, they have limited storage?

We'll be back! Highly recommended!

Apr 18, 2012

12 of us went for breakfast a few saturday mornings ago for my boyfriends birthday.

Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. The food was divine, the atmosphere was lovely and the service was topnotch. We arrived a little late and the polite waitress advised us that we needed to get our order in for breakfast as the service was ending, this was fine and once our order was in there was not rush at all.

We definitely recommend and we will definitely be back! Thank you!

Apr 11, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 Next

The Wine Bar at Hawthorn Mosman Hawthorn Mosman Hawthorn Mosman 'Clicquot Summer lounge' Hawthorn Mosman « 1 of 5 photos »

Related Editorial Content for Hawthorn Mosman