Hard Rock Cafe Sydney

Bookings are not allowed

Add a Review for Hard Rock Cafe Sydney

User Reviews of Hard Rock Cafe Sydney, Darling Harbour

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Food was inedible. Nobody on our table of 4 enjoyed their food. Except for the potato skins! It's more of a novelty (which slowly wears off) with all the celeb paraphernalia inside.

Mobile Review Jan 12, 2014

Food  1      Ambience  1      Service  1      Value  1      Drinks  1

Not recommended. Waste of time and money.

Food was really bad and McDonald's & Burger King even serve better burgers and chips than this overpriced "restaurant".

Staff were rude and careless. Dirty dishes and cutlery. The bill was another thing when they added other menu items that we did not order.

They are really going downhill. Avoid this place like the plague!

Oct 28, 2013

Food  6      Ambience  7      Service  7      Value  6      Drinks  7

Don't expect restaurant style quality food. The experience and novelty is what you go there for. It's ok but there are much better hard Rocks in the US.

Jul 09, 2013

Food  1      Ambience  2      Service  1      Value  1      Drinks  6

One of the worst burgers I've ever eaten - their "classic" was an overcooked patty of beef on a dry toasted cheap burger bun. A piece of limp lettuce, slice of tomato that looked like it was cut yesterday and a couple of rings of raw onion on the side of the plate completed the picture for $17. Oh, I forgot the handful of totally forgettable hot chips with no taste whatsoever. There were no chicken tenders available on the kids' menu so my daughter had a pretty revolting frankfurter in another cheap and nasty bread roll.

If they insist on getting their wait staff to wear black they really need to remind them to wash their uniforms occasionally - being served by a disinterested waitress in a filthy skirt didn't add to the experience but to be fair most of her colleagues were equally grubby (and we're talking early lunch, not end of service). Not sure what has happened to the whole Hot Rock thing, I've had to die for burgers in other countries. Will never be back.

Jul 08, 2013

Food  6      Ambience  9      Service  3      Value  7      Drinks  8

I had 2 totally different experiences here. At the restaurant, the food was very mediocre at a mediocre price. The drinks however were really watered down it actually, tasted, like, water. I politely advised the waiter of this to which he merely gave me a cold nod and didn't come back or address the issue.. so he pretty much just forgot or ignored us.

Half an hour later, we asked another waiter who said he'd get the manager. A lady came a few minutes later (looking annoyed that we'd complained) and asked what was up. We told her the Sangria was too watered down and if there was anything she could do about it. First thing she does is get way defensive and turning the blame on the customers (I mean, what decent place would do that?!), saying "well the ice has melted so that's why it tastes like water".

Wow, how patronising is that! Especially with the foul attitude, no apology, no smile, just attitude. We replied by saying we complained about this about half an hour ago before the ice melted so yeh, the problem is with the alcohol. She grudgingly took the jug back and came back with pretty much the same tasting mix. My guess is she just took it back to shut us up but didn't actually try to fix the problem and give us what we ordered.

Now at the bar outside the restaurant.. awesome! It wasn't packed at all so we didn't have to wait at all to order our drinks. The punky female bartender was so-so and only really treated us nicely when we tipped her, but the other male bartender was fabulous! Wish I'd gotten his name because he was attentive and polite to us all night even though I never tipped him (drinks weren't too cheap here at $10 a shot). The drink selection was really creative and interesting, it kept us going back to the bar all night!

We were here for a birthday and the ambience and set-up was just perfect. We had a blast of a night (minus the crappy restaurant staff).

Jun 20, 2013

Food  7      Ambience  1      Service  7      Value  8      Drinks  7

Good American style food and quite cheap! However, please get rid of the band! So loud and I'm in my 20s but this was ridiculous I basically lost my voice trying to speak to my friends. The band wasn't great either - the lead singers voice was pretty average.

Apr 29, 2013

Food  8      Ambience  8      Service  5      Value  6      Drinks  5

Went there for Sunday lunch and both had the pulled pork sandwiches, which were very tasty. The baked bean side was delicious. Some of the other food that we saw coming out of the kitchen didn't look that great to be honest, like the starter tasting plate that had spring rolls dipped in guacamole, not my cup of tea, lol. But without trying it, I can't pass judgment on the taste? Service was okay. We were asked to sit in a booth and were accommodated. All the staff were friendly enough.

Apr 07, 2013

Food  3      Ambience  7      Service  8      Value  4      Drinks  7

Despite the poor rating, decided to try it out. Oh how stupid was I? It was just as what people said, service and drinks are good but the food is absolutely sh*t! We weren't even being adventurous. We went for their house special burger and steak (new york strip) which apparently they are famous for (says on the menu). Burger patty was dry and tasteless and the steak was extremely tough to cut let alone chew (and i ordered medium rare!). Congrats on an epic fail hard rock cafe sydney!

Feb 07, 2013

Food  3      Ambience  3      Service  4      Value  4      Drinks  7

Decided to try hard rock cafe at darling harbor with 2 of my friends but was greatly disappointed. I have already been to the hard rock cafe in surfers paradise and thought it was great I ordered a bacon cheeseburger the fries were over cooked and burnt and dry the bacon was dry with poor presentation unlike surfers paradise where the presentation was perfect and cooked well that's why I was wanting to go to the one at darling harbour.

Also the music was over the top loud now I know it's meant to be loud but you couldn't even hear what the person opposite you was saying without yelling it's meant to be a restaurant not a night club. I don't understand how the standards are so different when it's meant to be the same place it's just poor especially for Sydney it's pretty pathetic. Lift your game def not going back or recommending it to anyone the one in surfers yes the one in Sydney def not.

Jan 04, 2013

Food  4      Ambience  8      Service  3      Value  4      Drinks  7

I ordered grilled salmon and the waiter came with chicken parm. I waited for the grilled salmon to arrive, by the time it did, my friends' food was cold. The salmon was dry, too dry and burned a tiny bit. The food was overpriced and service took such a long time. We weren't offered any drinks or any apologies, nothing. The drinks, however, were good.

Nov 25, 2012

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Hard Rock Cafe Sydney 10 oz optimistically named Legendary Burger Fajita Burger S.O.B. Burger Food not cleaned up « 1 of 5 photos »